Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 AM

121 posts, read 192,268 times

Advertisements

Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative? The man is usually the one who has to ask the girl out and initiate every contact when dating. Why don't girls ever ask guy's out? Why don't girls ever initiate contact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 09:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
Heh, your other post was also a "Why don't girls ever" and "Why do guys always." In time, you'll learn.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:39 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative? The man is usually the one who has to ask the girl out and initiate every contact when dating. Why don't girls ever ask guy's out? Why don't girls ever initiate contact?
Just how old are you?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:39 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,179,531 times
They do. Given your prior and recent threads combined, I'm starting to think the issue of them not initiating anything may be something about you. And, btw, you start these threads with the initial posts and then never return to them.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 AM

917 posts, read 2,947,619 times
I asked my BF out. He wasn't the first guy I asked out either. There goes your "always" theory.

Some women do ask men out. However, if we've got the guts to ask a guy out, he probably isn't your average, boring Joe Schmoe. Women are less likely to ask a guy out based on looks alone- they'll wait to get to know you and then ask you out if they like you. In my experience, a woman will make a move if it's a man she wants a relationship with. It takes time to figure that out, and in some cases, the man may get tired of waiting and ask her first or start dating someone else. There are some women who are terrified of asking a man out due to the possibility of rejection, but there are some women who can overcome that fear.

My BF may not be George Clooney, but he is still really cute (in my eyes at least) and he's really funny, kind, and smart as hell. That's the kind of guy I've always been interested in and the kind of man I asked out in my dating days. It takes more than a glance to determine if someone has those characteristics. I had no way of knowing when we first met that he also loves British humor, likes going for walks, has a wonderful relationship with his awesome family, or any of the other little things that make me love him. I was the one who asked him out after we'd been hanging out for a while and he was shocked that I had any interest in him at all. Our friendship set a strong background for our relationship and it's totally worth it.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:54 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
I've asked plenty of guys out. If I hadn't, they never would have had the balls to do it..

Old 04-26-2010, 11:24 AM

956 posts, read 1,766,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Huh,I did !

Old 04-26-2010, 11:26 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,532,845 times
I had one woman threaten me that she would sexually assault me ("get you drunk and take advantage of you") if I did not comply with her wishes (to date). If that is not initiative, I don't know what is!

Old 04-26-2010, 11:32 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
Every woman I have dated approached me. I never approach.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:44 AM

121 posts, read 192,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
They do. Given your prior and recent threads combined, I'm starting to think the issue of them not initiating anything may be something about you. And, btw, you start these threads with the initial posts and then never return to them.
Well first of all I don't date. I'm very shy and introverted and I'm also quite short, and most women want big strong arrogant alpha males and I'm like the complete opposite of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships