Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 05:55 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Yes I have more and if you have given your opinion about the knocking star and the fly's wing cure, there are others who have not know about them yet others with independent hearts and independent brains and independent decision .
I ascribe my atheist to just that independence. I ascribe your adherence to a religious claim without anything credible or validated to back it up as just lacking that sort of independence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 01:04 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
thrillobyte started a string entitled "A Challenge for Christians: Show Us Your Very Best Proof For Jesus." That string was restricted to extra-Biblical evidence on the existence of Jesus however. So I began this string with no restrictions at all. You Christians who genuinely believe that Jesus was not only actually resurrected from the dead, but that he subsequently flew off up into the sky, please provide your best evidence and rationale for believing that to be true. And for those of you who consider this to be a trap, of course I intend to rebut your claims. But if your claims are valid, my efforts to rebut them will not only be useless, they will be obviously useless. So how can you lose? The only thing you have to fear, perhaps, is discovering that your reasons for believing that Jesus was resurrected from the dead were nothing but empty claims and baseless assertions all along. If your beliefs are nonsense, you would like to know that. Wouldn't you? Or is it a fact that you prefer to continue believing a comforting lie then to know the truth?

Simply establish that believing that Jesus was resurrected from the dead is a reasonable thing to believe. That's all I am asking for.
No one owes you any answer on what they believe or don't believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality