Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 10:06 PM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 392,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP, how do you explain all the success of the millions of men in your situation who manage to form the sort of relationship you want? When all womens plays the games?
Well, I don't believe that millions of men have what I want in terms of a relationship. For starters, I'm not exactly sure what I want anymore. I use to think I wanted a relationship and now I don't know that it's worth the investment, not based on what I've seen so far. The point of the thread was that I agree with what the author wrote in the article and was hoping to get other's thoughts on what she wrote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 10:43 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,131,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
Depends on what you mean by success. If success is getting laid, then sure, guys are having lots of success.
Yes, but that's a problem for men like me who are tired of dating and just want a LTR. People like me want to date longer to get to know our partner better before getting closer in our relationship (like sex).

Old 08-04-2018, 11:43 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
People are horny. Not news.

It was the same in the 80s and 90s.

The author is too young to generalize this very much, or see outside a narrow range, and young people are churning with an even higher level of certain hormones (testosterone hasn't started to fall yet in men, for example) so yeah. Hookups. If you let it be that. Or not, if you put the brakes on.

Exactly like 10 years ago...20...30...that's as far as I go so that's all I'll speak for.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:03 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Don't take my word for it. Read the article I posted if you don't believe me. We know there's at least one more person out there that thinks the modern dating scene needs some change. I'd imagine she's not the only woman who feels that way.
I read the article. I was one of the first to reply, remember?

My comment was in response to more rapey talk from you. The old, “They’re playing games even though they don’t know they are...” entitled mess again.

Did your therapist not pick up on that?? That’s as big a problem as the dishonesty the writer talks about.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:20 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,729,269 times
Quote:
https://thoughtcatalog.com/melissa-m...in-the-throat/

"We live in a world where people are afraid to feel anything genuine, or at the very least, are afraid to show it. When someone is angry with you, there’s no phone call asking to talk about it. Instead you get a passive aggressive response to a text message or a suspiciously relevant subtweet, quietly calling you out in 140 characters or less. If you like someone, you don’t tell them how you feel; rather you act interested enough for them to pick up on it, but not enough to freak them out. Don’t like it? Too bad. It’s all a big game and if you don’t play by the rules then you lose, and if you lose you end up alone and drowning in a pile of your own insecurity, wondering what you did wrong."

Thoughts?
Apropos: https://thoughtcatalog.com/erin-coss...=erin-cossetta

It only took one night.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:52 AM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 392,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Yes, but that's a problem for men like me who are tired of dating and just want a LTR. People like me want to date longer to get to know our partner better before getting closer in our relationship (like sex).
I think the author in the OP article feels the same way, as do I. It’s a genuine connection I’m looking for, something to build upon. I most certainly don’t view sex as my ultimate goal and I don’t think most do. Sex with someone you don’t love is just glorified masturbation. I have more connection with my right hand than the last 2 women I had sex with, whom I met onine. I’ll say I’m glad though when I read articles like this as it means the younger generation is seeing the problem and wants to fix it.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:13 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,515,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
My comment was in response to more rapey talk from you. The old, “They’re playing games even though they don’t know they are...” entitled mess again.
like the clueless losers that send multiple messages, with no response...but I guess it works because that's the only way they can get any attention from women, is to harass them until they finally respond, just to tell them to F* off, and/or block them...(and then they just make up another profile (because they've been blocked so many times), and then do it again.) ugh.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:24 AM

587 posts, read 305,110 times
There's nothing wrong with being an old spinster,

Lots of women accept their lot and take to luv'n little dogs..

I see you everyday walking along the side of the road..

Old 08-05-2018, 07:43 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
Quote:
I think the author in the OP article feels the same way, as do I.

It’s a genuine connection I’m looking for, something to build upon.
----------------------------

I most certainly don’t view sex as my ultimate goal and I don’t think most do.

????

Sex with someone you don’t love is just glorified masturbation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
..... the last 2 women I had sex with, whom I met online.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Looking for a genuine connection"
but behaving like all the people you are chastising???
Having sex with just anyone who comes along???

Old 08-05-2018, 08:07 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Ok, now if this author had brought up this subject as a representation of "modern dating" then I guess my experiences DO coincide. Thanks for proving the fact that everyone's different, LH. It's so sexist to still believe that it's the the woman who always wants more. When she doesn't, the guys always left puzzled by his "feelings".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships