Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2023, 02:10 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times

Advertisements

I adore roller coasters. Only issue I have with them is that some of them bash your head into the restraint system and it causes me pain in my head and neck. I don't like that part so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2023, 02:55 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I swore off those kinds of rides that day... until the night I couldn't resist the roller coaster at Stateline. I had no plans to ride it. It looked rickety, it sounded rickety... I wanted no part of it. But later that night, after some drinks...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=buffalo+bi...ages&ia=images

I went on it first by myself, was terrified/thrilled, and then went and got Chow and dragged him there to ride it with me.
That state line rollercoaster is something else!!! Would you ride it again? I think I would, but it has been years since I did it last.

Old 01-23-2023, 04:30 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
That state line rollercoaster is something else!!! Would you ride it again? I think I would, but it has been years since I did it last.
I don't know, am I having some drinks first again?

What got me about the Supreme Scream was that it gave a false start and dropped just a little and I thought it was malfunctioning and we were about to plummet to our deaths. lol So, yeah, we screamed, supremely.

Like Chow said, it's not necessarily the rides themselves I'm afraid of, it's the malfunctioning part of it. Every once in a while you hear about someone dying on them. (Not to be a buzzkill here. lol)

Old 01-24-2023, 09:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
I'm a screamer, rides are more fun when you're screaming.

Same with haunted houses.

Old 01-24-2023, 09:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I don't know, am I having some drinks first again?

What got me about the Supreme Scream was that it gave a false start and dropped just a little and I thought it was malfunctioning and we were about to plummet to our deaths. lol So, yeah, we screamed, supremely.

Like Chow said, it's not necessarily the rides themselves I'm afraid of, it's the malfunctioning part of it. Every once in a while you hear about someone dying on them. (Not to be a buzzkill here. lol)
Oh no, like that poor kid on that one ride that freefalls? And his seat belt wasn't connected? That was horrible.

Old 01-24-2023, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm a screamer, rides are more fun when you're screaming.

Same with haunted houses.
See, that's the thing. I never screamed on rides. Usually I'm just laughing. I've always loved scary rides since I was a girl. I always thought people were overreacting or whatever, like you say, just getting into it. But this was not about a ride that was designed to be scary, I seriously thought we were in trouble. We've posted about it many times over the years. We still laugh at ourselves about how we were so traumatized. lol

Old 01-24-2023, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh no, like that poor kid on that one ride that freefalls? And his seat belt wasn't connected? That was horrible.
I honestly don't remember details, but it comes up once in a while.

Old 01-25-2023, 11:45 AM

40,954 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Indeed, Merry Christmas to all - have a wonderful holiday filled with merriment and mirth - and eat to your heart's content.
Did you notice she is listed as no longer a member? Been here a since 2006 and last post was Christmas eve.

Wonder what happened.

Old 01-25-2023, 12:00 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Did you notice she is listed as no longer a member? Been here a since 2006 and last post was Christmas eve.

Wonder what happened.
I'm not sure how the system works in terms of that status line.

I think if you're put on "vacation" for a while it shows that you aren't a member. Not sure exactly, more of a guess I suppose.

There are a handful of long-time members that show that same status. I wonder if you don't log into the site for a really long time, it throws out that status, again, a guess.

Old 01-27-2023, 02:14 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not sure how the system works in terms of that status line.

I think if you're put on "vacation" for a while it shows that you aren't a member. Not sure exactly, more of a guess I suppose.

There are a handful of long-time members that show that same status. I wonder if you don't log into the site for a really long time, it throws out that status, again, a guess.
Yeah. 90 days, she gave me permission to tell. Some of us can’t go over to the POC without eventually getting a time out. Some of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships