Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2023, 07:27 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,791,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
I'm not interested in replying to what you say, for it's only personal insults and not a doctrinal one. It is hard to respond to posts such as yours because it's not based on reality or facts.
PHET didn't post to you. *I* did.

If you can't even read this forum correctly, why in the WORLD would anyone trust that you read the bible correctly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2023, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I don't play the game the many of you do. I don't try to silence others.
Christ behaved NOTHING like you do.

Old 05-06-2023, 08:45 PM

4,085 posts, read 877,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
You are not qualified to judge me.

Old 05-06-2023, 08:46 PM

Quote:
PHET didn't post to you. *I* did.

If you can't even read this forum correctly, why in the WORLD would anyone trust that you read the bible correctly?
You are the one who can't read correctly.

Old 05-06-2023, 09:46 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Quote:
She is not judging you. She is merely pointing out that the Jesus described and revealed in the Bible acted nothing like YOU! That makes Jesus your judge and standard, NOT Mink. Ask yourself why you do NOT act like Jesus if you believe in Him? You WOULD act more like Him if you actually believed in Him and NOT the Bible.

Old 05-06-2023, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
She is not judging you. She is merely pointing out that the Jesus described and revealed in the Bible acted nothing like YOU! That makes Jesus your judge and standard, NOT Mink. Ask yourself why you do NOT act like Jesus if you believe in Him? You WOULD act more like Him if you actually believed in Him and NOT the Bible.
Stop derailing the thread and telling me what you think about me because you are wrong and I am not the topic.

Old 05-07-2023, 04:51 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
People, you made over 70 posts in this thread in the past 24 hours. That's a lot for the moderators to keep up with. Now we have a report saying this thread has gotten filled with too much bickering personal attacks, remarks directed toward each other instead of the issues, and nobody is trying to learn from the others. Here are some of the posts from the past day:

Quote:
You are bonding with each over falsely judging me because I speak the truth and it bothers both of you.
Just stop with the "I speak the truth" business. As each and every one of you does, you speak your opinions and interpretations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
This is an example of what's often called a "persecution complex".
Quote:
You can't stop with the insults can you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm offering a mirror as to how others see you. Use it instead of always insisting we take your beliefs.
Quote:
Just more silly insults from you.
Quote:
Jeez-luhEEZ. If a non-Christian said 'hello' to you, you'd take it as an insult.

Seriously, give UP your rants...
Quote:
Stop yourself. You probably can't.
Quote:
It's obvious that *YOU* can't...
Quote:
There you go again.
This exchange added nothing to the discussion. Now, quit claiming to be insulted at every turn. If your skin isn't tough enough to withstand the remarks made on an Internet forum, you might want to stop posting. Rule to live by: Don't be easily offended, and try to avoid offending.

Quote:
I am talking about the God of the Bible.

People having an "experience" that goes against God in the Bible is important to tell them.

It is mine and it is FROM GOD.

Stop trying to stop me from talking you hypocrite.

Mystic goes around telling me all the time I am wrong. Go shoo.
You are talking about your opinion, or your interpretation of the God of the Bible.
Nobody is trying to stop you from posting. Should someone try, you may ignore them. If someone needs to be stopped from posting, the moderators are able to handle that task.

Quote:
God of the Bible? Heck, if you actually STUDIED the Bible, you'd know what God's TRUTH is...

Who SEZ it's going against God's Word? YOU?

God never got to Revelations and said, "O.K. I've said enough. I'll stop HERE." I mean, come ON!!!!

No, it's from YOU.

Hypocrite? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL etc. !

Keep spewing your "Christian" wrath.

And you wonder WHY some people become atheists...
Quote:
I am not interested.

You want to attack me but are quieter than a mouse to all the God haters who speak against God and Jesus Christ.
Nobody is attacking you. They are attacking what you wrote. That IS NOT the same thing. If you think it is, refer to the "Rule to live by."

Quote:
I can't read what you posted.
Quote:
I'm not interested in reading what you post. I try and can't.
Quote:
I'm not interested in replying to what you say, for it's only personal insults and not a doctrinal one. It is hard to respond to posts such as yours because it's not based on reality or facts.
If you choose not to reply, that is you option. Just scroll on by, or put the member on Ignore. Generally speaking, saying you are not going to reply adds virtually nothing to the conversation.

Quote:
I don't play the game the many of you do. I don't try to silence others.
Nobody is trying to silence you.

Quote:
Nobody is qualified to judge anther person's sins. Let's all try to be nice to each other.

Quote:
You are the one who can't read correctly.
That can easily be interpreted as a personal attack. In our forum rules, we have cautioned people against making remarks about a person's intelligence or possibly needing medication. Infractions have, and will, be issued for such remarks.

Quote:
Stop derailing the thread and telling me what you think about me because you are wrong and I am not the topic.
If you think somebody is derailing a thread, please report the post. The moderators are here to deal with such issues.

Now, Do NOT reply to this message. This is a moderator warning to correct how this thread (and others) have been running. The only way to respond to a moderator warning is by Direct Message.

Old 05-07-2023, 08:30 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Long before the attempts to derail the thread, I made a few posts demonstrating why I find the evidence astonishing that a God who purportedly claims to care about Christians in fact doesn't care at all. I demonstrated that God

1. Never manifests himself in this world by any scientific measurement, instead only manifests in the minds of Christians where as we know all sorts of crazy and nonsensical things go on--I mean just look at the patients in any laughing academy.

2. Didn't leave even a smidgeon of evidence for his purported son, Jesus when he could have left a Library of Congress of writings about Jesus from reputable scholars outside of Judaism and Christianity attesting to a "Jesus Christ" who was crucified and rose.

3. Doesn't perform any miracles or answer any prayers of Christians that can be scientifically verified as being real.

In all this no Christian in here ever responded to these specific charges because they were incapable of proving them false. Instead they just make personal insults and bicker and make deliberate attempts to get a thread that exposes Christianity locked.

I said once before and this proves it: atheists put the evidence for "God doesn't care" on the line. Read points 1,2,and 3. All Christians can do is subvert this solid evidence with subterfuge and confusion as you have witnessed.

Old 05-07-2023, 02:39 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times
Quote:
Who says God DIDN'T make us in that image?
Who is to say anything about anything (but then why post); elaborate why you believe/think a god would create folks in his image (with feelings) in order to intelligently discuss your opposing viewpoint. From my perspective, it simply doesn’t make rational sense a god would have feelings (love or empathy) while simultaneously neglecting the poor, the sick and so on. Neither does it make sense, per the thread, a god wouldn’t care (about Christianity) or would be capable of feeling hate or anger. It’s not very ‘godly’.

In other words, why believe in a god who doesn’t care about (or favors) Christianity and who judges some folks as less worthy than others i.e. one goes to hell while another goes to heaven. It isn’t rational, particularly if you believe a god created our physiological being (as you apparently do, given your repeated comments). Why give us the ability to hate, then tell us not to? Why give us the ability to reason there is no god, then punish us in eternity for doing so? Conversely, it’s illogical a god would be entirely neutral or indifferent as well. How would he effectively ‘judge/rule’ sans an emotional component i.e. ‘knowing what’s in our hearts’, per your post.

Hence, he’s either biased (and making emotionally-based decisions in favor of some and against others) or he is entirely neutral/no emotion. What is the point of (believing in) either?

Old 05-08-2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Who is to say anything about anything (but then why post); elaborate why you believe/think a god would create folks in his image (with feelings) in order to intelligently discuss your opposing viewpoint.
Fair enough.

Quote:
From my perspective, it simply doesn’t make rational sense a god would have feelings (love or empathy) while simultaneously neglecting the poor, the sick and so on. Neither does it make sense, per the thread, a god wouldn’t care (about Christianity) or would be capable of feeling hate or anger. It’s not very ‘godly’.
What may not seem 'rational' to you, may make perfect sense in the 'grand scheme' of things. While it may seem like we have a vast amount of knowledge, our knowledge is that of a grain of sand on a beach of sand, when it comes to comparing our knowledge to God's.

God cares more about our spiritual welfare than our material welfare. If God knows that if He made a certain poor person wealthy, would that be best for the poor person's spiritual welfare? Perhaps as that person is poor, they would use their Free Will to depend on God. But if they became wealthy, they would misuse their Free Will to dismiss and/or neglect God.

Our idea of Love and Empathy isn't the same as God's. God's idea is more perfect than our own.

Quote:
In other words, why believe in a god who doesn’t care about (or favors) Christianity and who judges some folks as less worthy than others i.e. one goes to hell while another goes to heaven.
I don't see God as "favoring" Christianity. Or maybe it's better stated that He doesn't necessarily favor "Christianity." I understand that SOME "Christians" (and denominations other than Christian) believe that if you break the slightest iota of God's laws (or their interpretation of God's laws), that you'll automatically go to hell...go directly to hell...do not pass go, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Personally, I don't believe that for a millisecond.

Quote:
It isn’t rational, particularly if you believe a god created our physiological being (as you apparently do, given your repeated comments). Why give us the ability to hate, then tell us not to? Why give us the ability to reason there is no god, then punish us in eternity for doing so? Conversely, it’s illogical a god would be entirely neutral or indifferent as well. How would he effectively ‘judge/rule’ sans an emotional component i.e. ‘knowing what’s in our hearts’, per your post.
Again, we have the ability to hate the same as we have the ability to love. To ONLY allow us to love would be cutting into our Free Will.

The only way one can 'reason' that there is no god, is one's concept of God is "supposed" to be. I have said many time on this forum, that some atheists will get to heaven before some so-called Christians.

Belief isn't only about intellect; it's about practice. Do you practice helping the poor, even if it's only giving a few bucks to a homeless man once in a while? If so, WHY? A lot of Christians believe that the 'inspiration' to give the homeless guy a few bucks comes from God, even if *YOU* don't believe it.

And that gesture, might just be enough to get you into heaven.

At that point, you've demonstrated LOVE toward your fellow man.

If you EVER got to the point of homelessness (for example), wouldn't you want someone to show you a bit of empathy?

This life is about school and school is in session. We'll either graduate or fail. But the only way we fail is because we don't give two hoots about graduating.

Maybe you're right, Cowboy. Maybe there is no God. But I certainly wouldn't want to be selfish and self-absorbed to rise from my grave to find out that there IS a God.

And I certainly wouldn't want to crap all over my fellow human in the meantime.

You talk about how God should "step in " and SOLVE the world's problems. Why SHOULD He? After all, if we think that WE can do it all WITHOUT God,

...then WHY is this world filled with so much hate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality