Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2019, 06:50 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And we've already seen what happens in history when atheists get power and become leaders. Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot. Rivers of blood. Might as well start digging those mass graves if atheists are going to take over. Because if we adopt a society that rules completely under logic and reason, how long would it be before people who can't contribute to society like the weak and elderly are eliminated by law? Because that's the logical thing to do especially if you have limited resources. The world needs empathy and love. That's how you built a better world.
Lying Plutocrat Atheists, pseudothiests, and psychopathic theists have been your leaders since the dawn of time. The only difference has been when Honest Atheists get to power only because the majority of the Physically Empowered People are angry at the Plutocrats and the Forced Lies and Division and want to see blood and pain equal to their imagined and felt suffering.

It takes an army officer to do an army officer's job.

So what happened in Indonesia when Goodyear wanted to secure it's cheap rubber supply? No paid-death-squads of retarded armed Muslims who believed the Capitalist Christian lies? No death of 1 million labor union members and the enslavement of the rest?

Honestly.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:05 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You atheists think it's just WONDERFUL the idea of atheism taking over, and the world will be a much better place right? In reality it's more the scene in The Shining where Jack Nicholson is sitting on the bed with his son and tells him, "I would never do anything to hurt you Danny", while Bartok's Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta is playing in the background.

Unfortunately I'm not kidding. I wish I was. That's exactly what this deluded idea is like.
Reality?

You believe a snake and donkey talked.

You know nothing of reality

Old 04-11-2019, 07:11 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You have your tinfoil hat on, Ozzy? Cuz this is full on crazy.
Trolling rigs are out

Old 04-11-2019, 07:18 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
You atheists think it's just WONDERFUL the idea of atheism taking over, and the world will be a much better place right? In reality it's more the scene in The Shining where Jack Nicholson is sitting on the bed with his son and tells him, "I would never do anything to hurt you Danny", while Bartok's Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta is playing in the background.

Unfortunately I'm not kidding. I wish I was. That's exactly what this deluded idea is like.
In truth I would very happy if fundamentalis of all religions vanished as well as anybody that uses religion as a weapon rather than a tool. That would go for any atheists who want religion outlawed as well. Maybe you would find this not a world you would like but I think most other believers and non believers would find it better. And Jeff, I am referring to fundamentalism where followers demand all others to obey their strict rules and laws. They usually have little respect for other religions and none at all for atheists. And they exist within all religions.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:29 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
In truth I would very happy if fundamentalis of all religions vanished as well as anybody that uses religion as a weapon rather than a tool. That would go for any atheists who want religion outlawed as well. Maybe you would find this not a world you would like but I think most other believers and non believers would find it better. And Jeff, I am referring to fundamentalism where followers demand all others to obey their strict rules and laws. They usually have little respect for other religions and none at all for atheists. And they exist within all religions.
I'm pretty much Religious Freedom. Leave people alone to believe or not believe as they choose.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
I'm pretty much Religious Freedom. Leave people alone to believe or not believe as they choose.
So are most sane people on the planet: atheists, agnostics, Christians, Muslims, Hindus,Wiccans, pagans et al.

Only fundies actively try to get people to alter their beliefs.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:47 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
So are most sane people on the planet: atheists, agnostics, Christians, Muslims, Hindus,Wiccans, pagans et al.

Only fundies actively try to get people to alter their beliefs.
By that definition, I remember encountering several atheist fundies when I first attended a Unitarian church. At least two on the very visit. Personally I'm glad that they put that seed of doubt out there. Being adventurous, I ventured on that road which I soon found led to nowhere. I wouldn't have know that it didn't go anywhere unless they had not invited me on the journey to begin with. Now I know.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:28 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Interesting few posts. Jeff trots out the old favourites that atheism will lead to Stalin and euthanasia - sure - if you think atheism is what Jeff sees it as - and references an article that denies the rise of irreligion. And there will be such articles in a few years' time when irreligion is 75% of the American vote and religion is being eased out of the educational boards.

I'm happy for Ozzy that his encounter with that pink unicorn, the 'atheist fundie' when there is no Dogma to be Fundie about, and dismissing the seed of doubt that did not give him what he was looking for, ensured that he found what did. I can only say that I'm thankful that what I found enabled to me to think profoundly differently.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:28 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And for the other side of the story:

https://thefederalist.com/2018/01/22...wing-stronger/

I wouldn't be surprised if the survey referenced in the OP didn't bother to survey anyone from the south. Of course not.
First of all, Jeff, the GSS is used as a major source of information for your article. That is the same one shown in the OP.

Did you actually read the study? Seriously, did you?

If you did, rather than me telling you what it says, why don't you tell us. Does it show the nones increasing? Of course it does, it uses the SAME GSS information I posted in the OP.

So, what does the study in your article actually say, Jeff?

Old 04-11-2019, 08:33 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Interesting few posts. Jeff trots out the old favourites that atheism will lead to Stalin and euthanasia - sure - if you think atheism is what Jeff sees it as - and references an article that denies the rise of irreligion. And there will be such articles in a dew years' time when irreligion is 75% of the American vote and religion is being eased out of the educational boards.

I'm happy for Ozzy that his encounter with that pink unicorn, the 'atheist fundie' when there is no Dogma to be Fundie about, and dismissing the seed of doubt that did not give him what he was looking for, he found what did. I can only say that I'm thankful that what I found enabled to me to think profoundly differently.
Why are you even here if you have heard all the arguments before? Looks like a colossal waste of time. Especially if you believe there is nothing beyond this life. The clock is ticking if that is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality