Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2020, 10:40 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times

Advertisements

First of all, as someone mentioned that she should use his money to go to a lawyer - I don't think he has given her access to his money.
But she still can go to a lawyer to get a FREE consultation and advice. Lawyers do pro bono hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I still strongly suspect that it was wasn't a real wedding ceremony, or no one filed the paperwork with the Register of Deeds or he lied on the paperwork which made it invalid (like he was already married) or something else fishy. So, he was just pretending to marry her to keep her "on the hook" to him and available for sex.

That is why I really think that Belle should go to the courthouse and check to make sure if the marriage is official and legal or not legal.

Or if he really did marry Belle, it suspect that it was for a nefarious reason.
I am not sure how someone can go to a City Hall for a wedding, take along three witnesses and don't get married. But maybe you're right - maybe they just completed the application for a marriage license. The actual wedding ceremony that should happen after that - never happened.

Not sure if OP is aware of the fact that she couldn't just show up at a courthouse and get married that day. One needs to apply for a marriage license in advance. It typically takes a few days before the license is issued. Only once you have your marriage license, you are ready to start planning the court ceremony. It could, again, take few days to get them set up the date, except their courthouse was performing walk-in ceremonies.
However, the order of things is still the same: first, apply for a marriage license, wait for it to arrive, then get married.

So, there is a good chance that what OP took for a marriage ceremony was merely just a process of registration for a marriage license. There is a difference between marriage license and marriage certificate. OP should google it to see the pictures.
https://blog.vitalchek.com/vital-rec...e-certificate/

So yes - for peace of mind she needs to find out is she is actually married.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty99 View Post
It's much more than a naive girl being taken for granted. To me it seems like some sort of arrangement that she isn't keen on sharing.
Possibly there are things that she is not keen to share. They must be much worse than those she already shared with us.
A naive girl that has no family and support could be used and lied to in many ways.
She could be signing some unfavorable, coercive prenuptial agreements that she has no clue about. Obviously she is not enjoying any privileges of a married woman like access to a joint banking account, social benefits, insurance and IRA, or life with her newlywed, loving and caring husband.

https://www.theknot.com/content/benefits-of-marriage

Last edited by elnina; 01-06-2020 at 10:52 PM..

Old 01-06-2020, 10:55 PM

17,760 posts, read 9,215,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not sure if OP is aware of the fact that she couldn't just show up at a courthouse and get married that day. One needs to apply for a marriage license in advance. It typically takes a few days before the license is issued.

"How To Get A Marriage License In North Carolina

If you're headed down the aisle in North Carolina, you'll need a marriage license. You can get one by filing an application with a County Register of Deeds Office.

You'll both need to appear at the clerk's office, fill out an application, sign it, and pay a license fee, usually $60. You can get your marriage license immediately (there isn't a waiting period)."

Source: https://statelaws.findlaw.com/north-...uirements.html

Old 01-06-2020, 11:14 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
"How To Get A Marriage License In North Carolina

If you're headed down the aisle in North Carolina, you'll need a marriage license. You can get one by filing an application with a County Register of Deeds Office.

You'll both need to appear at the clerk's office, fill out an application, sign it, and pay a license fee, usually $60. You can get your marriage license immediately (there isn't a waiting period)."

Source: https://statelaws.findlaw.com/north-...uirements.html
Oh, OK. I didn't know that.
Is the Marriage Certificate issued on the same day also?

Question for OP:
how many times you actually saw your husband after you got married? (in the last 30 days or so)

Old 01-06-2020, 11:40 PM

17,760 posts, read 9,215,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Is the Marriage Certificate issued on the same day also?
I don't know, but Belle said she saw the certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
I don’t have a copy but he does and Ive seen it. It’s with other paperwork at his place. Thought it be better for him to hold onto it

Old 01-07-2020, 04:38 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,881,229 times
You guys speculating about the reasons he married her must not be aware of the icky fact that pedos and perverts exist.

If he is one or both, Belle is a great find:
young
acts even younger
poor and desperate
ZERO FAM TIES or folks of any kind to help/advise/worry/aid her/give her money to get away
malleable
willing to go along with sex acts she may not like, just to please you
easy to trick into believing well...anything but super easy to trick into thinking you LOVE her
low cost compared to sugar baby/more sophisticated gals who would want fancy stuff

To a hardcore perv, what better mate could you find? If I were that kinda perv and wanted a gal I could control easy as pie, I'd pick Belle.

My fear is he wishes to have her produce a kid so he has an all-access toy.

Perversion of some kind has to be at the root of this. Has to be. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:55 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post

Perversion of some kind has to be at the root of this. Has to be. It's the only thing that makes sense.
Yep.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:57 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
You guys speculating about the reasons he married her must not be aware of the icky fact that pedos and perverts exist.

young
acts even younger
poor and desperate
ZERO FAM TIES or folks of any kind to help/advise/worry/aid her/give her money to get away
malleable
easy to trick into believing well...anything but super easy to trick into thinking you LOVE her
low cost compared to sugar baby/more sophisticated gals who would want fancy stuff

To a hardcore perv, what better mate could you find? If I were that kinda perv and wanted a gal I could control easy as pie, I'd pick Belle.

That's freaking DARK.

Makes sense though, but DARK.

I hope you're not right and its something less nefarious. But damn. Yeah.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:57 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,033,682 times
Quote:

young
acts even younger
poor and desperate
malleable

This makes me want to vomit because you very well might be right.

This kid has no one in her life who really deeply cares about her. She has friends, but I’m sure she’s lied to them about this guy and she sure as hell isn't going to share this story with her Pastor (who’s wife has issues with Belle) or fellow church members.

She’s naive enough to be used as a scapegoat and not have a damn clue it’s being done

Old 01-07-2020, 05:58 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,881,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's freaking DARK.

Makes sense though, but DARK.

I hope you're not right and its something less nefarious. But damn. Yeah.
I struggle to come up with a scenario that better explains it, sadly.

From her earliest posts about him, it felt like that was his gig.

I recall a post about their first "date", stating he let her talk for ages and just listened...

I vibed even then that he was sizing her up. It didn't vibe like a guy who was doing that because he's a "great listener" (roll eyes).

He must've been salivating at her sheer vulnerability and utter naivete.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
I struggle to come up with a scenario that better explains it, sadly.

I can't either. I mean, if he was gay and in the closet, he would have wanted to introduce her to family.

Marrying just for tax advantages doesn't make sense to me, they'd be minimal at that income with high risk (as money earned going forward would be joint).

Yours, sadly, does make sense. It connects the dots. Makes even more sense if they aren't really married but she was made to think she was, that would be part of the con. But there are twisted people out there, and I do try to give the benefit of the doubt more often than not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships