Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 02:10 AM

11,024 posts, read 5,989,338 times

Advertisements

Here is a detailed lunar image. The scars from the split are clearly visible, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 06:53 AM

2,777 posts, read 2,670,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You have to remember that the Maya and Aztecs were living LATER than when the Quran was first written. .
you have to remember what is in this link
Classic period (c. 250–900 AD)

The Classic period is largely defined as the period during which the lowland Maya raised dated monuments using the Long Count ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_c...80.93900_AD.29

you need to have some background about some of the major events in Islam then may be what is in one of links make sense

Mahammad was born in 570 A.D
at the age of 40 he got he message in 610 A.D in Mecca
his message in mecca lasted 13 years then he and his followers had to immigrate to medina because the
Persecution and torture from the non believers and leaders of mecca .

The split of the moon was in 623 A. D in the year the messenger immigrated to Medina and it is the same date that is in the link

"On the basis of the number sequences, the date of the first (and, what I am surmising, was the original change) is 9.9.9.16.0 or the Gregorian date of 9 February 623"

Quote:
You are going to have to do much, much better than that.
I will

Old 08-05-2017, 11:14 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Ok, that's a good response. I like that. So you are making a definite claim that this is a Maya character (not Aztec - they are as different as Poles and Spaniards) and could be a character based on the splitting moon as shown in that Persian minature (which I would guess is 13th c? ) and thus the Maya writing glyphs should be before 600 AD. Which they may be. I'l check.

Then of course I'll have to check that character in the maya character list and see wht it means. All that stuff about dragons and rabbits in the moon (I'm not sure that is a Mayan idea) bewildered me.

Get back to to you.

Uhhhh...

Already a bit of a problem. I looked up Maya gyphs and couldn't find it. The only two even similar meant 'To take office" and "And then..." I'll try to attach to a new post but I suppose I'd better look up Aztec glyphs. That llink which nlooks a whacky site anyway didn't quite seem to support a split moon but the Moon -rabbit legend, which is not I recall about splitting moons at al.

Any comment so far?

In order to relate to topic, if you can convince me that the moon split in Muhammad's day, you might be able to convince me of the resurrection.

But then of course, you Muslims don't believe that Jesus resurrected...or do you?

Just what are you trying to prove here anyway?

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-05-2017 at 11:54 AM..

Old 08-05-2017, 11:47 AM

Ha! It attached.

Well you see the symbol in your link and the 2 nearest maya glyphs. I did no better in the Aztec glyph -lists. You might want to chect the Zapotec scripts.

(after Rabbit in moon legends in Asia)

Similar legends occur in Mexican folklore, where people also identified
the markings on the Moon as a rabbit. According to an Aztec legend, the god Quetzalcoatl, then living on Earth as a man, started on a journey and, after walking for a long time, became hungry and tired. With no food or water around, he thought he would die. Then a rabbit grazing nearby offered herself as food to save his life. Quetzalcoatl, moved by the rabbit's noble offering, elevated her to the Moon, then lowered her back to Earth and told her, "You may be just a rabbit, but everyone will remember you; there is your image in light, for all people and for all times
."

This is Aztec, not Maya and has nothing to do with splitting the moon.

On dating, you are Ok, becauase the earliest maya glyphs are 3rd c or earlier. But the problem there would be that the glyph could only be found in scriopt after the 6th c or thereabouts. If before, then it can be nothing to do with splitting the moon.

I had a look at Aztec symbols which are often similar, but couldn't find that one (the site doesn't say which
it is, that I could find, which is a bit suspicious. Aztec is of course too late, but it is based on the Zapotec script is 300 Bc - 700 AD,
but there again, you'd need to have that symbol appear around 600 AD, not before
Comments?

Erratum. the first glyph means 'sky'. I found that looked a bit more similar than the glyph 'to take office'.
Attached Thumbnails
A Challenge for Christians: Show us your best evidence for believing that Jesus was resurrected-uhhhh.jpg  

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-05-2017 at 11:55 AM..

Old 08-05-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Any comment so far?

In order to relate to topic, if you can convince me that the moon split in Muhammad's day, you might be able to convince me of the resurrection.

But then of course, you Muslims don't believe that Jesus resurrected...or do you?

Just what are you trying to prove here anyway?

I am trying to prove that Jesus was not resurrected from the dead because he never died and he did not die yet
and he will die after the descending from heaven to the earth after he finish his mission.

and I am trying to prove that he flew off up into the sky by posting the following verses from The Holy Quran
And because of their saying (in boast),
"We killed Messiah 'ÃŽsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary),
the Messenger of Allah,"
but they killed him not, nor crucified him,
but it appeared so to them [the resemblance of 'ÃŽsa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)],
and those who differ therein are full of doubts.
They have no (certain) knowledge,
they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not. The Final Holy Book
But Allah raised him ['ÃŽsa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself
(and he عليه السلام is in the heavens).
And Allah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise. The Final Holy Book
and I am trying to prove using the Quran that Mahammad is really a messenger and Allah is the only god and what ever is mentioned about Jesus in the Quran is the true thing.

and regarding split the moon the Original Poster mentioned it and said not credible

and that why I am trying the evidences for it and other scientific and logical evidences from the Quran to prove that the Quran is from Allah the only god.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
You are going to have to do much, much better than that.
Moon Splitting (19 Proofs) A Miracle of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in this link >> 19_proves
it is enough to accept one of them and see the date of this Mosque in India 629 A.D it was built because
the moon split was seen in India by the King and the Indian King became a Muslim
and notice that the Muslim conquests of the Indian subcontinent was many years after this date and see this link INTERVIEW

Old 08-05-2017, 05:00 PM

Ok. 7th century. Rather like the sun dance at Fatima, it is odd that it wasn't reported as being seen anywhere else. In T'ang China you'd think they'd have written it down somewhere.

But there's still this problem that your only evidence is that symbol which I can't find in either Maya or Aztec (Zatopec) script and I suspect it is fabricated as the writer can't even tell us what it is or what it means.

And if it did exist and was in either script in 6th A.D or before, that means it is nothing to do with the moon splitting.

Do you see that you have got serious problems with this claim?

p.s

It's interesting to look up Cheraman Perumal, and the history of the mosque. It was apparently founded by an Arab muslim missionary, and a number of myths have grown up around it, several relating to the King of Kerala, including this moon splitting vision..

Why he should have then gone to aask the Muslim traders about this rather than consulting Brahmins is a puzzle, and the Hindus argue a number of objections based on lineage and dating.

So

the moon shows no signs of a break,
the story itself sounds highly improbable,
the savants of the land repudiate the story,
nobody else mentions the moon splitting at the time,
your attempt to support this miracle with a Mesoamerican glyph has run into problems.

I'd say you have had it with that one, chum.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-05-2017 at 05:51 PM..

Old 08-05-2017, 06:02 PM

Default back to Jesus (Finally)

So your claim is that Jesus was not crucified, but somebody who looked like him. Then the real Jesus strolled in and then was taken up into heaven.

Hmm.. It's interesting that Bible -debunkers have claimed that Jesus escaped crucifixion because a twin (Ddymus) took his place. (Buggered if I would no matter how much I looked like him) and we can presumably dismiss the exhibition of the holes in hands and feel by the real Jesus as a pack of lies, eh? Well, I think the resurrection appearance are a pack of lies, too.

Well, I'm happy with that. I'm not going to argue with you about that one.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:14 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
From the top of the page to this box, lol.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
From the top of the page to this box, lol.
Yes, it's a hoot but there's always a point. kicking the slats out of Truthwhisperer's moonsplitter claim undermines the credibility of the Quranic religion as surely as debunking the Ark, the resurrection -story or Fatima debunks the Genesis -literalist, Gospel -believer and Roman religions.

Incidentally, have you checked out that fine Moonpic for any narrative pictures put there by God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality