Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2018, 08:06 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
As a punishment, you're required to explain this series of posts to gabfest.
It would be more fruitful for you to share your notion of proper guidance as you stated you are a guide for the misguided, and this is the R/S forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 08:07 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Trinity is how primitive men who were ignorant of the actual basis for personhood tried to explain that Jesus embodied God. You see, we are conversing with jencam but we are NOT conversing with jencam's BODY. We are conversing with the PERSON (personality) who IS the actual jencam. That PERSON is jencam's consciousness. Jesus possessed the consciousness of God in His physical body which why when we understand the "mind of Christ" we understand the mind of God. God IS Spirit (consciousness). God IS Holy. God's Holy Spirit is NOT a separate "person" it is God's state of mind. Jesus possessed God's state of mind in His human consciousness that is how they are ONE, NOT as three sep[arate persons, but as one mind.
That's pretty biblical I think.

But any kind of religious skeptic is going to call it nonsense. Which tells me that skeptics are not that bright since they all seem to read the Bible like a 6 year old. Preferably with cartoon pictures.

Old 12-07-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That's pretty biblical I think.

But any kind of religious skeptic is going to call it nonsense. Which tells me that skeptics are not that bright since they all seem to read the Bible like a 6 year old. Preferably with cartoon pictures.
Well, poo poo on you, too.

Old 12-07-2018, 08:14 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Well, poo poo on you, too.
That's the truth. They read the Bible like 6 year olds. They seem to have no literary knowledge. If they really wanted to debate anyone on the Bible at their own level, then a kindergarten class would be the perfect place for them to find worthy candidates. And the great thing is that there will always be a new class of candidates each year, as the previous year's class become jaded first graders who sadly begin to learn about the art of stories and lose their innocence.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:08 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
It would be more fruitful for you to share your notion of proper guidance as you stated you are a guide for the misguided, and this is the R/S forum.
Well, here's an example of some guidance I'll provide: Try to rise above posts such as, "Well, poo poo on you, too."

Old 12-07-2018, 09:10 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Baptistā€™s believe all three are the same deity, just different representations of it.

What other denominations do not believe in the Trinity besides Jehovahā€™s and Mormons?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontrinitarianism

Further, individuals within some denominations that profess belief in the Trinity via the Nicene Creed do not believe the Trinity to be more than a human construct or personification of God, even when their church proclaims adherence to the Nicene Creed.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:14 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I'm always glad when someone brings this up.

In my home town we were somewhat famous for the "churches on the four corners". At the main intersection of our small town were four churches -- the Methodist, the Presbyterian, the Episcopal, and the Baptist. One block away was the Catholic church. In other places there was the Assembly Of God. And...oh yes...as the town where Mormonism was founded, we also had (at that time) a small Mormon church. Do you think that the good christians of Palmyra could sit down and pray together? Nope. Petty differences and squabbles prevented that. Oh, some years they would hold an ecumenical service that almost nobody attended, and then the other 98% of the year they divided themselves back up and said unkind things about the other congregations.

So when I hear christians talk about christianity, my first thought is about -- as you point out -- which version of christianity in a terribly divided belief system.
Oh, it was worse in the town where I grew up. The majority of the population was of Dutch descent, as were the two main denominations in town, both descendants of the Dutch Reformed Church, a Calvinist denomination.
'
There was the Reformed Church of America (RCA) and the Christian Reformed Church (CRC). I grew up in the former, but both were pretty sure that the other one and its congregants were WRONG. It had to do with some obscure point of doctrine that I never quite got.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:34 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
Christian is found in the bible and that is where you also find the definition
It's not rocket science.

We don't worry about what others claim. Go to the source to find the truth
Why would the Bible be the source? It was cobbled together (including some major Christian sects, excluding others) in various cannons much AFTER Jesus is said to have started his Messianic Jewish movement (of one many, many others). The religion was merely Jewish (but not named, just like Roman and Greek religions and Persian religions)and didn't ask anyone to be anything except "correctly and liberally Jew or Gentile."

Old 12-07-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Well, here's an example of some guidance I'll provide: Try to rise above posts such as, "Well, poo poo on you, too."
That's the first time you've actually acted as though you could have been a principal somewhere, IRL.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:01 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
That's the first time you've actually acted as though you could have been a principal somewhere, IRL.
I usually don't have to when I'm dealing with adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality