Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2019, 10:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
So you've made a claim here. What do you have on offer to support it?
Your posts.

Your voluminous, empty posts.

You have no there, there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 10:15 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your posts.

Your voluminous, empty posts.

You have no there, there.
I'll see your "You emanate dishonesty and the proof is your posts" and raise you a "YOU'RE dishonest and the proof is YOUR posts"

Old 02-08-2019, 09:59 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

Only the fool says in his heart, 'there is no God' (Psalms 53:1)

In spite of this, God still reaches out in grace and mercy ... to those who foolishly reject His ways and truths -- and even to those who brag about it!
Can God forgive Christians who under Jesus' banner commit the most atrocious acts against children? I am thinking specifically of a news item I saw on KNBC reported by Kate Snow.

Quote:
Ungodly abuse: The lasting torment of the New Tribes missionary kids
The accused sexual predators are living freely in communities around the U.S., their sordid pasts known only to a few.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/religio...y-kids-n967191

I find it reprehensible to even consider how far God can stretch his forgiveness when the perpetrators are so blatantly unrepentant.

(Note: I did start a thread with this topic yesterday but I decided to withdraw it because I didn't feel the subject matter itself was relevant or worthy of a separate discussion in the religion and spirituality forum. Nevertheless it is an issue which, like the Catholic priest scandal, the Christian community must face and ultimately take responsibility.)

Old 02-08-2019, 10:10 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,578 times
Peasant, you're saying I should be nice to you for what reason? Secular humanism? LOL!!!

You know what secular humanism means?

There is no GOD!!!!

LOL!!!!

Cry. No one cares. There are no consequences for me!!!! I can KILL who I chose since I am an "accredited investor."

Old 02-08-2019, 10:33 AM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I'll see your "You emanate dishonesty and the proof is your posts" and raise you a "YOU'RE dishonest and the proof is YOUR posts"
You're not half as clever as you think you are.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:09 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Peasant, you're saying I should be nice to you for what reason? Secular humanism? LOL!!!

You know what secular humanism means?

There is no GOD!!!!

LOL!!!!

Cry. No one cares. There are no consequences for me!!!! I can KILL who I chose since I am an "accredited investor."
I’m not just saying this because I’m a theist: I hope that people like yourself continue to believe in God. It seems to be all that is keeping you from harming others.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I’m not just saying this because I’m a theist: I hope that people like yourself continue to believe in God. It seems to be all that is keeping you from harming others.
No, it's just that this lifestyle is a temporary illusion. It's simply not sustainable. Harming others is a return to normality.

It's coming back with a vengeance!

Old 02-08-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
No, it's just that this lifestyle is a temporary illusion. It's simply not sustainable. Harming others is a return to normality.

It's coming back with a vengeance!
What lifestyle?

Old 02-08-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What lifestyle?
Everything is great when you think you have a jar full of cookies. Maybe not so much when you realize there is nothing in there, but crumbs.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Everything is great when you think you have a jar full of cookies. Maybe not so much when you realize there is nothing in there, but crumbs.
What lifestyle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality