Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2017, 03:54 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times

Advertisements

I owe you many reps Tired of the Nonsense.

Last edited by 303Guy; 08-02-2017 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 04:52 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
In what form? Did he talk to you directly? If so, what did his voice sound like? .
there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things).The Holy Quran
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
And He told you this, how? .
By the only one who will have the permission for Intercession for his followers in Day of Resurrection.

Quote:
That's we're this is going. It is just the old relying on the Quran as the word of God, and anything that differs from it is wrong. .
The Quran is the only Holy Book that contains the exact words of Allah (In Arabic)

Quote:
I know we are here beating up on Christianity in its' worst form all the time, but even that is reasonable and open to discussion compared to Islam, as we see from SoothSeller, here.
But nay! I swear by that which you see,
And that which you do not see.
Most certainly, it is the Word bought by an honored Apostle,
And it is not the word of a poet; Little is it that you believe;
Nor the word of a soothsayer; Little is it that you mind.
It is a revelation from the Lord of the worlds.
And if he had fabricated against Us some of the sayings,
We would certainly have framed him by the right hand,
Then We would certainly have cut off his aorta.
And not one of you could have withheld Us from him.
And most certainly it is a reminder for those who guard (against evil).
And most certainly We know that some of you are redirecters.
And most certainly it is a great grief to the unbelievers.
And most certainly it is the true certainty
Herefore-glorify the name of your Lord, the Great. The Holy Quran

Old 08-02-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
But you see, we have been to the moon. The US currently has rover robots operating on Mars. We have telescopes that can peer billions of light years into space. There is no heaven to be observed "out there." .
have they reach to end of the space?

Quote:
Both the OT and the NT contain claims of events that are frankly silly. The story of Muhammad's night journey is just such a story. As is the story that Muhammad, in a demonstration of his power, once split the moon.
Quranic verses 54:1-2
The Hour has come near, and the moon has split [in two].
And if they see a miracle, they turn away and say, "Passing magic."
For unbelievability this claim compares well with the claim in the Book of Joshua that Joshua commanded the sun to stop in the sky for a full day. They simply are not credible.
split the moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
logic and analysis.

more than 1400 years ago the non believers wanted to find anything to use it against the prophet to destroy his message and they tried many different things

and one day they told him if you want us to believe then split the moon into two

the prophet asked Allah to split the moon
the moon was split into two

they could see one half above a mountain in the right
and the other half above another mountain in the left
and they could see a third mountain between the two half

but despite this big miracle the non believers did not believe

but they had to say something to make their hearts comfortable so they said this is magic

and their leader to be more logical and comfortable he said let us wait until the other people who will come soon to this city and we ask them if they could see the moon split into two because if Mohammed cast magic on us then he could not cast magic on all the people.

and when other people arrived to Mecca they asked them about the moon and they said yes we saw the moon split

then their leader said this is a continues magic.

Allah reveled these versus
The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain.
And if they behold a portent they turn away and say: Prolonged illusion.
They denied (the Truth) and followed their own lusts. Yet everything will come to a decision
And surely there hath come unto them news whereof the purport should deter,
Effective wisdom; but warnings avail not.
So withdraw from them (O Muhammad) on the day when the Summoner summoneth unto a painful thing.
With downcast eyes, they come forth from the graves as they were locusts spread abroad, The Holy Quran.
The non believers and their leaders did not deny that.

If the moon was not really split then the non believers would say Muhammad says in the Quran that the moon was split and we said it Prolonged illusion.
And they would say Muhammad is a liar .

But because what happened was true then they did not comments on

Old 08-02-2017, 07:40 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
have they reach to end of the space?
Nope. And they never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller
more than 1400 years ago the non believers wanted to find anything to use it against the prophet to destroy his message and they tried many different things

and one day they told him if you want us to believe then split the moon into two

the prophet asked Allah to split the moon
the moon was split into two

they could see one half above a mountain in the right
and the other half above another mountain in the left
and they could see a third mountain between the two half

but despite this big miracle the non believers did not believe

but they had to say something to make their hearts comfortable so they said this is magic

and their leader to be more logical and comfortable he said let us wait until the other people who will come soon to this city and we ask them if they could see the moon split into two because if Mohammed cast magic on us then he could not cast magic on all the people.

and when other people arrived to Mecca they asked them about the moon and they said yes we saw the moon split

then their leader said this is a continues magic.

Allah reveled these versus
They denied (the Truth) and followed their own lusts. Yet everything will come to a decision
And surely there hath come unto them news whereof the purport should deter,
Effective wisdom; but warnings avail not.
So withdraw from them (O Muhammad) on the day when the Summoner summoneth unto a painful thing.
With downcast eyes, they come forth from the graves as they were locusts spread abroad, The Holy Quran.
The non believers and their leaders did not deny that.

If the moon was not really split then the non believers would say Muhammad says in the Quran that the moon was split and we said it Prolonged illusion.
And they would say Muhammad is a liar .

But because what happened was true then they did not comments on

Basically what this is saying is that the believers in the prophet proclaimed that they saw the moon split in two. Which in fact is EXACTLY like the disciples of Jesus proclaiming that they saw the risen Jesus. And since no one that DIDN'T see the moon split in two denied it at the time, the story of the moon splitting in to must be true. That very thing happened again last night in fact. I DIDN'T stay up all night watching the moon, so I cannot deny that it split in two.

Much in the same way that no one around the world left any record of a day in which the sun simply failed to go down for about a full day. Or simply failed to come up for a full day, depending upon which side of the planet they were on. Personally, that would have alarmed me. But maybe they just accepted it as a good chance to get some extra sleep.

All things considered however, declaring that the moon was split in two is a historical event because no one denied it at the time is very much like declaring that God is real because no one can prove that He is not. It's a bit of logical slight of hand that only a true believer could conceive of and attempt to sustain.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Nope. And they never will. .
that is one of the reasons they could not see heaven.

Quote:
Basically what this is saying is that the believers in the prophet proclaimed that they saw the moon split in two. Which in fact is EXACTLY like the disciples of Jesus proclaiming that they saw the risen Jesus. And since no one that DIDN'T see the moon split in two denied it at the time, the story of the moon splitting in to must be true. That very thing happened again last night in fact. I DIDN'T stay up all night watching the moon, so I cannot deny that it split in two. .
I did not say that logic
I said the Quran mentioned the moon split and the Quran mentioned the non believers saw that and mentioned that they said it is magic and Prolonged illusion.
and no one from the non believers said that what recorded in the Quran regarding moon split is a lie.

also the moon split was seen in India and china and other places and here is one of the evidences.

...As is well known in Kerala, on a moon-lit night the king while walking on the rooftop of his palace along with the queen saw the moon suddenly splitting into two halves. Later he came to know through the Arab traders that.. INTERVIEW

Old 08-03-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
that is one of the reasons they could not see heaven.

I did not say that logic
I said the Quran mentioned the moon split and the Quran mentioned the non believers saw that and mentioned that they said it is magic and Prolonged illusion.
and no one from the non believers said that what recorded in the Quran regarding moon split is a lie.

also the moon split was seen in India and china and other places and here is one of the evidences.

...As is well known in Kerala, on a moon-lit night the king while walking on the rooftop of his palace along with the queen saw the moon suddenly splitting into two halves. Later he came to know through the Arab traders that.. INTERVIEW
Coincidentally, or perhaps not so coincidentally, the Indian king who who made this claim was an early convert to Islam.

But I feel I have achieved my purpose. Which was to provide the Islamic story of the splitting of the moon, a "fact" accepted as an unquestioned historical event by Muslims, as an example of just how Christians who accept without question that the followers of Jesus could not possibly have made up the story about seeing the risen Jesus fly off up into the sky, and who claim that the resurrection of Jesus is an unquestioned historical event, appear to non believers.

Last edited by Tired of the Nonsense; 08-03-2017 at 10:42 AM..

Old 08-03-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina
I watched a documentary recently about this eye surgeon who traveled into North Korea to perform 1,000 cataract surgeries in only 10 days. Some of the patients were interviewed before their surgery. One old woman was asked, "What is the most difficult thing about your blindness?"

She came out with the most incredible and downright sad thing I've heard in awhile: "The most difficult thing is that I can't see my Dear Leader!"

This surgeon did manage to perform all 1,000 surgeries. Do you know what each and every patient did when they could see again? They ran up to the front of the room where a picture of Kim Il-Jung was hanging and literally fell to the floor and praised the Dear Leader, thanking *him* for being able to see again. They bowed and scraped with their noses to the floor as if that crazy loon (Kim Il-Jung) was a god.

I actually became a bit misty-eyed at watching these poor, deluded people who are so heavily brainwashed by those ridiculous Kims that they couldn't even thank the doctor because that would be taking credit away from the Dear Leader.
In this country many of these "poor deluded people" would gave given all credit to God, rather than the surgeon. But somehow that is entirely different.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:01 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
just more liars making up your own fantasy history just like your scientist do. your applying standards you could never apply to anyone else in history ... but you do it because for now you have free will.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:12 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
just more liars making up your own fantasy history just like your scientist do. your applying standards you could never apply to anyone else in history ... but you do it because for now you have free will.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
A couple of points. First, name a single other event in history that is commonly and widely regarded as historically factual, which is based on a supernatural claim.

Second, where exactly has anyone been promised free will?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality