Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 01:03 AM

309 posts, read 580,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by end_of_faith View Post
Allan, I wish I could say welcome back... but UNFORTUNATELY I cannot!

Ok, first drop the anti-cult bull**** NOW! Your information is grossly misstated. And clearly, you are a MORON!

now, I'll get back to some of the other nonsense you are putting out... but for now... here's an immediate response!
End_of_Faith, of course you don't welcome me back, why would you welcome someone that calls out lies and misstatements? That shows you for the drama queen you are? Who challenges you?

Where is my information grossly misstated? Can you provide any facts? Or will you be limited to just shouting accusations. I have pointed out where your information was misstated, exaggerated etc, can you do the same?

Moron? can you say more, what exactly have I said that was moronic?

Quote:
And you talk like you really know everything about it, when in fact, you no jack!
I don't 'act' like I know jack **** other then what I do know, what has been in my experience. If my experience and truth conflicts with yours I can't help that. If you say something is secret and I point out that its pubic information - how is that evidence of me acting like a an expert?

Really, help me understand, where am I acting like I am an expert or anything other then what I know directly?

Quote:
Allan, here's what I know: you are ignorant. You don't know the history of MP. You don't anything about MP, or the journey of other chelas. What I shared about initiate reports is true. FormerChela knows it and do so many other former students on this forum. YOU are the only one who doesn't know what the hell you are talking about.
What can I say? I know what I've heard Sri Gary say. I know what I have discussed with a dozen or so other cheals of various ages on the path. No one has your view. Period. In the past month I have even been contacted by other chelas who have read this forum and agreed with me, disagreed with you, on this specific issue.

So you can have a different experience then mine, but how can you say I am alone and ingnorant in my viewpoint?

Your conclusion when faced with this truth - is to insult me and discredit me out of hand? This is an intelligent response?

Quote:
Allan, what in the world are you saying? Especially that last line. "and push for keep bozo statements...
What did I mean as a bozo statement - well much of what deepcynic posts. Posts like "Gary smokes Pot and there for he is evil" Those kind of unsupported, insult and run kind of statements. Is that clearer?

Quote:
Hey allan,
Was your absence due to a deep state of samadhi?
As I already said it was due to a deep state of not knowing anyone was posting here. I thought I would get a 'new post' email. I didn't. No big mystery really.

Quote:
all this means is that you believe that what he is telling you is the reason behind his decision.
No dear one, this means that something you presented as super secret - isn't. It means your credibility is shot.

I didn't discuss much about the talk itself, the content is immaterial, I didn't say what I believed or didn't believe about it.

Again the facts are that your claiming insider knowledge and secret hidden things to something that I pointed out was openly discussed to hundreds/thousands of folks. Thats really all there is.

The fact that your seem to be misstaing things and then choose to attack me instead of deal with the facts is more reflective of your state of mind then mine.

Quote:
You know what Allan, I think this is the problem: we just see different things from the same thing.
There may well be other reasons then my ignorance. Perhaps the difference is in the time line, your experiences are old and perhaps have been outdated in time. You projecting what you saw then and I am projecting what I see now. Which doesn't make you a liar it just means your conclusions are outdated.

Quote:
that's my point, you little nimrod
Touchy? I catch you at a bad time?

Old 05-29-2009, 01:14 AM

175 posts, read 425,014 times
Allan, how many chelas do you know who actually know Gary "personally?" not necessary for you to respond since I already know the answer.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:15 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,041,718 times
allan, you are misquoting me!

I defy you to produce documentation to support this quote that you attribute to me:

"Gary smokes Pot and there for he is evil"

I would suggest that by inventing this line you are either a 'MORON' or that you are so deluded and malleable from your following of MP, that you no longer have any grasp of reality.

Plus, the word is therefore...

Old 05-29-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by end_of_faith View Post
Allan,

And since our experience is beyond your ken of understanding, it is truly useless to engage in discussion with you. You have no way of knowing our experience. It's not yours.
Your experience is BEYOND my understanding? Wow, the air of superiority reeks in that statement.

I assume you mean that applies to anyone else reading this? Non MP folks and all that?

That puts you in a tough spot then? I mean you want to express your negative views but no one can really understand your experience, so it would under cut your credibility and authority. Your forced to make claims you cant really explain in terms anyone will understand. Sounds problematic

Heres a imaginary dialog:

end_of_faith: when I worked in the MP office, which was about 10 years ago, it was known that Gary didn't want chelas getting 2cd initiate information who weren't 2cd initiates. It was my impression this was not publicly discussed.

allan: it seems that your impression regarding secrecy on this was wrong or things have changed because Sri Gary discusses this very subject at a public satsang and its available on a tape.

end_of_faith: Oh, well I'm glad to see such changes have been made.

allan: yeah I guess the MP organization is maturing and growing over time, as is to be expected.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:22 AM

As allan prattles on with his repetitive and inane babble more and more people are using rational thought and investigation to realize the truth about Gary and his ilk.

I appreciate that some people feel the need to have a 'guide', to each his own. Some do not even care if this comes with a price tag, but any rational being would at least be certain they were not paying a charlatan.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
allan, you are misquoting me!

I defy you to produce documentation to support this quote that you attribute to me:

"Gary smokes Pot and there for he is evil"
Oh your absolutley right, I didnt mean that as an exact quote. I was just trying to give an example, with poetic license to illustrate the type of statement I meant by Bozo. Sorry if I didnt make it clear it was an illustration, not exact quote. I made it so extreme a statement I guess i assumed everyone would realize that point.

Quote:
I would suggest that by inventing this line you are either a 'MORON' or that you are so deluded and malleable from your following of MP, that you no longer have any grasp of reality.
Ok, well you've made my point. Thats the kind of thing I meant as Bozo.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:25 AM

Wow, now allan is inventing imaginary dialog!

This is a VERY rational argument!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:26 AM

allan, you are so entertaining!

Have fun with your $30 a month and the fee for all the other BS from MP!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
As allan prattles on with his repetitive and inane babble more and more people are using rational thought and investigation to realize the truth about Gary and his ilk.
Can you provide some examples? of the rational thought?

I see the beentheredonethat coping of Ric Ross site, not sure why he didn't just provide a link to the site, I think Ross would have liked that better.

The bulk of it is what almost 20 years old? This would include Ross's estimation of cult like attributes. Notice the word 'cult' not 'destructive cult'. Hell even high school football has cultish behavior.

Yes there is the more recent, what was it 5/6 years ago, post by an ex Chela.

All stuff we have discussed before, and stuff I looked at 4 years ago when I started out trying to disprove MP.

As I said many times, when I was doing my research what struck me was the utter lack of any hard information about MP destructive cult activities - when one considers the data over the life of MP, which is what 25 years ago?

I did appreciate the tax information, nothing I found disturbing though and no one else seems to have found it an indicator of much of anything?

I'm still missing where you provided any facts or data to back up any of your claims deepcycnic? Could you remind me of where your facts and critical thinking posts where?

Old 05-29-2009, 01:49 AM

175 posts, read 425,014 times
Allan, there was nothing "superior" in what I said. A simple statement of fact, but since it is beyond your ken of understanding it is useless to discuss with you.

As far as negativity goes.... hmm, well, I prefer the hard truth over nonsensical fantasy-land

You're the one on the path that claims all-inclusiveness...so, from where I sit the onus of responsibility is on your shoulders to demonstrate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality