Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2008, 08:53 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Not an independent source in the lot...I just wasted my time....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I lost the Noah's Ark arguement?

I may of even shown you a picture of it on Mt. Ararat, we are still waiting because as I explained to you, the Islamics will not allow anyone to get close to it because it would confirm the Jewish belief. Also, we do know that a very large manmade object is up there some 15,000 feet above sea level. Got any ideas how they got such a large object on top of the mountain. And you never did tell me where early man went to fill there oxygen tanks. LOL. So until you do that, I'm not sure you can claim a win. Also, what was discovered in the past was confirmed by pictures from space, so you can't write off the eyewitiness accounts. Especially when what they described was confirmed by others.
You mean this picture? You have to have quite an imagination to decide it is the ark....Looks more like a simple rock formation to me...

New photo resparks 'Noah's Ark mania'

Old 11-22-2008, 09:11 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not an independent source in the lot...I just wasted my time....
I'm sorry, I was responding to JohnJLethal, not you. He asked me for an outside source which I took to mean someone other than me. Now if you want me to go to an outside source, would you suggest I go to an atheist web site to confirm Biblical facts? Who outside of someone who actually believes the Bible is going to be out there confirming Scripture?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
You mean this picture? You have to have quite an imagination to decide it is the ark....Looks more like a simple rock formation to me...

New photo resparks 'Noah's Ark mania'

You have quite an imagination to think I was talking about that picture. There are actually a few good pictures of the ark, the one you have shown is not one of them. The link below is one of the ones I was talking about. This one was taken by the U.S. Air Force on June 19, 1949. They call it the "Ararat Anomaly".

SPACE.com -- Zooming in on Noah's Ark? Satellites Search for Ancient Artifact (http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/planetearth/noahs_ark_010823-1.html - broken link)

Old 11-22-2008, 10:19 PM

Right....The picture I posted is of the same rock formation that was photographed in '49, just higher resolution...Just a bunch of rocks, I'm afraid.

For back up go to independent sites...Neither atheist or religious...This one for instance.

NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Biblical prophecy

Old 11-22-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Right....The picture I posted is of the same rock formation that was photographed in '49, just higher resolution...Just a bunch of rocks, I'm afraid.

For back up go to independent sites...Neither atheist or religious...This one for instance.

NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Biblical prophecy
You call it a rock formation, others do not believe that, one naval engineer and architect believes that a keel and a ribs are all present. Your photograph is covered in snow, and I doubt that anyone could see or make out anything from it. The photograph I have shown reveals much more. Also there are eyewitinesses who claim to have actually seen the ark up close. And there testimonies are supported by photos from space.

You might consider Ed Davis's who was personally taken to see the Ark. Ed till the day he died, stated that he was telling the truth. There are other eyewitinesses who have seen what Ed davis's saw, so he does not stand alone on these claims.

Ed Davis Visits Noah's Ark

Old 11-23-2008, 02:44 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Lightbulb Does this stuff actually float YOUR boat?

Say Campbell34... old Ed wouldn't be a dedicated believer would he? Perhaps a bit biased? Well, given the other illogical aspects of an actual ark initially floating at such a high elevation that there simply isn't enough H2O on the planet and in the atmosphere as water, ice, vapor or rat pee to provide such a spectacular water level and volume, plus all the other logical reasons, it seems a bit "fetchy" to just say "There it is! Proof! Why? Because reliable old Ed said so!"

Did those lucky disembarking cruise-ship ark clietel then have to hike off this mountain peak? A few penquins looking for the beach? Given that everyone on board were all supposedly vegans by command or design, what exactly did they eat after the 40 day supply of toasted oat bran on board ran out? Wouldn't the still flooded, though now receding water covered lands, have lost most if not all of their usual lush vegetative cover? Where, again, did all this receding water then go to? It had just rained down out of the heavens. If it went back up there through some pretty heavy-duty evaporation, it would, reasonably, start raining ferociously, again. "Oh crackers..." says poor exhausted Noah.. "Pass out the umbrellas again!"

And what shape and nutritional condition would that remnant land-based vegetation be in after 40 days under salt water? Heck... if I even pee on my grass once it goes a bit "off".

When Turkey or whomever actually lets scientists and Christians up there, cameras and all, I'm willing to bet it all that we'll find a rather nifty rock formation. Have you, Cambell, ever spent any time up in the high mountains where wind, temperature fluctuations, ice storms, debris flows, earthquakes etc. pretty much demolish anything in short order? Do you actually believe that a wooden boat carcass would have survived thousands of years? Exposed on a ridgeline like this one? Well of course I will grant you that your God may well be protecting it as a sort of "Take this for whatever you want" kind of evidentiary tid-bit. It would also be the only bit of such evidence in the world.

I'm betting on a rock pile. Been up in that kind of country; seen some very oddball stuff. Too bad Turkey's playing this for all it's worth.

But to your credit, Campbell34, you're quite the persistant fighter. No challenge left unanswered, sorta. You are typical of the breed. Very predictable.

Meantime, as I previously noted, I'm hot on the trail of (and finding, BTW...) some very interesting early Chinese history complete with accurate chronologies. Somewhat at odds with biblical notations though. See, they weren't trying to fit a nice warm mythology into a very cold, hard reality simply to support a "belief of convenience" or one of "psychological necessity".

I'm thinking Christianity will have to call the entire Chinese culture, society and race, including their ancient and current highly educated, meticulous and objective observers and authors, all of them...well... liars. To their faces.

That ought go down well. Of course, in reality they'll just laugh at our Western pig-headedness. May I please be excused, though, from that moniker?

Back to my studies. May your god strike me down if I'm wrong.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:15 AM

348 posts, read 502,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

Back to my studies. May your god strike me down if I'm wrong.
RIFLEMAN, RIFLEMAN - PLEASE ANSWER

I"m getting worried for you - there was an almighty clap of thunder just now over London - ARE YOU STILL OK?

Please let us know ASAP.

A very concerned Brian.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:33 AM

348 posts, read 502,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
You call it a rock formation, others do not believe that, one naval engineer and architect believes that a keel and a ribs are all present. Your photograph is covered in snow, and I doubt that anyone could see or make out anything from it. The photograph I have shown reveals much more. Also there are eyewitinesses who claim to have actually seen the ark up close. And there testimonies are supported by photos from space.

You might consider Ed Davis's who was personally taken to see the Ark. Ed till the day he died, stated that he was telling the truth. There are other eyewitinesses who have seen what Ed davis's saw, so he does not stand alone on these claims.

Ed Davis Visits Noah's Ark
I don't know if it was ever shown Stateside, but a while ago I watched a documentary here in the UK. that explored the very distinct possibility that several thousands of years ago, but within the human time-scale, the narrow bridge of land that separates the black sea in modern Turkey from the Med. was catastrophically breached, causing the Mediterranean and Aegean seas to flood into the then much-lower black sea, until then a large, shallow lake, causing flooding on a colossal scale throughout the whole area. It must have looked to the locals as if the whole world had been inundated, not knowing any better.

Must look it up on the net, but I remember that several experts were speculating that this was, in fact, the real origin of the persistent folk-memories, including the biblical tale of the Deluge, that survive to this day. The flood of Gilgamesh, of course, being an almost exact parallel, as well as several other similar traditions from the Middle East.

Now that, I could believe with little difficulty. ( - even an ark of the appropriate size, designed to hold a few domesticated animals).

Old 11-24-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post
I don't know if it was ever shown Stateside, but a while ago I watched a documentary here in the UK. that explored the very distinct possibility that several thousands of years ago, but within the human time-scale, the narrow bridge of land that separates the black sea in modern Turkey from the Med. was catastrophically breached, causing the Mediterranean and Aegean seas to flood into the then much-lower black sea, until then a large, shallow lake, causing flooding on a colossal scale throughout the whole area. It must have looked to the locals as if the whole world had been inundated, not knowing any better.

Must look it up on the net, but I remember that several experts were speculating that this was, in fact, the real origin of the persistent folk-memories, including the biblical tale of the Deluge, that survive to this day. The flood of Gilgamesh, of course, being an almost exact parallel, as well as several other similar traditions from the Middle East.

Now that, I could believe with little difficulty. ( - even an ark of the appropriate size, designed to hold a few domesticated animals).
Yes, that is a story that has been floated as of late, yet the Bible tells us the flood waters were even higher then the highest mountains. And that would be the only reason why Noahs Ark may be resting on Mt. Ararat at an altitude of 15,500 feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality