Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2019, 06:44 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
That would be the complete opposite of what phetori said, hence their second sentence. <3
Yes, that would be my normal attitude also, but this person is too biased for me to believe that. I don't object to a person who has issues with religion, but I can't just stand by and watch the bias against Christianity that some people have, without saying something.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:55 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Loved to see this in our local newspaper. Things are looking up when you can't get enough people out in the middle of a bible belt to bible study.

The true Good News,

Perfect!

Old 04-10-2019, 07:33 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Of course you are only talking about your version of the "truth".
No, not really. People should believe as they wish. But pushing others to believe the same thing is not kosher.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:35 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Yes, that would be my normal attitude also, but this person is too biased for me to believe that. I don't object to a person who has issues with religion, but I can't just stand by and watch the bias against Christianity that some people have, without saying something.
The question is -- is there value in what you are saying.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:06 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Loved to see this in our local newspaper. Things are looking up when you can't get enough people out in the middle of a bible belt to bible study.

The true Good News,

Perfect!
And what is your good news exactly? You live, consume resources, hope that one of a thousands of things that can go wrong instantly and destroy any semblance of happiness immediately doesn't happen on a daily basis? Oh and then you die and become worm food. Yeah great news there.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And what is your good news exactly? You live, consume resources, hope that one of a thousands of things that can go wrong instantly and destroy any semblance of happiness immediately doesn't happen on a daily basis? Oh and then you die and become worm food. Yeah great news there.
The worms aren't complaining.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:32 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Trans, if Jeff hasn't blocked you then it's probably because you usually give people a good first impression.
But, surely he knows me better, by now

Quote:
Of course you are only talking about your version of the "truth".
The one based on validated science, what the Bible says and sound logic, rather than diddled science, what the Bible 'ought' to say and reversed logic like 'God is true until disproved'.

Quote:
It's surprising how worthwhile a life can be lived with what you have if one does not spend all their time eagerly expecting a huge lottery win which has little chance of happening.

What I'm saying - what we atheists and humanists say - is make the most of this life and leave a doubtful next one to look after itself.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-10-2019 at 09:42 PM..

Old 04-10-2019, 09:37 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Actually, everything she said is true. That is how the forum works (there is even a "report" feature for meany-head bullies and an "ignore" feature for hiding away from any exposure). In fact, that is how the forum started for me when I was Agnostic Agnostic. It was majority religio-babble "contamination" from Christians trying to cut each other's throats (verbally speaking) with quotes.

Now they seem content to dehumanize us "believers in other, better things" together, and ignore each other's supposed (although totally imaginary) faults.

When I first started in General Religion forums as a Agnostic Theist (and I've participated in a few, although a previous stand-alone one had a great more deal of pagans and "Left hand" Satanists than this one) I was previously taught to hate and fear Atheists and to be prejudiced against them. However, I soon found out that I was lied about Theism and Atheism by Monotheist Christians. However, the Atheists there were doing the same pro-science anti-all-religion-and-illogic stuff over there too. But they were the saner and most open-minded and patient of the "sects."

The same thing had occurred previously with their lies against Genetic and Phenotypic Evolution of Populations.

Nothing to Motivate someone like Emotion though, and nothing to remove Inhibition like Ignorance.
Thank you for the unsolicited testimonial (cheque is in the post). We may not always agree with you or you with us, but exchanges are always amicable.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:18 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
We have one life to live. I live mine in the best way and to the fullest I can. When I become worm food, I will be giving back, feeding plants which may feed other animals, and perhaps eventually feed another living human being. How cool is that? No magic crackers needed even!

But back on topic, the good news that even in the bible belt I live in, the evangelical group can not get enough together for a bible study. One can rejoice! The subjugation and propaganda efforts stopped due to lack of interest.

I couldn't be happier. Perhaps my discussions with my neighbors are working.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:24 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Do you really expect others to fully respect your worldview when you only dish out disrespect for the worldview of others? I really don't care who started it, I do know that you gave no respect to atheists, liberal Christians and all non Christians before I signed up on these forums.

At least most of us will make the most of our opportunities while alive enjoying our friends and families, including our furry family members. We will find meaning in our life and do what we can to make differences to those we interact with. Maybe I will become nothing more than worm food, but until I do die I will strive to make this life worth living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality