Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 10:56 AM

2,777 posts, read 2,670,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Since your efforts to show the Quran is trustworthy in verifiable science have failed,

it is not failed and that is only what seems your advanced decision and wish because when I post
something direct and has no other interpretation you find difficulties to justify it and ignore it
such as when the Quran mentioned that the roman will win in 3 to 9 years and that was accurate 100% .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 07:23 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
it is not failed and that is only what seems your advanced decision and wish because when I post
something direct and has no other interpretation you find difficulties to justify it and ignore it
such as when the Quran mentioned that the roman will win in 3 to 9 years and that was accurate 100% .
Chum, you are by no means the first to ignore reasons given why I do not find your arguments persuasive and accuse me of 'ignoring' it.

Haven't you ignored my posts showing that the Quran is sadly lacking in accurate scientific knowledge? And I'll bet you didn't even look at the site.

Instead you bang on about a prophecy that is likely retrospective if not allowing of a different interpretation.

Now you can be convinced if you want, but you have to come up with something much better to convince me. It has Failed to do so.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:02 PM

another evidence for the Quran

the sun is bigger than the moon but from the earth sometimes the moon looks very big which make person 1400 years ago judge that the moon is bigger than the sun

but because the Quran is from Allah mentioned that the sun is bigger
When he saw the moon rising up, he said: "This is my lord." But when it set, he said: "Unless my Lord guides me, I shall surely be among the people who went astray."
When he saw the sun rising up, he said: "This is my lord. This is greater." But when it set, he said: "O my people! I am indeed free from all that you join as partners (in worship with Allah).The Holy Quran

Old 08-12-2017, 02:55 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:

the sun is bigger than the moon but from the earth sometimes the moon looks very big which make person 1400 years ago judge that the moon is bigger than the sun

When he saw the moon rising up, he said: "This is my lord." But when it set, he said: "Unless my Lord guides me, I shall surely be among the people who went astray."
When he saw the sun rising up, he said: "This is my lord. This is greater." But when it set, he said: "O my people! I am indeed free from all that you join as partners (in worship with Allah).The Holy Quran

The sun is about 90 million miles away. The moon only about a quarter of a million miles away. From this perspective the moon and the body of the sun appear roughly the same size. In fact some of us here in the US are about to experience a total eclipse of the sun in which the moon almost exactly covers the sun. At no point does the moon ever appear larger than the sun. Most of the time the sun's corona makes the sun appear massively larger than the moon. Which it is.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The sun is about 90 million miles away. The moon only about a quarter of a million miles away..
From this perspective the moon and the body of the sun appear roughly the same size.
who knew that 1400 years ago

Quote:
In fact some of us here in the US are about to experience a total eclipse of the sun in which the moon almost exactly covers the sun. At no point does the moon ever appear larger than the sun. Most of the time the sun's corona makes the sun appear massively larger than the moon. Which it is.
in some places in sometimes the moon is very very big and the sun is nothing to it as seen in this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apxLUNu77IE

Old 08-12-2017, 04:41 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
who knew that 1400 years ago

in some places in sometimes the moon is very very big and the sun is nothing to it as seen in this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apxLUNu77IE
The moon is a big dead rock. It has no ability to swell or deflate. It often appears larger when it is near the horizon than it does in mid sky. This is simply an optical illusion. As is the fact that it sometimes appears to take on colors. The moon has is only one color, but as we see it through layers of atmosphere it can appear to change size and take on colors. The problem is our perspective on the moon as seen from the earth. The moon itself is perfectly consistent.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:14 PM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:

Of course the sun looks greater than the moon. It is way brighter!

The moon always appears larger near the horizon. Sometimes more so than other times. But no-one who ever lived only saw the moon near the horizon. Most of the time it appears roughly the same size as the sun, high in the sky. The sun also appears larger near the horizon by the way - as everyone has observed.

Last edited by 303Guy; 08-12-2017 at 06:48 PM..

Old 08-12-2017, 06:46 PM

another evidence from the Quran about the moon is about the cause of the phases of the moon

What is the mechanism that makes the moon changes its shape ?
Who discovered it and when

The moon orbit the earth in 29.5 days ,
in the middle of the month the moon faces the sun completely as we see it from earth
and that makes the moon full
at the end of the month the back of the moon faces the sun completely as we see it from earth
and that makes the moon fully dark
and the next day when the moon continue its orbit around the earth we see it as crescent as an old shrivelled palm-leaf (Metaphor for the crescent)

The Holy Quran summarized that in one short verse more than 1400 years ago
And for the moon We have appointed mansions till she return like an old shrivelled palm-leaf. The Holy Quran. 36:39

Old 08-12-2017, 06:49 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Gentlemen, you are correct. The failure of the writer of the Quran to understand the facts that science has discovered and rather puts the mistaken views of the people of the time, is another proof that it is the work of men.

Quote:
another evidence from the Quran about the moon is about the cause of the phases of the moon

What is the mechanism that makes the moon changes its shape ?
Who discovered it and when

The moon orbit the earth in 29.5 days ,
in the middle of the month the moon faces the sun completely as we see it from earth
and that makes the moon full
at the end of the month the back of the moon faces the sun completely as we see it from earth
and that makes the moon fully dark
and the next day when the moon continue its orbit around the earth we see it as crescent as an old shrivelled palm-leaf (Metaphor for the crescent)

And for the moon We have appointed mansions till she return like an old shrivelled palm-leaf. The Holy Quran. 36:39
More of the same. Everyone could see the moon apparently changed shape. The explanation was, I suppose, known in Ptolemy's Alexandria, so if the 7th c Muslims knew it, that would not be a wonder, but the quote just seems to refer to the changing shape with no explanation other than "Allah says it will be that way".
That is; they understood less than the 1st c Greeks.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:50 PM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Does that sound like scientific knowledge to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality