Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:46 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,896,145 times

Advertisements

I haven't dated them but I have interacted with "toys" before. Yes, that's what I call them. Did you notice I didn't say dated/was in a relationship? I have hopes, dreams, and goals of my own and I'm not willing to let anyone skate off of me or hold me back. If you enter a relationship with someone like that there are usually a lot of things will not be matched in your relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 02:01 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,017 times
Is there a convenient label you prefer I use? Can nice guys be honest about their true intentions with girls who are willing to play with us?

Old 01-17-2011, 09:21 PM

736 posts, read 1,695,887 times
My dad's former mistress had the screen name "ambitiousone" with a bunch of numbers after it. She was "ambitious" in going after older married men.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:56 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,017 times
Why does it seem, to some nice guys, that some women are not very ambitious in providing good answers to some questions posed by some nice guys; does it require sufficient ambition to obtain a PHD in gender studies or something?

Old 01-18-2011, 09:14 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,629 times
My first engagement was a Marine. Upward mobility and on the fast track. What happened you say. He failed a drug testing for weed. He was demoted. Not just demoted, but the commander told him -- he passed the Sergeant's list.

Months later ...

He was going back to the base, while entering, the MP's asked for his ID. As he pulled the ID out of his pocket, a joint fall out as well. He was demoted again.

I called off the wedding. He said, why. We're supposed to progress in life. I thought we were growing together.

Within a year and a half he had moved backward to the ranking of someone first entering the military.

I don't have any support for a guy such as that. First, the drug use was hidden. I was blown away. Then, I'm gonna stop. You were caught twice. Such a dumb azz.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:49 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Why does it seem, to some nice guys, that some women are not very ambitious in providing good answers to some questions posed by some nice guys; does it require sufficient ambition to obtain a PHD in gender studies or something?
Guys, especially nice guys, are not supposed to be posing questions to women. You're just to assume that she is perfect and it is your job to convince her that you are good enough for her. Of course, this is very difficult to do if your obvious drawbacks as a man can be seen from across the room. In most such cases, your chance to impress her is limited to minutes or at most, hours. Even a slight misunderstanding will wash you out.

Even though women are always complaining that their HUSBAND is non communicative, when you are dating them, it is far better to let them think that your lack of being forthright and talkative is because you might have something good to hide. Of course, this doesn't work for the 80% of men who women consider to be below average. In that case, they have already assumed the worse on absolutely everything and you must quickly prove them wrong or be curbed.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:10 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,314,607 times
i don't get why having goals, having a mission or purpose in life is a masculine thing

Old 10-07-2011, 03:23 PM

3,985 posts, read 5,017,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
i don't get why having goals, having a mission or purpose in life is a masculine thing
It isn't. Dude, I know you hate women, but really, do you honestly think women have no purpose in life? My mother was a management trainer in the 70's and 80's teaching GOALS to managers in businesses like Kodak, Xerox etc. She's more goal oriented than anyone I've ever known.

Now, I personally think she over does it, but hey, it isn't gender specific...it's person specific. Duh...oh but again, in your world, the man is responsible for EVERYTHING. If women are so useless, why do you spend most of your time lamenting about not having one?

Old 10-07-2011, 06:15 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Guys, especially nice guys, are not supposed to be posing questions to women. You're just to assume that she is perfect and it is your job to convince her that you are good enough for her. Of course, this is very difficult to do if your obvious drawbacks as a man can be seen from across the room. In most such cases, your chance to impress her is limited to minutes or at most, hours. Even a slight misunderstanding will wash you out.

Even though women are always complaining that their HUSBAND is non communicative, when you are dating them, it is far better to let them think that your lack of being forthright and talkative is because you might have something good to hide. Of course, this doesn't work for the 80% of men who women consider to be below average. In that case, they have already assumed the worse on absolutely everything and you must quickly prove them wrong or be curbed.
Good points. Women hate men with something important to say, especially if it might involve some loss of privilege to them or if it exposes the hypocrisy of the way they treat most men. I've often read them say things like: "There are good men but none of them are commenting on this site". My response is that they are looking for a guy whose only response to them is "Yes dear. How high dear?"

More and more men are just moving on from this, never to look back.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:48 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
I thought of this thread after reading another on here. I've dated guys without ambition before, and being that I am the opposite, I never could understand why someone would not want to try harder in their life. After going through some very frustrating dating situations with guys like this, I could never go through it again.

So the question is, have you ever dated someone like this? How did you deal with it, and what did you learn from it?
I know the type! They are usually looking for a sugar momma to marry them, so they can loaf around. They tend to move from job to job- when and if they have one!
If they keep a job for a long amount of time, they usually become bitter and resentful and will look for all manner of ways to convince their betrothed they need a change.

BTW, the sugar momma usually comes in the form of a female that is college bound, or already educated, etc. They prefer women who have wealthy or well off parents who have supported their future intended. They are charmers, master manipulators, users.

Once they have families with their beloved meal tickets, they look for others outside of the marriage to entertain them; thus becoming excellent cheats and liars!
They are a dime a dozen, and much more common than any of you women realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships