Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2018, 05:46 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Can we hire Aztec dancers then?
Nope. A mariachi band.

Or Sammy Hagar.

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My mom is gone, but these aren't.

Wishing the best to all you mothers.

LOL, almost sounded like an insult.
There's nothing better in the world than a good mom (or dad - PC and everything, lol).

Old 05-12-2018, 08:37 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Can we hire Aztec dancers then?
Hire a Flamenco Belly Dancer.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXp3Cm7qQoc

Old 05-12-2018, 08:45 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Happy Mother's Day, Ladies...

Old 05-12-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Hire a Flamenco Belly Dancer.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXp3Cm7qQoc
Aaaaaannndd..... Chow's in love.

That was really pretty, Hawk.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:36 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
That was beautiful Hawk!

Old 05-13-2018, 09:15 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Happy Mother's Day to the CDR mamas! And for those who don't have mothers or who don't have great relationships with their mothers, I hope you have a peaceful day as well.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Random question based on another thread I saw lol:

Is it weird to throw your own birthday party? I saw a couple of posts that seemed to suggest it is strange, self-centered, and even rude. If so, how else are you suppose to celebrate it? If you do.

I was so perplexed and puzzled by this. Where I'm from, you're expected to celebrate it in a big way. Most of the people in my life and people I have met do this. I wonder if it's a culture thing.

What do you guys think?

No! What a weirdo! What I am finding weird is half of my friends, as we have gotten older, basically just go out with their partners and do not do group outings anymore. 😭😭😭

Old 05-14-2018, 05:35 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Not aimed at you but prompted in part by your post, but there in seems to be the rub. I assume you saw something in those frogs which led to you kissing them. And they felt they wanted to kiss you. If a certain amount of frog kissing helps us learn who we are and who we'd be good with, then let the frog kissing commence, right? Frogs being OK people who just aren't right for us but who we benefit in a variety of ways from relating to. Yet some people can't get started, can't seem to begin the process most of us take for granted, myself included, although in my case my good fortune in occasionally attracting women I like seems like a rumor more than a fact, but here I am. But that opportunity to kiss a few frogs isn't there for some people, sometimes for reasons they could change with perhaps moderate effort, and sometimes for pretty intractable reasons. Jesus, that must really suck.

And that's a melancholy offering, but I think loneliness is a pretty dismal office.
I missed that the first time, thanks, it was thought provoking. I see now that my confusion about: is this really such a common "thing", this inability to communicate and thinking the grandest prize is a romantic relationship with a member of the opposite sex? It sounds arrogant now. Like having various amounts of money at different times, and telling a homeless person about how money is not is not the experience they're fantasizing about, its just a "thing". There's a thread in Relationships right now, the guy makes me want to drag him to the girls he works with and is afraid to ask out, I have the urge to ask them for him, or if they like him or not.

Its a gift taken for granted, to be able to talk to people or ask them things and not worry about whether they "like me", the answer has very little importance, or even a part of the rest of my day. I'm the strange one.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:48 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
Got some disappointing news...

My mother's old coworker asked me if I was interested in a job where she works. She told me to apply and if I got the job I would be working directly under her. She made it seem was in charge of the hiring process, and it was if she was basically giving it to me. Unfortunately, we found out today she didn't have as much control over the hiring process as she thought. They had over 135 applications and the HR manager has to grade them. Nine times out of ten most of them are WAY more experienced than me, so it's a long shot. Ugh....I learned my lesson though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships