Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:56 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I know the type! They are usually looking for a sugar momma to marry them, so they can loaf around. They tend to move from job to job- when and if they have one!
If they keep a job for a long amount of time, they usually become bitter and resentful and will look for all manner of ways to convince their betrothed they need a change.

BTW, the sugar momma usually comes in the form of a female that is college bound, or already educated, etc. They prefer women who have wealthy or well off parents who have supported their future intended. They are charmers, master manipulators, users.

Once they have families with their beloved meal tickets, they look for others outside of the marriage to entertain them; thus becoming excellent cheats and liars!
They are a dime a dozen, and much more common than any of you women realize.
True but they are so good looking that most women will over look their failings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 09:35 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
True but they are so good looking that most women will over look their failings.
Had to LOL!

The few I actually know and have known personally are absolutely dog butt ugly!!!

Thus the need to be charming!

Old 10-08-2011, 10:46 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
First off, a woman with no hustle about her wouldn't get a 2nd look from me. I want a woman that has something going for herself; someone who's not content with where she is but is always striving to do better.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:40 PM

12 posts, read 21,943 times
Different strokes I suppose. I could never be happy with someone who was never content with their life. Me personally, I only work to live, and I like it that way. I have no interest in working myself into the ground for more money. What's the point if you're busy all the time and can't enjoy your life and the people in it?

Any woman that I date would have to at least understand that, or, hopefully, think the same way. I'm not saying be lazy and do nothing, but, have a decent job making decent money. Climbing the corporate ladder.. no thanks.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:01 AM

109 posts, read 126,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I know the type! They are usually looking for a sugar momma to marry them, so they can loaf around. They tend to move from job to job- when and if they have one!
If they keep a job for a long amount of time, they usually become bitter and resentful and will look for all manner of ways to convince their betrothed they need a change.

BTW, the sugar momma usually comes in the form of a female that is college bound, or already educated, etc. They prefer women who have wealthy or well off parents who have supported their future intended. They are charmers, master manipulators, users.

Once they have families with their beloved meal tickets, they look for others outside of the marriage to entertain them; thus becoming excellent cheats and liars!
They are a dime a dozen, and much more common than any of you women realize.
I run the moment I see a guy like this. Before, I didn't know better. Yes, I have dated someone like this. Dropped out of college bec he'd rather spend time with me and the guys. Later in the relationship, he started standing me up bec he was online gaming! Often couldn't bring me to restaurants I liked bec he couldn't afford it. He did once, but had to borrow half the money from his brother. The place was romantic, food was great, I should've been happy, but I only felt uncomfortable. He was nice, but still asked mommy for his allowance (and seemed contented with it). I saw no future with him.

Anyway, I eventually broke up with him. Our friends who felt sorry for him said I left him for someone better. It wasn't intentional bec I met the new guy after we broke up. But, yes he was better. Had so many plans for us. Had a good-paying job and lavished on me, took me to all the places I wanted and gave me everything I asked for. Flowers every month on our anniversary. Never stood me up. When he had to cancel, he'd call me saying he'd make up for it. Minutes later, a flower delivery. But even the greatest love of our lives end (for me, at least)

Last year, I dated a guy who had a good job, good prospects, was good looking. Impressed me since he used to be a bum, came from a poor family, but worked abroad and came back reinvented (and a big amt in savings). I was thrilled about dating a self-made man. I thought he'd be one. Later on, he confessed his dark past. He used to be a junkie, dated two girls at a time, lived off women... I wanted to run, but I thought, that was his past.

Eventually, he became the guy he told me about. He became secretive and I became suspicious. He wouldn't go back to his job, but he kept suggesting we get married. He suggested we live together, even joked that he'll do my chores while I worked. I would only smile, but BIG ALARM RINGING IN MY HEAD. I'm not wealthy by any means, but since he found out that Daddy still sends me money and pays for my apt, he seemed to become stingy. Wouldn't pick up the tab, just waited for me to do so. Embarrassing moment when we were out at karaoke with friends, he expected me to pay the bill! I raised an eyebrow at him and said, "Why didn't you bring any money?" He went home, got some money and paid. I broke up with him 2 mos later. Then someone told me that he's now broke, money he saved up abroad is gone, and he's gone back to the last girl he lived (off) with. I'm so disgusted... Poor girl. Wonder why she allows it...

Old 07-02-2012, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,719 times
what would you say to someone who has been waiting for the lottery to fall from the sky for over 10 years. well unfortunately this is the kind of guy I was in a relationship with. not willing to get out of a ****ty app;t and strive for something more. made promises that he never kept, plus him having a 27 year old mooching son living with us who wouldnt leave the nest and never helped out with anything. at 27 he expected daddy to pay for everything even though he had a well paying job. the apple doesnt fall too far from the tree right.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:39 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
I thought of this thread after reading another on here. I've dated guys without ambition before, and being that I am the opposite, I never could understand why someone would not want to try harder in their life. After going through some very frustrating dating situations with guys like this, I could never go through it again.

So the question is, have you ever dated someone like this? How did you deal with it, and what did you learn from it?

Yes. I learned that I am glad they married someone else! LOL!!

Old 01-11-2017, 09:22 PM

1 posts, read 593 times
I'm 68 , the guy I'm dating is 67 - who has lived in the family home FREE for the past 23 years, takes care of his 93 y.o. mother 2x a day making her breakfast and dinner. He has not held a full time job for the past 2 years, collected unemployment and now only works 2 days a week as a taxi dispatcher. He has a BA degree, married 2x, one son 39 y.o. who refuses to speak o him. Also my guy has NO friends in the 23 years in the same city, no outside interests and no goals. Has a 21 y.o car, no credit, pays with cash - I decided to do a background check and saw that he has 16 judgments against him totaling $28K. T

The only thing He has going is a law suit which he believes he will be rewarded a couple of million dollars. In his favor is that His character is loving, and caring, but it bothers me that he lacks ambition. Me...I have assets and own a few pieces of real estate and have always been an entrepreneur. Question: Dump? or Keep?

Old 01-11-2017, 09:27 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by droyale77 View Post
I'm 68 , the guy I'm dating is 67 - who has lived in the family home FREE for the past 23 years, takes care of his 93 y.o. mother 2x a day making her breakfast and dinner. He has not held a full time job for the past 2 years, collected unemployment and now only works 2 days a week as a taxi dispatcher. He has a BA degree, married 2x, one son 39 y.o. who refuses to speak o him. Also my guy has NO friends in the 23 years in the same city, no outside interests and no goals. Has a 21 y.o car, no credit, pays with cash - I decided to do a background check and saw that he has 16 judgments against him totaling $28K. T

The only thing He has going is a law suit which he believes he will be rewarded a couple of million dollars. In his favor is that His character is loving, and caring, but it bothers me that he lacks ambition. Me...I have assets and own a few pieces of real estate and have always been an entrepreneur. Question: Dump? or Keep?
He IS taking care of his elderly mother, which is like a job. He's not going to become a renaissance man overnight, but there's some reason you were attracted to him in the first place.

Keep him if you enjoy being around him, but NEVER give him access to any of your assets.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:28 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
No.

I have dated someone who has lost almost all ambition however.
Thankfully they sorted out the problems they where having
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships