Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 09:13 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Dated? I am married to one. :x It is very frusterating. She could have been paid to go to college. She tried because I was forcing her. Well, each semester she flunked out. After a few years of here and there school, she finally just gave up. Which is what she wanted. No ambition to further herself.

She's been a housewife now for quite a few years. She sits on her butt all day and watches tv. If I would like a clean house, I have to clean it myself. Oh, she has a 15 year old and a 14 year old from a previous marriage. They keep the house 'picked up' for her when she asks. I ask and I get backtalk. She is quick to defend them. Housewife and no clean house. And she very rarely cooks. We eat out 29 days a week.

She doesn't want to work. She said when our youngest, now eight, starts school she would get a job. Then we wouldn't need daycare. Well, youngest is going into third grade now. She still sits on her butt all day and does nothing.

So one may think that she may be ambitious in her health/physical activity. Over the years I have quietly sat back and watched her gain about 100 pounds. She isn't even ambitious here.

Wow. I have just totally ragged on my wife. Uncool. I'm going to end this now. I'd delete this post, but it is nice to get something off of MY chest for once!
sad story. Why on earth would you put up with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraaz View Post
and what exactly did you want her to do? Reinvent the hot water?! Learn to dance tribal dances?!

What's with all this "ambition"...?! If somebody has a decent education and a decent job paying him decent money, he's fine with me. I feel the same way about myself.

I love this story and have posted it before. Granted, there is a slight difference between fishing for fun and fishing for a living (the safety net is obviously missing), but it's essentially the same. Only that the fisherman has had a nice, easy, and fulfilling life all along whereas the big-time businessman has wasted most of his in the rat race. I always get some perspective when i go down to mexico. All it takes for poor people there to have fun is to park their trucks somewhere, play some music, drink some beers, talk, laugh, and dance. More than can be said about most of us pecking on our keyboards pursuing "goals" and "ambitions"!

I've talked about this before. It's sad for me to observe when i'm there how the nice restaurants on the beaches are full of those of us with "ambitions." they're the ones with the empty eyes, those having no conversations, and those splitting credit cards after "romantic" Dinners. Would be nice if the locals who know how to have fun can afford to be there instead of these "ambitious" zombies wasting the ambience.

+1

Old 01-13-2011, 11:45 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
What if i consider a chick to not be ambitious if she refuses to get her girl friends involved; because it could be viewed that she may have trust issues with girl friends. Is it wrong to be able to trust a friend?

Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 AM

I sometimes wish women would be more ambitious.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:04 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,526 times
It's easy for me to think that people (myself included) isn't being ambitious enough, which always in the end makes me somewhat frustrated and irritated, but I did date some guys who had no ambition when I was in college.

It's DEFINITELY not for me.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 PM

I agree with you. It should not be a chore to generate some ambition for a (girl) friend.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:41 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Every time I hear the story of the fishermen, I can't help but wonder when the fisherman last saw a dentist and if he still has teeth. It's a good story only if proper medical and dental care are available to him.
Well fortunately he's not an independent fisherman in the US. If he were, he'd definitely not have proper medical and dental care available to him.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Well fortunately he's not an independent fisherman in the US. If he were, he'd definitely not have proper medical and dental care available to him.
Or he'd wish he were dead before being bankrupt and homeless.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:45 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,365,577 times
The extra-special problem with the non-ambitious is that they often don't understand your attitude towards goals, life, etc...they may have a harder time supporting your goals because they don't understand them (and under some circumstances, may even MOCK them)...it can make life hard when the person who is supposed to be closest to you doesn't understand or can't relate to how you just are innately.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
I sometimes wish women would be more ambitious.
It's not going to happen, it's not really in their nature. Don't get me wrong, women can work their buts off, but just in a different way (i.e, raising children, attracting a mate).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships