Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 07:22 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,120,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
If it's a recurring theme then you're likely being needy, clingy, or smothering....maybe you should find more things to take up your time that add value. Start working out, yoga, mountain bike, learn a new craft such as woodworking, cooking, etc.
I go cycling every other night to stay fit, still have more time for a relationship than most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_pNMvm4AE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 08:35 AM

35,089 posts, read 31,339,345 times
If it's my house that I own with my money, I really don't care what she thinks as long as I may not being completely filthy, etc.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:46 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
There's be no need for a "man cave." It would be our "cave" as we share the same leisure activities and interests. We brainstorm ideas for a media/entertainment room quite often. Projector, theater seats, gaming area, lounge sacs, sci-fi and fantasy Knicknacks, stereo system, a place for his guitars, etc.

We already have that vibe in the living room with LED light strips, mounted guitars, gaming units, and we have to remount our lightsabers above the TV.

Perhaps find someone with complimentary tastes, styles and interests.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:49 AM

1,199 posts, read 731,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
There's be no need for a "man cave." It would be our "cave" as we share the same leisure activities and interests. We brainstorm ideas for a media/entertainment room quite often. Projector, theater seats, gaming area, lounge sacs, sci-fi and fantasy Knicknacks, stereo system, a place for his guitars, etc.

We already have that vibe in the living room with LED light strips, mounted guitars, gaming units, and we have to remount our lightsabers above the TV.

Some people do enjoy their "own" space in shared living quarters. And the op was, I think, referring to a bachelor pad with a designated room.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:49 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:

Honestly, I think the OP's bigger challenge is not to find someone who has similar interests and who doesn't mind him having a room of his own, it's finding someone who is okay with being his entire social life, and vice versa. It's one thing to be a bit of a homebody and to want your own space, but expecting a girlfriend to not have a life of her own outside of you (and feeling that you have no life without an SO) is going to be an issue.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 01-23-2018 at 09:14 AM..

Old 01-23-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Honestly, I think the OP's bigger challenge is not to find someone who has similar interests, it's finding someone who is okay with being his entire social life, and vice versa. It's one thing to be a bit of a homebody and to want your own space, but expecting a girlfriend to not have a life of her own outside of you is going to be an issue.
I was confused by his spending time with each other comment. Like don't you have people to hang out with?

Old 01-23-2018, 08:53 AM

983 posts, read 2,775,131 times
I am not at all against man caves. The way I see it, it is nice for a man to have a place for all of his ugly crap, so that the rest of the house can be decorated nicely

It's also great for people to have a space of their own. This includes women.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:31 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
I was confused by his spending time with each other comment. Like don't you have people to hang out with?
Only if you count all of the ones he has created on screens.

I've been trying, every time I get into a cyphorx thread, to figure out what it is that is offputting. It's definitely something, but it's not merely this or only that. It's...kind of the whole deal. I can imagine forgiving a guy for having a house in a sketchy area, especially when I was younger and less established myself. I can forgive a man for having his own minimalist style. I am not completely put off by a guy liking video games or wanting a man cave or whatever. And I am pretty comfortable with introverts, though a man who demands that I become an introvert to suit his needs would never fly. But there's just something about the whole package, that says "this guy would seriously be a lot happier with a robot than a human woman." I think the memes with the SIM-people is what keeps reinforcing that. The impression that, here is a man, who is far more at home in a fantasy, than in the real world with real people. It disturbs me.

I can only hope maybe there's a woman out there who feels exactly the same and maybe they find each other. I don't know her. If anyone ever meets a woman (probably online) who seems like a good fit, you should really send her his way, because I just don't think there are many such individuals and they'll need all the help they can get to find one another.

I'll take the pledge. If I ever meet she-phorx, I will totally make sure to put the two of you in contact, man. I promise.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Only if you count all of the ones he has created on screens.

I've been trying, every time I get into a cyphorx thread, to figure out what it is that is offputting. It's definitely something, but it's not merely this or only that. It's...kind of the whole deal. I can imagine forgiving a guy for having a house in a sketchy area, especially when I was younger and less established myself. I can forgive a man for having his own minimalist style. I am not completely put off by a guy liking video games or wanting a man cave or whatever. And I am pretty comfortable with introverts, though a man who demands that I become an introvert to suit his needs would never fly. But there's just something about the whole package, that says "this guy would seriously be a lot happier with a robot than a human woman." I think the memes with the SIM-people is what keeps reinforcing that. The impression that, here is a man, who is far more at home in a fantasy, than in the real world with real people. It disturbs me.

I can only hope maybe there's a woman out there who feels exactly the same and maybe they find each other. I don't know her. If anyone ever meets a woman (probably online) who seems like a good fit, you should really send her his way, because I just don't think there are many such individuals and they'll need all the help they can get to find one another.

I'll take the pledge. If I ever meet she-phorx, I will totally make sure to put the two of you in contact, man. I promise.
The whole posting a video he made with every comment weirds me out a bit and I don't know why.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:21 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,016,357 times
Quote:

*le sigh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships