Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 02:56 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,765 times

Advertisements

exposer of dimwits: someone that takes pleasure in bringing out fanatics.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:57 AM

Gary Olsen: a fraud that makes money off of fanatics.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:58 AM

Master Path: a contrived sham that hides behind the title of religion to get tax free money.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:00 AM

End of story.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:00 AM

309 posts, read 580,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
allan, I think what end_of_faith is trying to say is that you do not have the insight into the sham that MP is, the hypocrite that Gary is and that it is moronic and ignorant to blindly follow a scam artist like Gary.

I agree.
Oh okay thats such a revelation. Well a few corrections

It would be more technically accurate to say I don't have the same judgment as you/her, not insight. The word Insight has the pretense of fact and authenticity none of which you have presented and little of which she has.

"moronic and ignorant to blindly follow a scam artist like Gary."

again thats just an opinion. But I'm ok with that, your welcome to your moronic and ignorant opinion.

>>>some of us consider getting other people to question shams like this to be laudable.

As I stated before, I've no issue with, and heartedly endorse the asking of questions.

Where I differ is people like you that make unfounded statements, or that come to conclusions with bias and prejudices.

Or with hypocrites that use words like critical thinking without practicing it and only find it in people who agree with them.

>>> He makes a ton of tax free money because of blind souls like you, others here question the validity of that.

He and his wife combined make less a year the I do. If I could I'd support a doubling of his income.

Who's questioning that? Where is the discussion about the appropriate level of income for a US based Guru? Was it just questions or was there any consensus? if so what did people decide was appropriate, when did it become a red flag, when was it excessive? Was the determination made as a flat sum or a % of overall revenues? Did anyone find any recommendations for Guru pay at any anti-cult site? Is it on the check list of destructuve cult red flags?

See again your trying to add weight and substance to your argument, with actually nothing substantive to add to the conversation.

Hey, is Gary, Joy, and Dennis's income all tax free? I understand the Organization may be tax exempt but if a church pays office workers and clergy a wage, is that tax free? I mean you claimed it was tax free but do you actually know if it is?

Last edited by allan1015; 05-29-2009 at 03:54 AM..

Old 05-29-2009, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by end_of_faith View Post
Allan, please don't be offended by me calling you a moron, ignorant, and nimrod. all terms of endearing affection. :-)
No offense taken.

Quote:
Hey, I've heard one of the "saints" of MP describe ANYONE who has not attained self-realization as being an unenlightened maggot crawling the earth.
Well its out of context, but technically accurate, isnt it?
Are you reacting to the harshness or the truth of it?

This is pretty much why I dont find long term chelas to be any better authorities then a newbie like me. We are all pretyy much with issues and f*up until we have moved through the 7th

Last edited by allan1015; 05-29-2009 at 03:28 AM..

Old 05-29-2009, 05:32 AM

FormerChela

What is Guru Bhakti to you?

The main thrust of your letter seems to be around what ever you consider Guru Bhakti to be. You seem to equate it with worship and personality and cults of personality and all that.

As I understand it, its a pretty fundamental aspect of most, ok I can t be sure, lets say many, but I'm damn close to saying any, Guru based path.

This wikipedia definition is pretty descriptive
Guru-shishya tradition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notice the part about common elements of a Guru Student relationship? Did you provide a piece of fruit at an initiation? That seems to be described as an act of Guru Bhakti. Did you do your spiritual exercises aka follow instructions and directions? if you did, that was also an example of Guru Bhakti

A real quick google search returns this kind of thing
Quote:
guru bhakti: (Sanskrit) Devotion to the teacher.

The attitude of humility, love and loyalty held by a student in any field of study. In the spiritual realm, the devotee strives to see the guru as his higher Self.

By attuning himself to the satguru's inner nature and wisdom, the disciple slowly transforms his own nature to ultimately attain the same peace and enlightenment his guru has achieved.

Guru bhakti is expressed through serving the guru, meditating on his form, working closely with his mind and obeying his instructions.

You made some claim that this is a hidden fact, that Guru Bhakti was a first step. You said mentioned only once in over 200 tapes. Was that right?

Personally I disagree, I know I've heard it mentioned more then once. It is pretty basic. I also quickly looked in the books and it was right there in the Glossary.

You followed Guru Bhakti for 2 years and didn't know that was what you were doing? Did it hurt.

A students devotion to his teacher/guru
Expressed by following his/her instructions and directions

If instructed too not worship the man, then not worshiping the man is Guru Bhakti

If instructed to practice spiritual exercises every day, then doing so is Guru Bhakti.

I really don't see the conflict you are having and frankly find the letter to to be pretty accusatory and inflammatory - basically incorrect. I don't mean to offend you.

I am surprised that the other former Chelas have not cleared up what appears to be a basic misunderstanding? Perhaps they didn't read your draft letter. Or perhaps they don't care to correct anything that doesn't make Sri Gary appear evil and a fraud. Ok sorry, couldn't resist.

In any case, its not my place to teach everyone, if you have questions a private message would probably be best. At least at first. Part of this is your letter felt manipulative and I am not sure you are who you paint yourself to be. The fact that you 'missed' this basic, obvious, oft mentioned, easy to research thing raises my flags a bit.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:58 AM

34 posts, read 129,780 times
Default The Nature of This Forum

The nature of this forum is to answer the original question "Gary Olsen's MasterPath-anybody familiar"? Within this forum is a tremendous amount of very damning information on Olsen from people who have had very longterm experiences with Olsen and his wife Joy. Olsen is the lowest of the low. He preys upon the inherent impulse in humans to know their creator and twists that for his own gain. He is a con man and lies about everything. His life and his "path" is a lie.

Now he is preparing his chelas to overlook all the info on his drug addiction by telling them that the "masters of old" wore pot/hash around their necks to help them or their students connect with the Divine. Now if they hear about his drug addiction they will parrot the word "Upia" and this will make everything fine in their minds. I'm sure he'll come up with some esoteric BS about why it is OK for a "Master" to cheat and lie about money and taxes and abuse their chelas because they are above the rules of the lowly PINDA. Olsen is human scum. He is bilks people out of their money and worse, their self-respect. There is no lie he won't tell to feed his own pathology.

The only way that Olsen can live with himself is to stay loaded. He is a very angry, isolated man whose house of cards is finally beginning to crumble.

The nature of my writing is to help people who have the same question "Gary Olsen's 'MasterPath'-anybody familiar?" see who Olsen really is...a sociopathic predator who hates other people ( and himself) and feels that the only way he can survive is to live a lie.

If this forum saves one person from being duped by Olsen and robbed of their money and self-respect then it has served its function.

Allan is the best example of someone who has bought Olsen's Bulls**t hook line and sinker. He can't be helped right now, but those of you who are interested in this inquiry into the nature of MasterPath and aren't aready programmed, please know that there are quite a few former MP students posting and reading who had been with Olsen for many years and finally had the courage to leave after seeing so many lies and so much abuse.

Steer clear of MasterPath! It is a cult of the worst kind.

Those of you who are gathering info on Olsen and Masterpath, it is all here for you to see.

"Gary Olsen's 'MasterPath'-anybody familar?" Yes, sadly, yes.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:32 AM

Oh and why on earth do you think you are owed a refund?

- You pre-paid for a seminar you did not attend? ($120)

- You did not call to cancel ahead of time

- You did not take advantage of the ability to attend remotely by phone or computer, a service provided if you cant attend for unforeseen circumstances

Wow. I don't know too many other events i could just not show up for and the attach some some spiritual and moral significance to not getting a refund for a no show.

You, or was it end_of_faith, think its sad, implying some fault of MP, that they didn't automatically send out a refund check to a no show? Seriously?

You really think it should be standard procedure for an organization to automatically send out refund checks to people that don't show up? I think that is incredibly silly and has no parallel in the real world.

Continued membership would mean you would be receiving materials designated for a 2cd initiate, when you were not a 2cd initiate. You were not allowed to be in that situation.

That is a separate event from the fact that you choose not to attend an event you paid for.

I don't think anybody owes you a dime. I don't know if there is a published cancellation policy, but expecting a refund is pretty out of touch with reality and common practices in the world.

and you expect this money after making no claim for what was it a few years ago this all happened? Wow

Oh, you say you have heard all of the tapes, 200 satsangs and you never heard the one where this exact condition was expressed? The cancellation if you don't accept the 2cd initiation? You seem to miss allot of the really basic and key messages? odd.

Oh, I've not had the pleasure of the paperwork/letter invite to a 2cd. Are you saying there was no mention of this downside of not accepting the 2cd?

Lastly, as to your whining, I mean position that you should be allowed to have continued membership, with no end, receive on going monthly discourses and materials when you are still undecided, uncommitted, etc - well I'll just say I disagree.

Frankly if you so unclear on some basic points, like Guru Bhakti, I cant see why you should continue to receive advanced materials.

As to your insinuation that this policy is is somehow a violation of MP/Gary's commitments, is not only silly but childish. Grow up dude.

I gotta say, this kind of thing, knowing Gary or even the office, has to deal with this kind of stuff - well power to him, its not a job I would want.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Allan is the best example of someone who has bought Olsen's Bulls**t hook line and sinker.
Why thank you, thank you very much

Folks, there is nothing but the silliest, even some pretty weird stuff in that guys post. What can I say, it is so absurd I can formulate much of a response. The guy is so over the top I can see any point or hope of him holding much of a conversation.

If your of the ilk that is swade and convinced by this kind of rambling, well maybe MP isn't for you anyway.

I am wondering this guy is even an ex Chela. He hasn't offered anything that makes me thinks he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality