Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 10:40 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,550,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
This is a problem, as you know.

Yes, it is.

Why is there a "his bed"? Do you two sleep in separate rooms?

Have you two had sex since your daughter was born?
Yes we’ve had sex since she’s been born. But we do basically sleep in separate beds. He sleeps with our son. I sleep with our daughter. We’re not happy about it.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:46 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Your kids really do rule the home, don't they? What kind of adults do you imagine they'll become?

Old 08-06-2020, 10:46 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Yes we’ve had sex since she’s been born. But we do basically sleep in separate beds. He sleeps with our son. I sleep with our daughter. We’re not happy about it.
I could type out a bunch of stuff here, but that's a separate thing.

You can Google tons of suggestions for getting kids to sleep in their own beds. It will be a game changer for you.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:51 AM

I do think that the 4 of us being in the same house is taking it’s toll. I love them to pieces but it’s a long day. My son wakes up at 630/7, is very active and both require a lot of entertainment. We are also trying to work from home. After the kids go to bed we both have basically admitted that we like our alone time. He often watches tv in room and me In another. Occasionally we’re in the same room. We have had a few date nights this summer thanks to my parents. But our kids take a lot out of during the day.

I don’t know that families were necessarily built for this kind of set up. Who the heck ever thought they’d be doing remote learning with a 4 and 6 yr old and trying to work from home under one roof. I do think absence can make the heart grow fonder and right now there is no absence at all.

There are some things I can change I know. The breastfeeding has become worse I think with daughter and I being around each other all day.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:53 AM

Default Ee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Your kids really do rule the home, don't they? What kind of adults do you imagine they'll become?
Do you have anything nice to say ? You’re completely rude in anything I post. Why bother reading what I write and then comment?

I think they will end up being caring adults. They already are great kids, my son has an amazing personality and loves people. My daughter is more on the shy side. To be honest extended breastfeeding isn’t that unheard of. But I’m ready to be done.

And no they don’t rule the house.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:55 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
We honestly don’t keep bad food in the house. No chips or cakes or anything like that. My weakness seems to be just eating more food and not exercising. Occasionally I over indulge at night in things like cheese crackers and nuts. I think the alcohol has been a big factor. I’ll often have some titos mixed with lemonade in the evening and that’s when the snacking kicks in. I’ve decided the booze has got to go.

And yes I do need to stop the breastfeeding. I don’t know why my daughter still wants to do it. Anytime I’m alone with her she wants to sit on my lap and nurse. She thinks it’s funny. She’ll be like mommy, I want boobie! I never expected to be doing this as long as I have. My husband is disgusted that it’s still happening. He has had her sleep in his bed to prevent it from happening. My son is 6 and still needs daddy to lay down with him at night too. Our sleeping situation is pretty messed up I guess.
I see a red flag here. Do you plan to give in to your kids' demands for the rest of their lives? You're training them to expect that. The longer you put up with it, the bigger will be the tantrums, when you finally put your foot down.

This sounds like a complete family train wreck in the making. Though, having read your post to zentropa after typing this out, I'm doing a little editing. Is the problem mainly about bedtime and sleeping arrangements, and the breast-feeding? Are they cooperative the rest of the time?

In any case, I suggest you and your husband sign up for parenting classes, even if only to address the sleep issue, because it's a key issue that's affecting your marriage. And the breast-feeding. (Have you ever tried saying "no"?) I knew a woman who had two daughters, one a pre-teen and one--a teen, who were uncooperative. She took parenting classes, and even at that late stage, she was able to turn everything around. She recommended the classes highly. Apparently, there's an m.o. about how to put your foot down and keep it down, while maintaining the kids' respect. You could probably get some tips about handling bedtime, and also the breast-feeding.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:58 AM

I’ve thought about taking an online parenting course. I should just do it. I do have a hard time saying no to my kids. There are things we do say no too of course. But the sleeping thing has been so hard especially when they want to sleep with us. I can’t stand to hear them cry when I can easily fix it. Of course I don’t want them thinking they can get whatever they want from us in life but I don’t think they think that. They were very well behaved at school when they were there.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:02 AM

130,395 posts, read 12,118,417 times
Quote:
Oh and to add to all this it sounds like his idiot brother has coronavirus. Definitely made the right move in not seeing him at all lately. I hate his family.
If you are rude to his family & tell him so, it is no surprise that he retaliates by insulting you. Insults normally generate more insults.

I find it ridiculous that you are breastfeeding a 4 year old. What is even more ridiculous, is that you expect her to stop it by herself. You are the parent, start acting like one, & wean her.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:02 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,332,370 times
Well, the only comment I can make is that your son wakes up at 6:30-7:00? In other words, when most adult humans generally have already been up for an hour and had coffee and breakfast? And y'all are still in the sack?

There's so much awry here I can't even begin to unpack it all.

I think some work with a family therapist is in order, chop chop.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:11 AM

Um my husband gets up with our son when he awakens. Thanks though.

I get up around 8 with my daughter when she wakes up.

And you’re saying most humans get up at 6am? Hell no. Even when I had a commute I was not waking up at 6am. The world is not filled with morning people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships