Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 12:48 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,657,897 times

Advertisements

I think by staying at home you lose yourself, your skills, and who knows what else - your mind? LOL I mean how much housecleaning needs to be done? I guess it's different if you are highly active in committees, boards, volunteering, etc.. but even so, you have to have money for upkeep, gas, necessities, what would be the incentive for a husband to have this situation? Not for me personally but hey, everyone has their thing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 12:50 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,741,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Oh puleeeze. The only way that works is if wife is wayyy hotter than hubby and he gives in rather than lose her.
Well, thank you, thank you very much! I'm blushing...

Old 08-05-2008, 12:51 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I think by staying at home you lose yourself, your skills, and who knows what else - your mind?
Right. In the older generations where the women didn't work and depended on the husbands for everything,once the husband was gone the woman was lost unless she had skills of some sort she could fall back on.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:52 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,874,877 times
That would be kind of woman. No children. If she doesn't have a job its okey with me. If she wants a job, that's fine too. But no children in the relationship.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,999,986 times
The post excludes women with children...don't you pay attention to details

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
I am neither of the above and for the last 2 years have not worked, first time in my life I might add. Also as of the end of this month when youngest goes to Uni will not have any kids at home. Makes me wonder how all these years I worked full time and did everyting else.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:56 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,741,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I think by staying at home you lose yourself, your skills, and who knows what else - your mind?
Not even a little bit~I take care of the household, and am working on a novel! I am pretty certain that I am actually bettering myself, my skills and my mind. I will go back to work eventually, of course, but after getting laid off a while back, I have had the opportunity to make a lot of positive moves in my life. And I am living my dream, just not getting paid for it (yet).

Old 08-05-2008, 12:56 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,516,925 times
For all those who said they wanted to stay at home. Just wait until your husband leaves you with nothing. Not like you can brush off your shoulders either since you have years of an employment gap and probably no skills. Hope you like living in a box.

Never depend on another human being that is just asking for trouble.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:57 PM

There is nothing wrong with taking a hiatus from work. Work can really suck the life and soul right outta ya.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:58 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,073,502 times
Now days DH's have life insurance....LOL

Seriously, are some of you even reading the posts here?? Who said anything about sitting around turning into zombies and maids? Do you really only value yourself if you are getting a paycheck?? Do you take weekends or time off?? Why?? Are you planning to retire or work to the grave??

Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 PM

work to the grave? do you mean that literally

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Now days DH's have life insurance....LOL

Seriously, are some of you even reading the posts here?? Who said anything about sitting around turning into zombies and maids? Do you really only value yourself if you are getting a paycheck?? Do you take weekends or time off?? Why?? Are you planning to retire or work to the grave??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships