Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 10:29 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I don't see how Christians are "dictating" their values on others. They play by the same rules everyone else does.
Like hell they do!

Do atheists go around to Christians telling them,"Pardon me, sir but do you know that if you just throw Jesus into the trashcan you can live a very rewarding and fulfilling life without him?"

Please, give me a break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 10:35 AM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Like hell they do!

Do atheists go around to Christians telling them,"Pardon me, sir but do you know that if you just throw Jesus into the trashcan you can live a very rewarding and fulfilling life without him?"

Please, give me a break!
Let's face it, Ozzy is so deep into religion that he cannot even see the other side of any discussion, so he just dismisses every post that has a viewpoint that is different than his own.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
I don't see how Christians are "dictating" their values on others.
They play by the same rules everyone else does.
Well, I dunno that much about your history of posts here...so this is not personal, I plain can't rem your position, Ozzy.

-Have you ever told anyone they will go to hell?
-Have you ever written here that if they do not believe in Jesus as their Savior...they will not be saved...
or go to hell?
-Have you ever said here that the Bible is all true and if someone doesn't believe it is the actual Word from God Himself... they hate God or the Bible and they will not be saved and go to hell?

That might be what is called dictating.
Someone else might think it is simply 'stating their belief'....not dictating.

Rem, I mean no offense.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:05 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
I don't see how Christians are "dictating" their values on others. They play by the same rules everyone else does.
both sides claim the other is forcing morals on us.

and both sides are 1/2 correct.

what do we do about it?

Old 02-02-2019, 12:07 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,832,045 times
One's faith in an unchanging God doesn't change, because God is unchanging. Faith in other worldly things, even 'religion' is as unreliable as most things of this world.

God has given every person an inborn knowledge of His own eternal power and deity. Those who suppress that truth are without excuse before God. (Rom 1:18-20)

The things of God are foolishness to the natural man because they are Spiritually discerned (1 Cor 2:14)

Only the fool says in his heart, 'there is no God' (Psalms 53:1)

In spite of this, God still reaches out in grace and mercy ... to those who foolishly reject His ways and truths -- and even to those who brag about it!

Old 02-02-2019, 12:19 PM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
One's faith in an unchanging God doesn't change, because God is unchanging. Faith in other worldly things, even 'religion' is as unreliable as most things of this world.

God has given every person an inborn knowledge of His own eternal power and deity. Those who suppress that truth are without excuse before God. (Rom 1:18-20)

The things of God are foolishness to the natural man because they are Spiritually discerned (1 Cor 2:14)

In spite of this, God still reaches out in grace and mercy ... to those who foolishly reject His ways and truths -- and even to those who brag about it!
And here are the usual methods to make those in the religion not question their beliefs while pretending the outsiders are fools.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

well, the universe is always changing although conservation laws do seem to apply.

i reject a fundy christian religious type god.

if you reject that ... we can probably have a meaningful discussion.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:00 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Are you telling us that the following just sit around counting their prayer beads?????

Jerry Falwell and his Moral Majority
Robert Grant and his Christian Voice
Ed McAteer and his Religious Roundtable
James Dobson and his Focus On The Family
Paul Weyrich and his Free Congress Foundation and the Heritage Foundation
Pat Robertson and his Christian Broadcast Network
The Pulpit Freedom Institute
Family Research Council
Bob Jones University
Liberty University
Regent University
Christian Coalition

If Ozzy says that their activities and the millions of dollars they spend lobbying isn't an attempt to influence national and state public policy, then we have a liar in our midst. One would have be deaf and blind to not be aware of the religious right's attempts to influence public policy in this country.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Are you telling us that the following just sit around counting their prayer beads?????

Jerry Falwell and his Moral Majority
Robert Grant and his Christian Voice
Ed McAteer and his Religious Roundtable
James Dobson and his Focus On The Family
Paul Weyrich and his Free Congress Foundation and the Heritage Foundation
Pat Robertson and his Christian Broadcast Network
The Pulpit Freedom Institute
Family Research Council
Bob Jones University
Liberty University
Regent University
Christian Coalition

If Ozzy says that their activities and the millions of dollars they spend lobbying isn't an attempt to influence national and state public policy, then we have a liar in our midst. One would have be deaf and blind to not be aware of the religious right's attempts to influence public policy in this country.
fundy think type religionist and anti-religionist are a big problem for people everywhere.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I have to admit ... both sides do it ozzy.

some theist are guilty.

its wash to me. I fear anti-religionist as much as religionist to tell ya truth my man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality