Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 01:16 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,482,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Not even a little bit~I take care of the household, and am working on a novel! I am pretty certain that I am actually bettering myself, my skills and my mind. I will go back to work eventually, of course, but after getting laid off a while back, I have had the opportunity to make a lot of positive moves in my life. And I am living my dream, just not getting paid for it (yet).
But the majority of women are probably not that creative and need the structure of the outside world. I've seen women where I worked that 'just came back from having a baby' or whatever and acted as if they just stepped onto planet earth that day It's like they had to start life all over again!
But I'm sure there's some office somewhere that would hire them for just a pretty face or voice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 01:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,216,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
work to the grave? do you mean that literally
That's pretty much the case in this country for our generation...

Old 08-05-2008, 01:26 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,962,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I've seen women where I worked that 'just came back from having a baby' or whatever and acted as if they just stepped onto planet earth that day It's like they had to start life all over again!
After having a baby it sometimes is like starting life all over again.....sleep deprivation will do that. I gotta give up for any woman who goes back to work soon after having a baby.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:27 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,977,964 times
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraaz View Post
that's pretty much the case in this country for our generation...

Old 08-05-2008, 01:32 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,171,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
But the majority of women are probably not that creative and need the structure of the outside world. I've seen women where I worked that 'just came back from having a baby' or whatever and acted as if they just stepped onto planet earth that day It's like they had to start life all over again!
But I'm sure there's some office somewhere that would hire them for just a pretty face or voice
you are EVIL!

Old 08-05-2008, 01:35 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,872,949 times
I really think its better if more women of Generation Y stay childless and never breed. They can work or not work, its up to them. As long as they don't breed, so I can find a good woman.

Women feel that they have to procreate to keep the human race going. A housewife is fine with me, as well as a career wife. But no child-obsessed women for me.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:37 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,652,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
There is nothing wrong with taking a hiatus from work. Work can really suck the life and soul right outta ya.
I agree with a hiatus but not to stay home and just not work for long periods of time or ever for that matter... someone else mentioned she was working on a novel and that's great BUT, I work full time, have a full house AND still managed to pen a novel just for the fun of it and as part of a challenge (NANOWRIMO) or something like that (challenge to write a novel in 30 days).
Anyway, point being, if you are a writer, sitting at home isn't helping you build those skills, LIFE is helping you build those. I think you need to work to maintain. If you work at your own business that's still working and you are still on a daily basis socializing with people and the outside world.

Again, just my personal thoughts...

Old 08-05-2008, 01:37 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,938,171 times
Granted, I'm posting w/o reading all the other posts. I am a stay-at-home-wife with no kids. And it really is a wonderful set-up. Am I a "kept" woman so male eyes can't see me? LOL....... far from it. And am I bored and losing my own identity? That would be a 'negative, Maverick!

I find that those that have nothing but negative opinions on this matter are often the same ones that have something negative to say for those that chose not to have children.

I've always wanted to be a housewife. Got teased in school for saying that. And if I had a dollar for every time I heard, "but you can be so much more" from other women, I'd be a millionaire to boot.

I have the world's best husband (yep, I'm biased). I love making it so he comes home to a clean house and a nice meal at the end of his day. Making it so that he comes home and only has to relax brings a smile to my face. And he delights in me being stress-free. It's like he gets the best of both world's... a nice home and a stress-free wife to enjoy. When he comes home at night, I pour him a cold beer and we sit on the back porch and talk about our day (I usually have way more to tell him than he I. LOL). And for him to be able to just come home and relax... and I'm already relaxed.... that's priceless to us.

But I have friends and interests that keep me over occupied so, no, I don't get bored. I have many hobbies (sometimes I think I have too many, LOL) and on any given day I'm doing one or two (or even more) of them.

Eh... you can't really convince people that aren't an board with the idea, how wonderful your life is. But if a couple talks about it and come to an agreement... then it really is a wonderful set-up. It can't be done out of selfishness (meaning, one can't say, this is what I want to do, with no regard for the household).

Again... it may not be the situation everyone would want for their households... but some of us have chosen this and respect for other people's decisions is always nice. Although I do admit.... the myths are fun to read.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:38 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,928,782 times
Havent you gotten that vasectomy yet?

Old 08-05-2008, 01:38 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,171,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I really think its better if more women of Generation Y stay childless and never breed. They can work or not work, its up to them. As long as they don't breed, so I can find a good woman.

Women feel that they have to procreate to keep the human race going. A housewife is fine with me, as well as a career wife. But no child-obsessed women for me. Like they say, "You can't turn a ho into a housewife".
lol dude......you seriously must hang out with some messed up ppl in some jacked up places.......your outlook on this whole situation is freaky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships