Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 07:57 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,016,357 times

Advertisements

There's always going to be someone (including all of us in these forums) warning you about this, about that -- whatever.

So someone warned you that a "man cave" (as they've been labeled) is allegedly kryptonite for a woman.

So here's the real question: What do YOU want?

If the rest of your home is a HOME (a kitchen that's comfortable and behaves as a kitchen should, is clean, and functional, and so on) and you've got this hobby/pursuit relegated to one space so it's not spilling over into every nook and cranny (parts and wires constantly strewn across your table and living room) --

Seriously who TF cares? It's YOUR home, YOUR life. If you begin to share that life with a woman you STILL have a vested interest in the relationship, an equal share.

If you have a room for hobbies and "stuff" and a woman can't abide it, that means she probably can't abide your hobbies, and therefore can't abide you. It's all subtle at first when we're starting out and being nicer, but as comfort grows so does the comfort to speak out against our dislikes.

It's fine if she doesn't want it all over the house, but the idea you can't have a room for your stuff?

That is a huge dating NOPE, swipe left, next!

Someone liking and accepting you doesn't just mean they like the best foot forward. They like less but accept the other foot, or you're not traveling anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 08:29 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,120,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I guess it depends on how much time and money 'the man' spends playing games.

Then again, it could depend on how much anyone else wants 'the man' around, lol.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as you aren't ignoring reality to keep yourself immersed in a world of fantasy and pixels.

I think it could be a big turn off to women to see all your decorative energy poured into your game room while the rest of your home is rather sterile and devoid of personality in comparison.
I love gaming, and making vids but if my girl came to me with "come hither" eyes, that game is getting paused lol.

I've never understood guys who would rather game than do the mattress mambo with the Mrs. its really easy to steal my attention from a game lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You might reconsider if you saw all the "animated" women & scenarios he creates on the regular...

Exhibit 9435 is on the screen in the pic.

OP- Women kryptonite is not just the room. All the "scenes/situations" with fake, computer generated woman will do it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Man caves in general are not a turnoff.

A woman who gets to the point of coming to your house will probably have a good idea at that point what you're interested in.

But when she gets there, please don't have that image of the naked woman splayed on the monitor like an insect pinned down in a collection. THAT is a turnoff:
When creating characters they are naked before I ad clothes, even the male ones. but my vid's don't consist of naked people.

Mod cut: Lind to YouTube channel.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-22-2018 at 01:37 PM..

Old 01-22-2018, 08:32 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post

When creating characters they are naked before I ad clothes, even the male ones. but my vid's don't consist of naked people.
I get that. All I'm saying is maybe don't have THAT image up when a new woman walks in the room.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:38 AM

777 posts, read 453,033 times
My SO has a room dedicated to his hobbies, and I don't mind a bit. It's his home, his space, and I am not out to change him. I have a room in my home filled with random memorabilia (think TGIFriday's décor and you get the drift). He's cool with it. Good thing, because I really love that little haven, even though I don't really use the room much.

Down the road, it could be interesting if we try to cohabitate - I see a storage unit in our future if he moved into my place, but it would be shared with both of our stuff, as I would work hard to allow him space of his own somehow. Ideally we could pool funds to get a place larger than mine, but I think it would be prudent to make sure we can cohabitate peacefully before buying a bigger place together.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:45 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,120,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
My SO has a room dedicated to his hobbies, and I don't mind a bit. It's his home, his space, and I am not out to change him. I have a room in my home filled with random memorabilia (think TGIFriday's décor and you get the drift). He's cool with it. Good thing, because I really love that little haven, even though I don't really use the room much.

Down the road, it could be interesting if we try to cohabitate - I see a storage unit in our future if he moved into my place, but it would be shared with both of our stuff, as I would work hard to allow him space of his own somehow. Ideally we could pool funds to get a place larger than mine, but I think it would be prudent to make sure we can cohabitate peacefully before buying a bigger place together.
How many bedrooms? because if its 3 (the average in usa) you can have your bedroom together you have a sheshed and he have his mancave.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:56 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I guess it depends on how much time and money 'the man' spends playing games.

Then again, it could depend on how much anyone else wants 'the man' around, lol.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as you aren't ignoring reality to keep yourself immersed in a world of fantasy and pixels.

I think it could be a big turn off to women to see all your decorative energy poured into your game room while the rest of your home is rather sterile and devoid of personality in comparison.
And then there she is, spending all her free time looking at pictures of kittens on Instagram, judging a guy for playing video games.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:19 AM

777 posts, read 453,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
How many bedrooms? because if its 3 (the average in usa) you can have your bedroom together you have a sheshed and he have his mancave.
We both have 3 bedroom places. My other bedroom is a guest room - with family out of town, it's nice to have. I live out in the boonies with the closest decent hotel about half an hour away. So if we were to buy a new place together, I'd be looking for a 4 bedroom or some other extra room.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:17 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
OP, do you often tend to take other people's sartorial opinions as a criticism or a directive to comply?

Old 01-22-2018, 11:18 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
And then there she is, spending all her free time looking at pictures of kittens on Instagram, judging a guy for playing video games.
This is the same woman?

Old 01-22-2018, 11:21 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
Gamer (somewhat retired) girl here. I don't care.

My husband has a 13 x 20 room that's totally his space to do as he wishes. It is also a family room that everyone enjoys but it's his space as was agreed when we purchased the house AS for me, I have all the other rooms in the house to decorate so in a way, one room is no big deal :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships