Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2020, 03:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
What's really sick is he was cheating on the GF with Belle before, and now has them both (and God knows who else?) so who is being cheated on, Belle or the GF...God what a sordid mess! He sounds like a total dirtbag for real.
And for all we know, he *married* both.

Old 01-06-2020, 03:14 PM

10,503 posts, read 7,045,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
I got married about a month ago and I havent met my in laws yet because they live in another city. I think it’s weird that I havent met any of my husbands family but he does talk about them. When we got married we did the courthouse thing and plan to have an actual wedding once things slow down with him at work. So since there has not been a wedding I have not met any of his family yet. He has met my sister but I don’t have much family to introduce him to anymore.

Over the holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving I expected us to go visit his family but he went alone both times. I asked him why we couldn’t go together and both times he told me he wanted to tell them in person he got married and not just over the phone and he wanted to be alone when he told them. So I stayed behind both times. But now I’m starting to wedding plan and when I ask when I can meet them he says soon but then changes the subject.

That seems weird right? Its not just me? I know they exist because I’ve seen pictures and stuff so I don’t know what it could be.

Not very wise of you.

You marry someone, you marry their family in ways large and small. Plus, in this case, the guy isn't willing to take you to meet them?

Have fun with the coming dysfunction in your life.

Old 01-06-2020, 04:02 PM

17,759 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Given where she's come from in life and where she is now, there's an enormous potential up side if she can make this relationship work. Hypergamy is a wonderful thing if it works. I think she should give it her best shot for the next several months.
Geoff, I realize you think very highly of this guy because he's supposedly a wealthy white collar professional who travels internationally for business...but, the fact is, he doesn't treat her well.

Belle has come a long way. She has a job, an apartment, and she's going to school. If she can stay focused on finishing school, she will be just fine.

Keeping that focus isn't so easy, though, when you're anxious to start a family.

Old 01-06-2020, 04:08 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,168,309 times
Belle, he's a liar and a cheater. You know that now. Please do NOT continue a relationship with him.

Old 01-06-2020, 04:11 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Geoff, I realize you think very highly of this guy because he's supposedly a wealthy white collar professional who travels internationally for business...but, the fact is, he doesn't treat her well.

Belle has come a long way. She has a job, an apartment, and she's going to school. If she can stay focused on finishing school, she will be just fine.

Keeping that focus isn't so easy, though, when you're anxious to start a family.
This guy is not wealthy nor a professional. He’s a dirt bag.

Has Belle confirmed that she’s still in school? I know someone asked but she never answered. I think she mentioned in another thread that she took a break from school.... I think it was the thread about “Not My Job”.

Old 01-06-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
This guy is not wealthy nor a professional. He’s a dirt bag.
I know. That's why I said supposedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Has Belle confirmed that she’s still in school?
Yep. She's still in school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
Sorry for not posting everything has been crazy.

I can’t go into a lot of detail which I know may be annoying or frustrating but basically old behavior that was a problem last time around is not over and it’s still going on and worse than I thought. I still don’t know all the details (I don’t think I have anyway) and a lot of it is just gross. Basically I’ll say he’s keeping his ex around and has been apparently. Now he did tell me this. If someone really wants to know I’ll tell you in private message but it’s a crazy story and I’d rather not have people make fun of me or bring it up constantly or accuse me of lying or being a troll. Basically it’s not a good situation. But I don’t want it all out there either.

We are still together but I don’t really know what’s going to happen.

Thank you to everyone for the advice. I’m sorry if I didn’t answer everything but I try to read what I can and answer when I can, I work and go to school.

Old 01-06-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Belle, he's a liar and a cheater
...and very likely also a pervert.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:13 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I know. That's why I said supposedly.

Yep. She's still in school.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:36 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
This story still isn't making any sense.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
This story still isn't making any sense.
It makes perfect sense. When you're hidden away and the guy is hardly ever with you, you're the other woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships