Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 03:08 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post

But yet you respond to my post, and engage in conversion with me. I don't come here to entertain you, and if you don't like what I have to say then just ignore me like I will you for now on.
Those people are always looking to debate with something, start arguments, all that.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:09 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Those people are always looking to debate with something, start arguments, all that.
Ruin the pity party, all that.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:30 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Am I supposed to care whether you like me or not?

No, I just like warn people about the pot holes or perhaps even a strong odor.

Quote:
I was stating my point of view abut the endless 'feminists are evil' posts. I am not a poster child for feminists, I have my own ideals and I support some feminist theories but not all. At least I can define what my feminist philosophies are, unlike half the posters who lump all feminist theory in the same basket then bash that basket and women as an entire group.

If you don't like my posts then ignore them or put me on ignore or shut the hell up with your whining about my 'worthless posts'.
Why? I like to point out worthless posts. If it had no affect on you, then you would not have responded. Post something useful next time. If you would have pointed out the feckless whining from some of the posts, I may have agreed with you. However you just created a female version of the very thing you are complaining about.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
Well guess what. There ain't no chance in hell I'm gonna get on my knees & "admire" a man for being a man. That's his job in life. He's supposed to go out & provide for his wife & children. He supposed to bring home a paycheck & put bread on the table. He supposed to keep a roof over his family's head & clothes on their backs. Now why the hell should women admire y'all men for being a man? It's supposedly our job to stay home with the kids, keep house & make sure there's a hot dinner on the table when you get home from work every night, it's your job to do all those things above. You don't "admire" us to do what we do, so we don't do that for y'all. We expect it.

Feminists are just women who refuse to be victims of male shovenists who come home expecting a certain woman at home. "Women belong in the house cooking, cleaning, & taking care of the kids. Men win bread, come home to a hot meal, & sit on their ass the wrest of the night watching TV like a lazy peace of ****. Yet, men should be admired for what they're expected to do as men while women are just expected to do it. period, end of discussion."

Not sure that I understand that concept, but I plan on doing what a truditional rancher's housewife would do, given that my husband respects me & apreciates what I do. Now that's a man, not a slimy little sexist dirtbag who thinks that feminists are unneeded & in the way. But wherever there's women simply trying to level themselves to a man, there's always a man either trying to stop them or trying to get even higher yet. "Men's rights." What the hell is that mess all about. Men have had rights, now they want more because women are gettin' 'em? Damn!

Jessie
How do you know that we don't? I respect a woman's contribution to a home...in a non-financial sense.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Somehow that's not what the statistics show.

Of course it's beneficial! To women! Who the hell wants to marry a misogynist anyway?!
I don't hate anyone--but I certainly don't want to put up with misandry either.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:37 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post

But yet you respond to my post, and engage in conversion with me. I don't come here to entertain you, and if you don't like what I have to say then just ignore me like I will you for now on.
LOL I made you cry.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't hate anyone--but I certainly don't want to put up with misandry either.
Wait, why would this bother you if you didn't have emotions?

You need to calm down a little bit and quit being so emotional, it can't be good for you.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I have come to respect some of the women on CD (e.g; Redisca, 2mares, smel) because at least the dialogue is intelligent.

However, I find that anytime a male tries to debate me on my so called, "misogynist ideologies," they resort to high school level rebuttals because they're not really thinking about what I'm saying like the women are. These men are either inexperienced, or they're just mindlessly protecting the female point of view in hopes of garnishing approval from them.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Awesomechik, I think people should do what they have decided (after a sober and wise reflection) is most likely to make their lives better. For some, it's a decision not to get married. That's perfectly all right. A person may have a number of good reasons to steer clear of matrimony. However, there are also silly reasons, and delusional reasons -- the most prominent of which is that refusing to get married will somehow "punish" the opposite sex and then they'll be sorry.
It's silly. It's like vegetarians saying they are boycotting KFC. Seriously? Nobody cares, KFC didn't care about you anyways.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Wait, why would this bother you if you didn't have emotions?

You need to calm down a little bit and quit being so emotional, it can't be good for you.
Because it isn't logical to subject yourself to people who hate you.

Not wanting to be around people who hate me because I'm white doesn't make ME a racist. I don't have problems with people because they're of some other race. But why should I want to subject myself to people who hate me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships