Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2023, 07:30 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times

Advertisements

So…Today Andre had a friend that came over to have Andre weld a hitch to his truck. When I came downstairs they were sitting at the table enjoying a cup of coffee. The friend said hi and then he said that he used a little milk from the baby bottle in the fridge in his coffee, and hoped I didn’t mind. I said, no I don’t mind as long as you don’t mind drinking breast milk in your coffee.
The look on his face was priceless! I wish I’d had my camera!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2023, 07:48 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
So…Today Andre had a friend that came over to have Andre weld a hitch to his truck. When I came downstairs they were sitting at the table enjoying a cup of coffee. The friend said hi and then he said that he used a little milk from the baby bottle in the fridge in his coffee, and hoped I didn’t mind. I said, no I don’t mind as long as you don’t mind drinking breast milk in your coffee.
Well, i'm a breastfed baby, so all is ok...

Old 03-10-2023, 08:36 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Yeah, I've thought about how weird it is that we're fine with consuming the breast-milk of cows or goats or something but from our own species gives us the squick... Kinda silly when you consider it like that. And yet.

That's pretty funny though.

Old 03-10-2023, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah, I've thought about how weird it is that we're fine with consuming the breast-milk of cows or goats or something but from our own species gives us the squick... Kinda silly when you consider it like that. And yet.

That's pretty funny though.
He wasn’t grossed out or anything… just a little surprised. And he did finish his coffee.

Old 03-10-2023, 11:55 AM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
If your friend had intentionally asked if he could have used your breast milk in his coffee would that feel weird?

To me the taboo here isn't about humans vs cows its about intentionally seeking to share someone else's body fluids where you are not emotionally close enough. If you, Andre or your son wants to drink your breast milk no one cares, but if I wanted to drink your breast milk, I think that might feel weird.

Old 03-10-2023, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
If your friend had intentionally asked if he could have used your breast milk in his coffee would that feel weird?

To me the taboo here isn't about humans vs cows its about intentionally seeking to share someone else's body fluids where you are not emotionally close enough. If you, Andre or your son wants to drink your breast milk no one cares, but if I wanted to drink your breast milk, I think that might feel weird.
I am not even going to qualify that with an answer. After reading this I am actually sorry that I posted about it in the first place. I was just trying to add a little levity here. Now this feels weird.

Old 03-10-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I am not even going to qualify that with an answer. After reading this I am actually sorry that I posted about it in the first place. I was just trying to add a little levity here. Now this feels weird.
...I still think it was funny.

I was also still kinda laughing after reading shelato's comment because I was pondering one's emotional attachment to anonymous dairy cows and still...whether that is any better...?

EDIT - Also, whether anybody thinks it's weird or not (and come on, who cares, really), lactation is one of those processes that is just a peculiar and often silly experience. I mean. You have that thing happen in the shower? You know? That makes you understand why it amuses guys to "write their name in the snow?" The first time it happened I laughed so loudly that my husband was worried if I was OK and came to check on me. I was like, "WATCH OUT! I CAN'T CONTROL THESE THINGS!"

I'd speculate though, that sleep deprivation MAY have had a role in my hysterics in that moment. Just maybe. I get a little punchy when I haven't been getting proper sleep...

Old 03-10-2023, 03:44 PM

My dying father in law got a summons for jury duty.

I did the right thing and went online to get him "excused" even though it felt pretty ridiculous given that we're all quite certain he won't even still be alive by the date they want him to appear.

Just.
Of all things.

A possum wouldn't put up with this.
I need a nap.

Old 03-10-2023, 04:39 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
Quote:
Now I feel bad for making you feel uncomfortable here. I feel awful about that. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
My dying father in law got a summons for jury duty.

I did the right thing and went online to get him "excused" even though it felt pretty ridiculous given that we're all quite certain he won't even still be alive by the date they want him to appear. an
Just.
Of all things.

A possum wouldn't put up with this.
I need a nap.
You and your possums.

When it rains it pours. Sometimes it feels you just can't win, I feel for you Sonic. As my uncle would say "Illegitimi non carborundum!" You and your family will get through this Sonic.

I know you aren't a religious person Sonic, but I do think the reason we go through all of this chaos right before someone dies is to prepare us for when death finally does occur. This is all part of the process of letting go. But your husband has an opportunity to say his goodbyes and come to terms with things. I see some value in that. In the future maybe he will too.

Old 03-10-2023, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
Now I feel bad for making you feel uncomfortable here. I feel awful about that. Sorry.
Don’t! I wasn’t offended.. You’re one of the good guys on here ( IMO).
When I read SS’s reply I got to thinking… maybe it’s me and my state of mind right now. A lot going on here as of late. My whole family is here from the States to meet their new grand daughter/niece and introduce us to our new niece and to celebrate my b-day and attend the baptism of Yvette. Plus… Andre and I decided to tie the knot. lol The family knows that we were planning on getting married… just not when. We’re going to surprise them and do it while they’re here visiting. One week from today. Kind of a spaghetti brain right now.
And lastly.. I feel bad that I made you feel bad….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships