Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times

Advertisements

I would love some companionship but I don't think I will ever marry again. Ideally I would love to find someone special, have him buy a house in my neighborhood rather then us living together. We could spend most of our time together but then we could still have time apart. We would have our own space but be close enough that it be convenient to get together.

I just don't think I can attach that ball and chain to my ankle again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 11:01 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Why?

Old 02-07-2009, 11:02 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Is this because of having been hurt or because you have evolved into a more independent person? Or something else?

Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Have you read some of her truama with this man? I think that living together works for them.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:28 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,921,585 times
Shall we check back with you in 10+ years to see where your head is at that point??

Old 02-07-2009, 11:29 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Have you read some of her truama with this man? I think that living together works for them.
LOL, you must have me confused with someone else, I am not living with anyone nor have I lived with anyone in 7 years. I just don't want to do it again. I am a more independent and I just don't think I can open up and give up that much of my life anymore.

I don't want to live with anyone in my house, he can live next door.

For example, I hate sports. NO, I really hate them. I jeer and sneer at the sports cast and in general feel superior to those who shackle themselves to the TV to watch it. My TVs in short do not ever broadcast sports and I have no desire to change that. How is that going to be compatible, that attitude AND the specific dislike of sports.

My neighbor has a boyfriend who broke up with her because she wouldn't move in with him. She owns her own home and didn't want to give up so much of her independance. Now he just comes over on the weekends. He also came over and took care of her when she had surgery. It just seems so much nicer. There are weekends here and there where they have their own things to do but most weekends he is here. I think its nice.

I just need my own space.

God forbid some man comes in my house again and makes mention of how its too feminine for him or he doesn't like the flowers everywhere, man that really chaps my behind.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:33 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
LOL, you must have me confused with someone else, I am not living with anyone nor have I lived with anyone in 7 years. I just don't want to do it again. I am a more independent and I just don't think I can open up and give up that much of my life anymore.

For example, I hate sports. NO, I really hate them. I jeer and sneer at the sports cast and in general feel superior to those who shackle themselves to the TV to watch it. My TVs in short do not ever broadcast sports and I have no desire to change that. How is that going to be compatible, that attitude AND the specific dislike of sports.

My neighbor has a boyfriend who broke up with her because she wouldn't move in with him. She owns her own home and didn't want to give up so much of her independance. Now he just comes over on the weekends. He also came over and took care of her when she had surgery. It just seems so much nicer. There are weekends here and there where they have their own things to do but most weekends he is here. I think its nice.

God forbid some man comes in my house again and makes mention of how its too feminine for him or he doesn't like the flowers everywhere, man that really chaps my behind.
You sound like Shirley Maclaine and Jack Nicholson in Terms of Endearment

Old 02-07-2009, 11:35 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Maybe you are with someone new now.
Yes, I do remember you complaining and being upset about him going out to the bars, staying out late at night, and alot of arguing.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:40 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,865,527 times
Quote:
I would love some companionship but I don't think I will ever marry again. Ideally I would love to find someone special, have him buy a house in my neighborhood rather then us living together. We could spend most of our time together but then we could still have time apart. We would have our own space but be close enough that it be convenient to get together.

I just don't think I can attach that ball and chain to my ankle again.
Lindsey, I fully support your stance to not get married! It is time women rise up and say no more to marriages! Women should not be forced into lives of just giving into men's demands and raising their children.

Women are just as equal to men. They can buy their own home with their own money, they can work and make just as much as men!

Quote:
Yea, that pisses me off too especially with I bring ladies over. "The house is too messy," "Why don't you fold your clothes." on and on. It is my house so lay off!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:42 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:

Congratulations to you. I think people would be so much happier if they did what was organic to them and not what is expected of them. You can't give what you don't have or feel what you don't feel. And there's always someone who feels the same way and wants the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships