Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 08:41 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,361 times

Advertisements

allan, we are not trying to hold a conversation with you, just expose you as the blind following the wicked so that others will think twice.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:08 AM

175 posts, read 424,896 times
Allan,

You are a piece of work. I take back what I said earlier. Please feel offended. Your response to Formerchela is sick. But like MP, you lack the spiritual depth in dealing with the sensitive nature of "guru/student" relationship. If you were following what happened, it would be apparent to you that she paid BEFORE she was sent a "dismissal statement" and THAT when they sent the dismissal statement they should have included a refund. It should be simple. But from what you are saying, it sounds like MP is what it is: a worldly business of money, cancellation policies, technicalities.

As far as David Lane goes: that man has done more in his lifetime for the universal cause of truth than you will begin to understand in your next five lifetimes. His body of work makes MP look like the pip squeaking playtoy that it is.

As far as "Beentheredonethat"... he is more spiritually aware than you are alive.

As far as the rest of us on this forum who are also former chelas...you are the student of the wolve dressed in sheep's clothing...

Old 05-29-2009, 04:05 PM

309 posts, read 580,786 times
Dear End_of_Faith,

I would really appreciate your participation in this discussion because its a real event and I think we can flush out the timeline, come a common understanding and then have a dicussion with agreed facts in hand.

Its also important to me because you have choosen to to me as a callous and harsh and spiritual inept person because of my analysis and opinions on this. I would appreciate a civil chance at vindication and/or finding where my flaw is and correcting myself.

These were the events as I read them.

1- Prepay event Fee ($120)
2- No Show at event

Note: There is no check-in with pre-pay so no one knows if you actually showed up for the event or not. Hence, there is no 'credit' in anyones account if they no-show.

3- Decision to not allow continued membership because of no 2cd initiation, send cancellation letter.

Note: I asume this was done days -to- weeks after the seminar, certainly before the next wave of monthly discourses went out.

Is this the timeline as you understand it?

I look forward to your considered, honest, and civil response

Old 05-29-2009, 05:46 PM

309 posts, read 580,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
allan, we are not trying to hold a conversation with you, just expose you as the blind following the wicked so that others will think twice.
Oh ok, I didnt realize

So have you exposed me as blind, ignorant, etc? It seems all you have done is brand me as quilty by association. I like someone you hate, so I must be blind kind of thing.

I'd be interested if you think there is some part of this thread where you have exposed me directly, no just I like Sri Gary and find joy in MP.

I ask because from my vantage point it feels as if I am a primary source of critical thinking, thoughtful commentary, and honest reposnses. My bad sentance construction and spelling aside.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:42 PM

I said before that if it makes you happy, fine.

I just think other folks should know what they are buying when they plunk their money down.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:37 AM

30 posts, read 56,580 times
Allan, whats the point? There are no chelas here that believe in your truth anymore. You will not convince us, I do not want to convince you. Obviously you are happy with your experience on "the Path", go enjoy it. This thread does not concern you. It has been a painful process to separate myself from something that, as I see now, ultimately robbed me of my individuality, my life , my existence as a man in this world. It subtly cut me off from my family, friends, and will to express myself as free individual. I appreciate that you are a devoted chela. This is YOUR experience. Embrace it. This forum is for those of us that want something different, not less, not more, but ours. Have YOUR experience on the path. It was a gift to me in many ways. I wish you the best in your soul's journey. ( or whatever) It all sounds like crap to me anymore.

Last edited by SoulPatriot; 05-30-2009 at 01:19 AM..

Old 05-30-2009, 01:27 AM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
I said before that if it makes you happy, fine.

I just think other folks should know what they are buying when they plunk their money down.
You cannot buy spirituality or spiritual guidance. Anyone selling it is a spiritual fraud, period.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You cannot buy spirituality or spiritual guidance. Anyone selling it is a spiritual fraud, period.
Absolutely! That has been my point all along. allan seems to think it is OK because it makes him happy. That does not change the fact that it is a fraud.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatriot View Post
It all sounds like crap to me anymore.
Yep, sounds like it, looks like it, smells like it...

why taste it just to be sure.

Last edited by deepcynic; 05-30-2009 at 02:36 AM..

Old 05-31-2009, 10:59 AM

175 posts, read 424,896 times
Hi Allan,

Your message drew me back, maybe even against better judgment. Please understand that no one on this forum is looking to fight, name call, or hurt you, nor are we trying to “destroy” the path & guru that you have chosen to follow. (Note to Gary Olsen: truth is indestructible, and what you have done is indefensible.)

We truly have Been There and Done That.

You are not interacting with newbie’s. We are all veterans, and this includes FormerChela. A veteran does not mean 'years with the MasterPath.' If you understand the teachings, you believe in reincarnation, and you also believe that the evolvement of soul spans eons of lifetimes. One of the points in this thread to you in particular, and to MasterPath specifically, is who among us knows the evolvement of another person? I got tired of hearing the leaders espouse “their truth” as the Absolute Truth as the years rolled on by. Especially as I grew to really know them.

I think part of what happens when you join MP is there are spiritual levels of attainment automatically attributed to the leaders that are as diametrically opposed and contrary to their lifestyle and ethics as you could get. Is the deception subtler on MP than it is with other pseudo paths? Well, I guess it depends on the person. I agree with rememberingyou… how many times did we ignore out gut feeling or intuitive sense of what is true or not?

I think Gary and his wife may be evolved to the point that they know there is more to the spiritual life than what they experienced in the church. Beyond that, I think they are charismatic leaders, good actors, and messianic. That truth did not come easy, or without some very deep soul searching, and years of living confusing messages, contradictory statements, witnessing unethical behavior, observing how people were dealt with, tens of thousands of experiences and moments spent with them. And the same is true for other former students on this forum. That is one of the biggest differences in our experience. I also agree with SoulPatriot: embrace your truth. It is no longer ours. We want something different.

All former students began MP as a result of an inner search. A pathless path does not require an organization. The path is inside each one of us. Gary did not place it there. And I’ll take it a step further and say that I now view the ceremony of initiation on MP in much the same way that I view the ritual of baptism. Not much difference really.

The higher versus lower initiate ranking on MP ends up creating a hierarchy of authority that follows the letter of the law, not the spirit. I had a "realized initiate” tell me that “no one walks away when I am speaking. No chelas do that to me. When I’m talking, chelas listen.” Well, guess what? I walked away. Because in that moment all I could see was that initiate’s lack of spiritual awareness. I certainly wasn’t being blinded by her saintly countenance. I was, however, blind-sided by her arrogance and power tripping.

I’ve also been told not to speak the names of former students in Gary’s presence. Why I ask? Reason, because he is so sensitive that it makes him angry. Well, you know what Allan… BIG RED FLAG. Isn’t Mr. Olsen supposed to be beyond such “emotionality?” One of those former students is from the very beginning of MP. Now, let’s see, that is over 20 years ago, and Mr. Olsen harbors ill-feelings for this soul…what?! I could describe this revealing example of where Mr. Olsen is really coming from in consciousness, and it is recent as in 2005/06. BIG RED FLAG.

There are other former students on this forum that I knew well while on the MP. When they left the path, we were told the most ridiculous story about why, and I began challenging the authenticity of the information coming from the “Saints” of MP. It didn’t add up. I know these people, and I witnessed how they were ‘handled’ by the ‘gurus.’ You speak from what you imagine, we speak from what we know. That is not an insult, or offense to you… it is simply our truth.

And last, for anyone out there reading this forum who feels that we are being harsh, negative, unfair, overly critical, or name calling regarding Gary Olsen and MasterPath, let me just say that what has been written on this forum has been considerate in its descriptive analysis. And if anyone is shocked by what former students have to say in sharing their actual experience, so be it. In the words of Gary Olsen to me: "I don't care if you are numb." Well, little does he know that it was not a state of "numbness" that was being experienced by any of us as he said his goodbyes. No, we were shocked into the realization that the man we once believed to be a realized being is nothing more than a black magic magician.

Last edited by end_of_faith; 05-31-2009 at 11:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality