Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2017, 08:32 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
LMAO!! And men are not immature in their 20's?

When I started dating my husband I made almost double what he made. I was a manger for a large financial institution and he was just starting his career as a Mechanical Engineer. We were both in our twenties. Almost 2 decades later he makes about 5 times more than me, but I also took a step back to focus on family and only work part-time.

What are you talking about?

Go back and read the discussion and you'll realize that the last few pages have been about love and people with PHYSICAL DISABILItieS.

I'm talking about young men with PHYSICAL DISABILITIES and comparing their maturity levels with able bodied women. On average, physically disabled men in their 20s are quite mature....as are physically disabled women in their 20s. Being faced with REAL limitations and REAL adversity has a way to doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 04:10 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,360,672 times
32 male, and never been in a serious, steady relationship. I don't think I have completely given up yet - sometimes I feel like I may be half-way there though, having faced rejections throughout my life.

Quite a painful situation to be in, tbh.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:21 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,652,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
32 male, and never been in a serious, steady relationship. I don't think I have completely given up yet - sometimes I feel like I may be half-way there though, having faced rejections throughout my life.

Quite a painful situation to be in, tbh.
Honestly it is a complete guess at this point. Some people have dated for 1 month and get married and happy as can be while others are together for 7 years, get married and fall apart. Nobody really has the answers. Just protect yourself, that is all.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:10 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,742,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
What are you talking about?

Go back and read the discussion and you'll realize that the last few pages have been about love and people with PHYSICAL DISABILItieS.

I'm talking about young men with PHYSICAL DISABILITIES and comparing their maturity levels with able bodied women. On average, physically disabled men in their 20s are quite mature....as are physically disabled women in their 20s. Being faced with REAL limitations and REAL adversity has a way to doing that.

I was replying to the OP's original post! I'm not going to read 17 pages of a thread, but as far as your comment above, I was stating that not only are females immature in their early 20's, but most men too

Old 12-04-2017, 10:33 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Quitters.
LMAO!!! That cracked me up.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:28 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
I have honestly given up for awhile, not for good. I believe I put myself back out there way too quickly and met a woman who was absolutely awful. It didn't last long but it was taxing and after that I needed to be alone and not worry about dating. It's the best decision I have ever made for myself.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:07 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have honestly given up for awhile, not for good. I believe I put myself back out there way too quickly and met a woman who was absolutely awful. It didn't last long but it was taxing and after that I needed to be alone and not worry about dating. It's the best decision I have ever made for myself.
Well how was she awful? You only posted good things about her

Old 12-04-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Well how was she awful? You only posted good things about her
Well that's before she did a 360 turn on me, the first month was good. It went downhill after that. She went from nice and sweet to angry and aggressive in a 3 week span. She started insulting me and yelled at my dogs. I dumped her immediately life is too short.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:08 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Well that's before she did a 360 turn on me, the first month was good. It went downhill after that. She went from nice and sweet to angry and aggressive in a 3 week span. She started insulting me and yelled at my dogs. I dumped her immediately life is too short.
Good move. Better to handle things sooner than later.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Good move. Better to handle things sooner than later.
She wants to be a nurse but she's verbally abusive and cruel to animals. Traits of a sociopath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships