Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 11:06 PM

175 posts, read 425,014 times

Advertisements

Allan, I wish I could say welcome back... but UNFORTUNATELY I cannot!

Ok, first drop the anti-cult bull**** NOW! Your information is grossly misstated. And clearly, you are a MORON!

now, I'll get back to some of the other nonsense you are putting out... but for now... here's an immediate response!

Old 05-28-2009, 11:13 PM

Allan,

You are absofrigginglutely amazing.... and not in a good way! You have been on the MP for 3 years. And you talk like you really know everything about it, when in fact, you no jack!

I'm so close to saying things on this forum that Mr. Olsen would prefer not be said in public that I can barely keep myself from writing the words. But you are such a dense brick no-mind that I am at a loss for more adjectives to describe how your IGNORANCE affects me.

but I'll get back to you... I need to take another glance at your nonsense to see if it evens warrants the energy

Old 05-28-2009, 11:20 PM

[quote=allan1015;9033697]
I do remember a tape/satsang where Sri Gary discussed how he had found out that there were people (sounded like many) that had went past the 2 year study/investigation period and that he had to find some balance / policy because he didn't feel it was right or healthy to keep providing monthly discourses of teachings for 2cd initiates to people who were not 2cd initiates. I did not get the impression that it was permanent or like a banning.

Hey Allan,

all this means is that you believe that what he is telling you is the reason behind his decision. Not so. Balance? Give me a break! Don't they also teach there is "no break in consciousness" ... Don't they also teach that great consciousness equals greater balance.

You know what Allan, I think this is the problem: we just see different things from the same thing. And hey, let's just drop the whole MP and I'll just say this: too many rules and regulations. Who cares how many discourses a person reads before they are ready to accept an initiation. What's the big deal? why can't a person take whatever time they need. Why does there even have to be a "POLICY" ????

that's my point, you little nimrod

Old 05-28-2009, 11:28 PM

309 posts, read 580,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
Are you with MasterPath?

Is it normal to check with an older student before you post online or speak? Curious. Gestapo?

Common instruction? Just asking ‘cuz it sure sounds cult-like to me.
Earthman, no I dont beleive that was the MP office or any such official.

If they had bothered reading my posts they would have seen two things, Firstly I've spent very little time discussing MP tenets or teachings, usually on say anything as a counter to some false claim

Secondly I have spoke to other chelas of various times frames on the path. Just as part of my own investigation, certainly not for permission or guidance.

Quote:
Sounds like the type of group where members are marginalized into believing that spiritual knowledge is exclusive to your guru?
exclusive - no. There are certainly other sources with merit. The issue is more one of I guess the word is purity. No one says I shouldn't or can't read other sources, but there is a bit of a caution flag, yellow not red, raised. It more of being discriminating.

Quote:
Do students have the freedom to talk outside the group or do they have to clear with someone higher on the pecking order? Is it a hierarchal system like the Catholic Church?
I am a student, I am here. There is no pecking order or clearance requirement, despite what folks like end_of_faith say they have experienced. Chelas come in various forms and some will feel they need to ask, or at least ask if they are making a mistake, taking on karmic debt etc. But this is their choice.

If I felt like it was perceived I was speaking For MP I would not like that, I am not qualified or feel capable to do that, all I can do is speak to my experience, point out where lies or things in conflict with my experience are made, and push for keep bozo statements with no foundation to raise to a higher standard.

Quote:
Does your group have meetings or instructions for recruiting members to teach you how to talk to ppl about your belief system?
Not that I am aware of, or ever heard of.

Recruitment and proselytizing is actually discouraged. Mostly we are told to just live our truth, its more like just be a living example, not a talking recruiter.

There is of course a natural tendency for chelas that are excited and found something wonderful to want to share. This common in just about every faith and new diets One on One type discussion are ok, but again caution on the exuberance, putting down of anyones current beliefs etc. I guess the summary is the that the guidance is that if others are not drawn to you naturally, don't push it on them.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:36 PM

Hey allan,

Was your absence due to a deep state of samadhi?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:42 PM

>If I felt like it was perceived I was speaking For MP I would not like that, I am not qualified or feel capable to do that, all I can do is speak to my experience, point out where lies or things in conflict with my experience are made, and push for keep bozo statements with no foundation to raise to a higher standard.

Allan, what in the world are you saying? Especially that last line. "and push for keep bozo statements...

can you take the few moments to make intelligible sense... you know if you want to be credible and all...

ok, that's it for me... Allan, it's your show. Have fun!

I'm out of here.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:10 AM

>End_of_faith - why do you lie and claim mystery where there is none?

You've done this repeatedly, like your exaggerations about reading monthly reports. Here is your latest

Allan, here's what I know: you are ignorant. You don't know the history of MP. You don't anything about MP, or the journey of other chelas. What I shared about initiate reports is true. FormerChela knows it and do so many other former students on this forum. YOU are the only one who doesn't know what the hell you are talking about.

Stop dissecting every single post on this site with your inane weirdness. It's just not that interesting or captivating. I can barely handle reading past the first line of anything you have to say. It drives me mad to hear you talk about a path that I once loved and served. It's too bad MP doesn't offer a free muzzle along with your $30.00 5 page discourse.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 AM

309 posts, read 580,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThereDoneThat09 View Post
One of the most insidious manipulations that Olsen fosters is to tell his chelas that "God is not in His Creation." This not only makes Olsen the sole Ultimate Authority over your own consciousness but literally sucks most of the color, joy and enthusiasm out of life.

The spin that this is insidious or manipulative is yours only.
Your interpretation of the effects of this view are yours only and your reaction to it would indicate to me that you have a more traditional Christian sort of background. God being personal and 'here' is pretty much a insidious tenet of that belief system.

I guess you will be going to tell a few millions Sikhs that there religious beliefs are insidious and lead to a joyless life? Because this particular tenet of Gods role is not exclusive in any way to MP.

Personally this tenet does not suck nay value out of my day and answers many confusing questions I am left with if I just follow the Christian beliefs.

In any case your welcomed to your own beliefs, but your opinion does not qualify you to find MP as a destructive cult.

The bulk of your logic after that is faulted but not worth commenting on.

Quote:
Another insidious thing is that after a while chelas literally programs themselves by continually listening to audio seminars and reading discourses, books, and initiate's manuals and picturing Olsen's face in its "Radiant Form."

Programming by study and learning the materials? So Christan's who study the bible are programming themselves? I really don't know how to respond to such self serving spin.

The books don't depict the inner master or radiant form, hell the radiant form cannot be depicted. Apparently you didn't learn very much in your studies. Again your spinning and bordering on lieing.

Quote:
If you continually have that gnawing sensation that no spiritual effort you make will ever be good enough for Olsen, it may be that instead of having a truly loving spiritual older brother guiding you, you are trying to please a pathological narcissist.
All I can say is that I agree that if you review the plus and minuses of being on the path, and more negatives come up for you, then it would seem you should make a decision.

Personally I am so far in the positive column its almost silly.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:28 AM

Allan,

Actually, thank you for coming back to the forum. You have actually helped me realize that you are the 'new wave' of chela on MP.

Those of us who have left the path are part of the first wave (this definitely includes FormerChela). We were sincere, serious, and devoted. And since our experience is beyond your ken of understanding, it is truly useless to engage in discussion with you. You have no way of knowing our experience. It's not yours.

best wishes to you

Old 05-29-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rememberingyou View Post
Steer clear of Olsen. He is like the sad little man behind the curtain in the Wizard of OZ... desperately, pathetically trying to feel powerful by keeping his sham alive. If you believe he is "higher than Jesus" and pay him for his plagerized work and endlessly boring lectures, maybe you will help him feel better about himself. It will cost you dearly though. The biggest price? You will have to believe that your own truth lies within somebody else. The only thing he has "mastered" is being a paranoid, greedy, sleazy, angry predator.

this is one of the most profoundly written, encapsulated descriptions of raw truth in cold print that I have read. And it is sooo true.

Allan can't see it because he believes his truth lies in Gary... simple math. Allan doesn't know the man behind the curtain. The veil hasn't been rended for Allan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality