Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 11:40 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Somehow that's not what the statistics show.
What, regarding health and what not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Who the hell wants to marry a misogynist anyway?!
No, I don't hate women, but this is the word that is always thrown in my face when I tell women that I'm on strike, or that I refuse to fulfill the needs of what women want today (e.g, big house, big ring, fancy vacations).

Women like you want men to be generous, and to give freely, but understand the underlying motive is that you want a man to make YOUR life easier. Plain and simple.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:42 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
What, regarding health and what not?

No, I don't hate women, but this is the word that is always thrown in my face when I tell women that I'm on strike, or that I refuse to fulfill the needs of what women want today (e.g, big house, big ring, fancy vacations).

Women like you want men to be generous, and to give freely, but understand the underlying motive is that you want a man to make YOUR life easier. Plain and simple.
Who in the world would want to marry somebody that made their life Suckier?

Old 07-01-2010, 12:16 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,857,762 times
Polygamy elsewhere has been converted to serial monogamy here.

Where elsewhere, it's wealthy, high status males who marry the most women, and this is a stable situation.

In contrast, here its the women who choose who is the most desirable. Since these men don't have the same position in society, there is turnover resulting in more desirable men being recycled into new relationships. At some point, they run out of financial resources and need a woman to support them, because their income is mostly going to previous mates. In extreme cases, the new wife must subsidize the old, to have her shot at an alpha.

In polygamous societies, most men have limited options due to this practice and in recent decades, this situation has also developed here.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:22 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Who in the world would want to marry somebody that made their life Suckier?
Right, because in addition to the marriage strike outline, marriage will put restrictions on my freedom.

Furthermore, marriage today is no longer the merger of family resources, if anything, I'm getting a woman who has unpaid credit card bills/outstanding student loans and no dowry.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:38 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,272,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
But wherever there's women simply trying to level themselves to a man, there's always a man either trying to stop them or trying to get even higher yet. "Men's rights." What the hell is that mess all about. Men have had rights, now they want more because women are gettin' 'em? Damn!

Jessie
This had me crying with laughter. I can just hear your tone of voice with it. Awesome!

Old 07-01-2010, 05:17 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Something about the go-my-own way marriage strike reminds me so much of this scene.

YouTube - Kung Fu Hamster Style - Orgazmo

"Hey, Julia?"
"Mhm."
"I'm going to go on a marriage strike."
"That's nice." (Turns page.)

Old 07-01-2010, 07:06 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Yep. Feminism has done a lot of damage in the western world over the years. Monogamy is gone now, thanks to the feminist gang.
For who? My life is much better because of it.

Monogamy is not gone. Men have always had affairs, mistresses and multiple wives, been bachlors and ladies men. Feminism, or more specifically, the pill, just leveled the playing field.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 AM

19,643 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Yep. Feminism has done a lot of damage in the western world over the years. Monogamy is gone now, thanks to the feminist gang.
No it's just that infidelity goes both ways now. It was ok when just men cheated.
Perhaps in earlier times men could have been leading by example by practicing and promoting monogomy. And by assigning women equal rights without being forced.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Furthermore, marriage today is no longer the merger of family resources, if anything, I'm getting a woman who has unpaid credit card bills/outstanding student loans and no dowry.
Man, Im with ya. Where do you sign up for this marriage strike. My ex had a huge unpaid student loan, bad credit and no dowry and just wanted me to make his life easier. No more marriage for me. Im keeping my freedom and protecting my assests! Life is good.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:36 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,144 times
Several thoughts on the last couple of pages:

1. Despite the so-called "marriage strike", the US has the world's highest per-capita marriage rate. If it's falling anyway, it's because women today are more willing to cohabit without a marriage certificate than they once were.

2. "Overseas" doesn't necessarily have a lower divorce rates. Eastern Europe has very high divorce rates, some countries higher than the United States.

3. I get a kick out of men who claim that women who are self-supporting are only interested in men's money, whereas "traditional" women who rely on their husbands' incomes are only in it to serve.

4. Polygamy works for societies that are rural, tribal, technologically backward and perpetually mired in warfare and human rights abuses. This has been the case since antiquity.

5. "Monogamy" never existed in the form that those who pine for the "good old days" are describing. People went through multiple marriages, had affairs, went to prostitutes and fathered children out of wedlock.

6. I also get a kick out of men who can't accept that people don't care about their decision not to marry.

"I'm never getting married."

"Great! Lucky girl."

"No -- I mean it. I'm not getting married. Because women are awful."

"Okay, don't get married."

"No, but do you understand WHY I'm not getting married?"

"I think I do, and I don't care."

"I'm not getting married because I'm on STRIKE!! I'll be on strike until women send negotiators to hear my terms!! And then I'll show them!! I'll make them suffer without my money!!"

"Okay."

"I have money by the way! Lots and lots of money! I look like a ripped Adonis! Aren't you just biting your toes off because you can't have my money and tell your girlfriends I'm your husband?"

"Not really."

"No, but let me tell you WHY I'm on strike..."

And so forth and so on, ad nauseam.

(But here, I'm not so heartless as to deny people a small gesture that they desperately want. So here:

)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships