Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2015, 01:18 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times

Advertisements

If a man will love and seek after God , God will reveal to him Jesus .
Men generally don''t look for God, they look for excuses .
There are even those that wear the name "Christian" but are afraid of asking God seriously liven the relationship.
Most are dependent on Paul's teaching of grace, rather than Jesus gospel of accountability and obedience, which is consistent with God's character and communications with man through out the old testament.
God does not compromise with sin.
Repentance must come first, turning from self govern =sin ,to God's govern via the Holy Spirit =Obedience to God on a personal level.
The standing contrast I see is that the catholic church continually compromises with sin and the world to gain acceptance.
This does not represent God at all, in my opinion.
If you read revelation. Jesus had some very serious direct words, for those churches that compromise with the world.
This does not absolve the responsibility of any church for that matter but the catholic church in particular has been at the fore front of compromise .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 02:49 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
There are even those that wear the name "Christian" but are afraid of asking God seriously liven the relationship.
Most are dependent on Paul's teaching of grace, rather than Jesus gospel of accountability and obedience, which is consistent with God's character and communications with man through out the old testament.
Repentance must come first, turning from self govern =sin ,to God's govern via the Holy Spirit =Obedience to God on a personal level.
The standing contrast I see is that the catholic church continually compromises with sin and the world to gain acceptance.
If you read revelation. Jesus had some very serious direct words, for those churches that compromise with the world.
This does not absolve the responsibility of any church for that matter but the catholic church in particular has been at the fore front of compromise .
Well, don't speak in generalities. Provide a specific example.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:42 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick for Christ View Post
Thanks,

AND no where in the Bible does it say: "bible" either.

Do YOURSELF a favor and read MY post # 49, 81 & 133. ALL of which prove you wrong.

God Bless you and thanks for sharring,

Patrick

Yet you didn't prove me wrong there is a BIG difference between saints & angels. Once again praying to mortals & asking them to be a go-between for you isn't biblical.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yet you didn't prove me wrong there is a BIG difference between saints & angels. Once again praying to mortals & asking them to be a go-between for you isn't biblical.
Once again, you are flat lying. Catholics do not ask saints to intercede for us in the way Christ intercedes. We ask that they pray for us (e.g. Notre Dame, our mother, pray for us. St. Francis of Assisi, pray for us). It's no different than when you ask a friend to pray for you -- a question you conveniently dodged, by the way. Look, I get you don't like Catholicism. You can have that opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:01 PM

205 posts, read 119,860 times
Quote:
OK?

I'm a 71 year old, life time Catholic and the OP of this string.

You now have my attention friend; if you could be more precise' more specific and give examples of your position; we might be able to enter into a dialog

God Bless you,

Patrick

Old 11-27-2015, 05:03 PM

205 posts, read 119,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am not arguing with you. That is just common knowledge. Sidebar: Did you know that in the early days of Christianity the Holy Spirit was referred to as a she?

I'm saying the mixing occurs because of human tendencies to believe similar things.
Not within the Catholic Church

God Bless you,

Patrick

Old 11-27-2015, 06:05 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Dear Patrick,
It is not merely the failure of the catholic church alone but the distraction through out christianity.
Matthew 23;7,8,9,10,
These instruction are direct precise and eternal.
There is no excuse for this direct rebellion to God ,teaching men to ignore Jesus own words, even if it should come from one of the apostles them self.
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place. John 14;7,-21, 15;26,-27, 16;7,-15, 1John 2;20
Side stepping this specific issue, takes God out of the loupe ,men placing them self where they do not belong.
Jesus did not put Peter in charge.
Nor does the pope speak for God.
The Holy Spirit Speaks For God. in the hearts and lives of those under Jesus Lordship.
Not the lordship of men.
I have known believers from many different faiths ,that don't look to scriptures, nor the approval of men, but seek God with their whole heart, and listen, and obey the Holy Spirit.
This is the unity in the spirit,
, not the making of an organization men design .
Jeramiah 31;31,32,33,34 ,

Old 11-27-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Dear Patrick,
It is not merely the failure of the catholic church alone but the distraction through out christianity.
Matthew 23;7,8,9,10,
These instruction are direct precise and eternal.
There is no excuse for this direct rebellion to God ,teaching men to ignore Jesus own words, even if it should come from one of the apostles them self.
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place. John 14;7,-21, 15;26,-27, 16;7,-15, 1John 2;20
Side stepping this specific issue, takes God out of the loupe ,men placing them self where they do not belong.
Jesus did not put Peter in charge.
Nor does the pope speak for God.
The Holy Spirit Speaks For God. in the hearts and lives of those under Jesus Lordship.
Not the lordship of men.
I have known believers from many different faiths ,that don't look to scriptures, nor the approval of men, but seek God with their whole heart, and listen, and obey the Holy Spirit.
This is the unity in the spirit,
, not the making of an organization men design .
Jeramiah 31;31,32,33,34 ,
Whoever said the pope speaks for God??

Old 11-27-2015, 07:31 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Patrick,

Does it bother you that you cannot provide proof for the existence of god or the truthfulness of the Bible?

Catholic catechism is certainly complex, and arguably well thought out, but without proof of God it is about as much use as arguing about Star Trek. Entertaining for those who are so inclined, but ultimately irrelevant to the actual world.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:44 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
James 5: 16 --

"The prayer of a righteous person has great power in its effects … "

So, yes …

Why NOT ask "Blessed Mary ever virgin, all the angels and saints, and you my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the LORD our God" … ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality