Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2017, 09:55 PM

290 posts, read 214,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
First off, I think it's completely fine for a women or man to reject a person because of their physical disability. People with physical disabilities have extra needs, both emotionally and physically, and most people won't be equipped with the tools to handle that. Furthermore, it may making doing certain activities that "able bodied" people enjoy doing together an impossibility, such as hiking, long walks on the beach, and so forth. So I'm 100% ok if an able person is going to reject someone with disabilities.

My experiences can all be summed up with me hearing the lady saying that they like me as a friend....or some other excuse. My cerebral palsy means that I certainly have mobility issues. And although I'm able to walk and run, things are more of a burden for me. So many women have no trouble being friends with me, but nothing beyond that. It won't matter if you went to a top-20 university, make a six figure salary, are erudite, are physically fit, regularly volunteer, are an active participant at church, and are well spoken. Trust me, all of those apply to me...but CP is the kiss of death. Of course, as I said earlier, I completely understand why most women don't want to get involved with men with those issues. My suggestion to others such as myself is to just focus on yourself. Get a good education, find a top job at Google, Goldman Sachs, etc, and focus on accumulating wealth. At a later time (say mid 30s), you can then focus on trying to find TRUE love.
lmao...is that really the advice you're giving ?

focusing on increasing wealth...then maybe trying to find love in your late 30's to 40's?

at that point...you should just not bother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 05:54 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post

focusing on increasing wealth...then maybe trying to find love in your late 30's to 40's?

Yes, accomplish as much as you can now in terms of finances and intellectual growth.

By one's mid 30s, women will generally have matured and will realize that you possess many of the important characteristics that they're looking for....namely stability and a good head.

Young women are more likely to be immature and focused on epicurean pursuits. You should
try to date in your 20s, but the primary goal should just be to gain experience given that women at
this age range are immature and less capable of handling someone with a serious physical disability.

I'm 32 and now that I've attained success (both financially and intellectually), I'll be starting my
journey to find love in the next year.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:25 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:

Better to have all your ducks in a row.

Then again, even after that, probably a good idea to explore your life and freedom while you can.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:33 AM

212 posts, read 159,458 times
Quote:

I agree, at this point the only reason women would be with you is because of your money. That's just fake to me.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:38 AM

747 posts, read 443,057 times
Quote:
Yes, accomplish as much as you can now in terms of finances and intellectual growth.

By one's mid 30s, women will generally have matured and will realize that you possess many of the important characteristics that they're looking for....namely stability and a good head.

Young women are more likely to be immature and focused on epicurean pursuits. You should
try to date in your 20s, but the primary goal should just be to gain experience given that women at
this age range are immature and less capable of handling someone with a serious physical disability.

I'm 32 and now that I've attained success (both financially and intellectually), I'll be starting my
Sorry friend. I have news for you. The world doesn't work that way. I'm 47 (almost 48) and women my age STILL ignore me. It doesn't matter what you have. If you're disabled, you're alone forever. THAT's how the world works.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:47 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Quote:
First off, I think it's completely fine for a women or man to reject a person because of their physical disability. People with physical disabilities have extra needs, both emotionally and physically, and most people won't be equipped with the tools to handle that. Furthermore, it may making doing certain activities that "able bodied" people enjoy doing together an impossibility, such as hiking, long walks on the beach, and so forth. So I'm 100% ok if an able person is going to reject someone with disabilities.

My experiences can all be summed up with me hearing the lady saying that they like me as a friend....or some other excuse. My cerebral palsy means that I certainly have mobility issues. And although I'm able to walk and run, things are more of a burden for me. So many women have no trouble being friends with me, but nothing beyond that. It won't matter if you went to a top-20 university, make a six figure salary, are erudite, are physically fit, regularly volunteer, are an active participant at church, and are well spoken. Trust me, all of those apply to me...but CP is the kiss of death. Of course, as I said earlier, I completely understand why most women don't want to get involved with men with those issues. My suggestion to others such as myself is to just focus on yourself. Get a good education, find a top job at Google, Goldman Sachs, etc, and focus on accumulating wealth. At a later time (say mid 30s), you can then focus on trying to find TRUE love.
I'll also point out that many disabled people don't want to date other disabled people for the reasons you listed. My ex-roommate has a laundry list of physical disabilities associated with a genetic disorder. She prefers to date able-bodied people because when she's dated men with disabilities, they often couldn't help her when she got stuck with things. Her life is exhausting - having to accommodate someone who also has disabilities makes things a lot harder for her. She lives an amazingly active life that she's built to accommodate her physical handicaps - having to take into account someone else's physical limitations would definitely complicate things.

Same goes for my buddy with MS.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:50 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
I am officially single again... And I will most likely keep it that way. I've met one woman who was actually worth the risk and she's dead. Plus whenever I approached the women looked at me like I was Elliot Rodger so I am content if I never date again. It isn't worth it.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:30 PM

104 posts, read 96,760 times
Quote:

This is good advice.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:10 PM

212 posts, read 159,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senmurv View Post
This is good advice.
How so?

Old 12-01-2017, 01:20 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,878,931 times
Quote:
Are you freaking kidding me?! You're basically telling the poor guy that he's not good enough for young women, only for women over 30, who got partying out of their system already. And even then, they will want him for the "stability" he provides, not for who he is. Like fun, or attractive, or intriguing. Is that the message you want to send?

That advice sound like it came straight out of... you know. I thought the City-Data crowd was against that stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships