Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 AM

878 posts, read 942,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
...you should try to see if you can make it work...
What's with this "should" crap? MYOFB.

This is garbage. If someone sees kids as a deal breaker, that's how they see it. I'm not a women, but kids, even grown up and gone, are a deal breaker.

There is a disconnect between the minds of breeders and the minds of the childfree, "never had 'em, never will," demographic. Different, incompatible sensibilities and priorities. I don't want to be with someone with those breeder sensibilities, and IME, they NEVER go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 AM

523 posts, read 840,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Alot of single girls that i know, have told me that they hesitate to date guys w kids, because their kinda selfish and dont like sharing the guys w his kids. They get upset that on the weekends that the guys have their kids, they cant go out or do anything w them, do you single ladies, hesitate to date guys w kids?
If you are a single dad, I would tell you not to date single, "childfree women". Women that don't want children will not make good stepmothers and tend to be much more selfish than women with children. They don't understand the commitment and great joy of having children in your life. This thread is a good example, they only see children as a burden and expense. Parents know better

Old 06-17-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
If you are a single dad, I would tell you not to date single, "childfree women". Women that don't want children will not make good stepmothers and tend to be much more selfish than women with children. They don't understand the commitment and great joy of having children in your life. This thread is a good example, they only see children as a burden and expense. Parents know better
Speak for yourself. Children are a burden and increasingly, a useless one.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:54 AM

523 posts, read 840,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
Speak for yourself. Children are a burden and increasingly, a useless one.
Obviously I wasn't talking to you. It was for the OP who posed the question.

Actually it's men that don't want to children that are useless, since that's what sperm is for.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
Obviously I wasn't talking to you. It was for the OP who posed the question.

Actually it's men that don't want to children that are useless, since that's what sperm is for.
Oh geez, are you one of those "every sperm is sacred" cultists? You're clearly well-bagged in the cult of children.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,480 times
I'm in a relationship with a guy right now,and he has a son!At first I was likeawl hell naw,until I he realized this wasn't what he wanted!With men who have children and are there for them I give them props,but you have to deal with so much depending on what the child's mother feels about the father!For instance my boyfriends childs mother is a ***** she sends her child out looking like he's homeless when he comes over here just so he could go spend money on him,and like a dummy he does!!And child support hits him up every 2 weeks collecting 150 dollars!!He is a good man to me and his son!But that extra gets on my nerves!Single women DoNot date men with kids unless it doesn't bother you to have to deal with dramatic ass baby mothers!!

Old 12-08-2013, 11:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melb89 View Post
I'm in a relationship with a guy right now,and he has a son!At first I was likeawl hell naw,until I he realized this wasn't what he wanted!With men who have children and are there for them I give them props,but you have to deal with so much depending on what the child's mother feels about the father!For instance my boyfriends childs mother is a ***** she sends her child out looking like he's homeless when he comes over here just so he could go spend money on him,and like a dummy he does!!And child support hits him up every 2 weeks collecting 150 dollars!!He is a good man to me and his son!But that extra gets on my nerves!Single women DoNot date men with kids unless it doesn't bother you to have to deal with dramatic ass baby mothers!!
Very true and it gets worse if one marries. Often the new wife finds herself supporting the kids and even the ex wife.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:00 AM

2 posts, read 2,648 times
I like to say that men with children seem to place finances on women that don't have children for no reason.... I understand that women with no children have money because they only take care of them selves, this do not mean that men with children go out there way to be with women that don't. It can be painful for us because some guys think they can change a woman for what ever reason of his choice and that shows SELFISHNESS, BACK STABBER, AND SOMEONE WHOM THINKS HE IS ALL THAT. It is not fare to end up with a guy like that.... your loosing out on happiness, but he is happy so he is fighting you to stay... or he is seeking negative anything so he can give himself an excuse to get revenge and these type of guys have more issues about life it self $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, so this helps him in the long run not his partner HE wants to be with...

Old 04-14-2014, 08:02 AM

2 posts, read 2,648 times
Default life

just making sure people can view life for what it really is

Old 04-14-2014, 09:20 AM

625 posts, read 952,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I hestitate dating guys with kids because I don't want kids, and a guy who has kids will always have to deal with his ex. That said, I'd never be jealous of a man spending time with his children--that's what a father is supposed to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
I don't date guys with kids. It has nothing to do with being jealous of the time he spends with them. If a guy has kids, they should be his first priority and any woman who dates him needs to accept and support that.

I have never wanted kids. Lots of women make the choice to not have kids. There's nothing wrong with that. Not dating a guy because he has kids isn't selfish, it's just an honest acknowledgment that we are not compatible in a critical aspect of a relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
YES!! I refuse to date any man with kids. Especially if the kids were ill behaved. I've felt that way all of my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I knew a girl who was a single mom that wanted a guy who accepted her child, but she refused to date a guy with kids because she didn't want to deal with drama with his ex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESSNOTICE View Post
I hate dating a guy with kids and I usually RUN when I find out he has them. Not that I want/need all his attention, but I cannot deal with the baggage a child brings. No I do not want to go to Chuck-E-Cheese, no I do not want to got to the park, no I do not want to see a kids movie with you and your kid(s). And I find that most of the time the men/women are not over each other especially if the kid is five or under.

I think when it comes to dating, finding a mate that can produce the same as you is the best you do. I have no kids, you shouldnt either if we are dating.

Kid(s) is a deal breaker is most cases!
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes, dealbreaker for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm childfree.
I don't date guys with kids.

Why would I? I have no interest in kids, any of them.

Wow, you're judging people because they want to live the life that they want?
It's not selfish at all to take care of yourself first.
For me, kids are definitely a deal breaker. I don't want my own; I certainly don't want anyone else's.

I myself never married and I don't have any kids, and I am currently dating a single mom with 4 kids, and I look at some of the responses on this thread. I was always honest with my girlfriend when I said that I wouldn't marry someone who has a large family of kids who are not from me. It is interesting how many people were judgmental toward me because I didn't want to marry her because she has 4 kids that are not mine, but most women themselves don't want to date single dads for that same reason. LOL. That's why I don't feel obligated to marry a single woman with a large family of kids none of which are from me. Not only because the 4 kids are not mine. But also because I know that no one who do the same for me if I was in her situation!

Last edited by anonymous51; 04-14-2014 at 09:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships