Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 01:42 PM

18,761 posts, read 11,851,191 times

Advertisements

Science made me lose faith in some super natural being who knows your every thought. That's just too creepy in my eyes. I believe in evolution and creationism, well, a pipe dream. Yes I was religious once upon a time, but knowledge is my religion now. Faith is for the naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 02:55 PM

18,256 posts, read 17,018,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
One's faith in an unchanging God doesn't change, because God is unchanging. Faith in other worldly things, even 'religion' is as unreliable as most things of this world.

God has given every person an inborn knowledge of His own eternal power and deity. Those who suppress that truth are without excuse before God. (Rom 1:18-20)

The things of God are foolishness to the natural man because they are Spiritually discerned (1 Cor 2:14)

Only the fool says in his heart, 'there is no God' (Psalms 53:1)

In spite of this, God still reaches out in grace and mercy ... to those who foolishly reject His ways and truths -- and even to those who brag about it!
JG, are you aware we haven't a single shred of proof Paul wrote Romans. He doesn't appear in any secular historical record we can find before roughly the 3rd century nor do his epistles, which weren't gathered together until the end of the 2nd century. So what you are quoting might have come from some scribe out in Saudi Arabia for all we know. And this you pin your faith on. Makes absolute sense in an insane sort of way, I suppose.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:16 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,935,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I have to admit ... both sides do it ozzy.

some theist are guilty.

its wash to me. I fear anti-religionist as much as religionist to tell ya truth my man.
I fear the anti-religious more.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:31 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,663,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I fear the anti-religious more.
for me, I look at both types running countries and don't see a winner.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:52 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,910,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
One's faith in an unchanging God doesn't change, because God is unchanging.
He certainly changes his mind!

Old 02-03-2019, 04:55 AM

50,131 posts, read 20,897,264 times
Quote:
for me, I look at both types running countries and don't see a winner.
You don't? Have you tried looking at the data?

Old 02-03-2019, 06:44 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,412,400 times
Interesting that the sense that god is reaching out/active in a person's life can be attributed to the person's psychological states and emotions, but not the sense that god isn't reaching out/is inactive...

Old 02-03-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Interesting that the sense that god is reaching out/active in a person's life can be attributed to the person's psychological states and emotions, but not the sense that god isn't reaching out/is inactive...
and that's what i though i saw you saying. I am not sure why people are so hard against the notion.

but let men try and clarify incase I am that just that far off ...

Is your base claim ... There is no possible way that the fralaties that we associate with being human are not in both camps. (atheist and theist)

Old 02-03-2019, 06:59 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,412,400 times
Quote:
and that's what i though i saw you saying. I am not sure why people are so hard against the notion.

but let men try and clarify incase I am that just that far off ...

Is your base claim ... There is no possible way that the fralaties that we associate with being human are not in both camps. (atheist and theist)
That was my first post on this thread, so you might have me confused with someone else. Also, I don't understand your question. But my point is just that if we're going to count one sense/feeling as veridical (telling us the truth about reality), why can't we/someone else count the opposite sense/feeling as veridical just the same?

Old 02-03-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You don't? Have you tried looking at the data?
I only do data.

Like I said, I hate injustice. I focus in the injustice not the hate. We can use hate to motivate us, that is just fine. The problem is when people like you are defining their lives on hate and not stopping injustice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality