Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 11:06 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,884,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acevaz View Post
Gotta agree with Beena. Wife gotta be extraordinarily hot for a hubby to want to keep her locked away from other eyes.
Wow, I must be smokin'! I am going on my 6th year as a SAHM... we have decided to make the sacrifice of living on one income until my youngest is in school full time... then I will go back to work teaching...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 11:06 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,393,700 times
I did this for a couple of months right after I moved and I did not have a job. It worked out really well for us. We ate really health - I had time to prepare really nice meals for us. And the house was spotless. It got a little boring for me though, and I ended up finding a job.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:10 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,498,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Oh puleeeze. The only way that works is if wife is wayyy hotter than hubby and he gives in rather than lose her.
Don't forget the most important part of the equation - the cabana boy.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1319/...3f4e72.jpg?v=0

Old 08-05-2008, 11:11 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,010,728 times
No you don't want this. As it is I am trying to be a full-time student in my late 20's because I'd go crazy sitting home all day.

I do want to go back to work, it's only a matter of finishing my college degree.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:13 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,180,882 times
Not me....I'd go crazy.....I have to feel like i'm making a difference in society.....plus I'm a total ppl person and I love the bonds you get with co-workers!

Old 08-05-2008, 11:15 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,605,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Not me....I'd go crazy.....I have to feel like i'm making a difference in society.....plus I'm a total ppl person and I love the bonds you get with co-workers!
Both of the wives I know who do this do community service work. I have to say they both make a lot more difference than I did working.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:19 AM

18,135 posts, read 11,788,456 times
Not sure this life style would suit me. Unless hubby is a Billionaire, why would I be cleaning the house and cooking? Nope, my idea of SAHW would be planning vacations, organizing parties, spending my days at the health spa, shopping in NYC - not thrift shops etc, etc.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:23 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,180,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Both of the wives I know who do this do community service work. I have to say they both make a lot more difference than I did working.
Maybe so.....but I am currently student teaching and will soon have my own classroom of 6th graders so I consider my line of work too crucial to give up and stay home.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,195,592 times
At our house, one of us has always stayed home (sometimes both!). There is a lot to be said for having a nice, clean house and a hot dinner on the table when the other party comes in from work. Staying home allows for a nice big vegetable garden (saves on food costs *and* boosts nutrition), well thought-out and nutritious menus, *not* spending an extra $80 bucks on gas a month, etc., and so many other benefits too numerous to mention. There is a reason why this was the dominate lifestyle (with exceptions, of course) up until women started getting into the workforce in the late 1940s and 1950s. It works, and it works well.

Count me in to the pro SAHW philosophy.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-05-2008, 11:35 AM
miu miu started this thread

17,772 posts, read 40,244,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Not sure this life style would suit me. Unless hubby is a Billionaire, why would I be cleaning the house and cooking? Nope, my idea of SAHW would be planning vacations, organizing parties, spending my days at the health spa, shopping in NYC - not thrift shops etc, etc.
I'm selling antiques on eBay from home and also have a part time job in a banquet department for a restaurant. My boyfriend is a lot happier when I have days off from the restaurant and I'm at home doing housework and grocery shopping. My dogs are also happier when I can spend more time at home. Even if I were rich, I would never hire a maid service. I just don't want strangers in my house with all the neat stuff I have in my collections. I also really cherish my privacy. This summer, with my new part time job, my yard is mowed but not much is happening with my flowers. I also prefer doing the housework my way over the way my boyfriend does it. lol

Let's see, if I were rich, I would be a stay at home type, but I would be busy collecting antiques.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships