Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 02:13 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,108,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Love finds you, you don't find it.
Off to witness protection for me then. You buggers'll never take me alive .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLopmkfh35k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 04:46 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Steven Hawking managed to find love and marry.

While I do agree that disabilities bring challenges in the dating world, I don't see it much different than those that hide behind their lack of attractiveness (and the like). The end result is the same.

I personally couldn't ever give up on love... even though I don't pursue relationships. Sure, sometimes you get hurt but I would feel dead inside without experiencing love (and heartbreak).

Old 12-01-2017, 04:54 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,742,113 times
I was at a point in my life where I gave up. I was done dating jerk after jerk. I had my own house and a great career so I decided to focus on that. Soon after I ran into an old "fling". He asked me out and I almost said no. I said yes to the date and even up to an hour before the date I thought about canceling. Well, good thing I didn't because 20 months later we were married. 16 years and 2 kids later we're still going strong.

My point is, don't be so focused on finding the right person. Live your life, date and have fun. Had I canceled that date or said no I wouldn't have the family I have today.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Yes, accomplish as much as you can now in terms of finances and intellectual growth.

By one's mid 30s, women will generally have matured and will realize that you possess many of the important characteristics that they're looking for....namely stability and a good head.

Young women are more likely to be immature and focused on epicurean pursuits. You should
try to date in your 20s, but the primary goal should just be to gain experience given that women at
this age range are immature and less capable of handling someone with a serious physical disability.

I'm 32 and now that I've attained success (both financially and intellectually), I'll be starting my
journey to find love in the next year.

LMAO!! And men are not immature in their 20's?

When I started dating my husband I made almost double what he made. I was a manger for a large financial institution and he was just starting his career as a Mechanical Engineer. We were both in our twenties. Almost 2 decades later he makes about 5 times more than me, but I also took a step back to focus on family and only work part-time.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:27 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,828,296 times
I am on the verge of giving up..

The talk about you have let love find you .. you can’t find love .. I do agree , but staying at home and being behind the computer screen .. the special someone isn’t going to appear out of the blue like a miracle ..

So which is which ? Lol

Old 12-01-2017, 05:48 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quitters.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I am on the verge of giving up..

The talk about you have let love find you .. you can’t find love .. I do agree , but staying at home and being behind the computer screen .. the special someone isn’t going to appear out of the blue like a miracle ..

So which is which ? Lol

You're right, no one is going to come knocking on your door step! You need to get out there! Go out with friends, join a club or sport, start a hobby. Go on a singles cruise, something! The more people you can meet the better. Sitting inside does nothing!

True story....

I was 17 and went to Kmart to visit my friend who worked in the garden department. He was working with another guy who ended up asking my friend for my phone number. We went on a few dates and parted ways as I went away to college. Fast forward 8 years and I was out with a group of my friends when who comes walking in, the Kmart guy. He came up to our table and said hello. A few hours later he asked for my phone number. I gave it to him, but I was at the point in my life where I was done with dating and just fed up. A few days later he called and I went out with him anyway. The rest is history, as I said in a previous post we've been married 16 years and have two kids. Had you asked me at 17 if I thought that is who I was going to marry, I would have laughed! It's funny how life works. Sometimes you have to take a chance and look outside the box.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:15 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,108,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Steven Hawking managed to find love and marry.
He also did a lot more worthwhile and useful things .

Old 12-01-2017, 10:35 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
He also did a lot more worthwhile and useful things .
Yup... Which goes back to working with what you do have.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:48 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,828,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
You're right, no one is going to come knocking on your door step! You need to get out there! Go out with friends, join a club or sport, start a hobby. Go on a singles cruise, something! The more people you can meet the better. Sitting inside does nothing!

True story....

I was 17 and went to Kmart to visit my friend who worked in the garden department. He was working with another guy who ended up asking my friend for my phone number. We went on a few dates and parted ways as I went away to college. Fast forward 8 years and I was out with a group of my friends when who comes walking in, the Kmart guy. He came up to our table and said hello. A few hours later he asked for my phone number. I gave it to him, but I was at the point in my life where I was done with dating and just fed up. A few days later he called and I went out with him anyway. The rest is history, as I said in a previous post we've been married 16 years and have two kids. Had you asked me at 17 if I thought that is who I was going to marry, I would have laughed! It's funny how life works. Sometimes you have to take a chance and look outside the box.
Well bumping around also doesn't help much.. Must be strategic. But I am also trying to figure out how to put myself out there strategically
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships