Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 07:36 PM

418 posts, read 708,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well first you better start working on believers in Evolution who do not believe the whale theory. The Bible has far more solid evidence that the similarities you point to in whales. And there are other similarities in other species, yet this is not considered evidence for evolution. And believe me, if whale evolution really happened we would be finding a lot more evidence for it's reality. Your belief has more to do with blind faith, than any scientific evidence.
Amazing Campbell! You have just revolutionized the study of cetaceans! I'll let all those scientists know that they're out of a job. Do you think you can re-train them as bible scribes or something? They're going to need new employment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 07:38 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,974,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Quick burial does not mean global flood. I don't see why you think saying that scientists have noticed quick burials somehow proves Noah's Ark. And what "believers in evolution" say that the dinosaur fossils are there because of a local flood? There are many reasons for quick burials, and fossils don't necessarily need a quick burial to be preserved anyway.

You are taking one incident of quick burial and applying it to all fossils, saying this is how it is done every time. Then you say that since this is the only way it happens (gross oversimplification), this somehow proves that all fossils were created by a global flood. Newsflash, the world isn't that simple. You can't use faulty assumptions to reach a valid conclusion.
Considering how many large dinosaur fossils have been found, and the condition of those fossils, it would require quick burial for such fossils to exist. Large animals can not remain for thousands of years waiting to be covered and preserved. I'm talking about large dinosaurs when I'm talking about quick burial. I'm not useing faulty assumptions, I'm useing commonsense.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJLethal View Post
Amazing Campbell! You have just revolutionized the study of cetaceans! I'll let all those scientists know that they're out of a job. Do you think you can re-train them as bible scribes or something? They're going to need new employment.
They don't need new employment, they just need to drop false assumptions, and get back to doing solid science.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:55 PM

418 posts, read 708,557 times
Quote:
They don't need new employment, they just need to drop false assumptions, and get back to doing solid science.
How wonderful Campbell. What other scientists should we put out of work? Should our mission statement be "the only science allowed is that which validates the bible?" I'm excited, let's get started.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:56 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
How do you convince a creationist that a fossil is a transitional fossil? Give up? It is a trick question. You cannot do it. There is no convincing someone who has his mind made up already.

The Origin of Whales and the Power of Independent Evidence

Very cool recreation of a primitive whale.
YouTube - Primitive Whale - BBC

Old 11-18-2008, 06:34 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,972 times
Quote:
Well first you better start working on believers in Evolution who do not believe the whale theory. The Bible has far more solid evidence that the similarities you point to in whales. And there are other similarities in other species, yet this is not considered evidence for evolution. And believe me, if whale evolution really happened we would be finding a lot more evidence for it's reality. Your belief has more to do with blind faith, than any scientific evidence.
Believe you, like you are some sort of scientific authority on evolution? You know everything about "whale evolution" so we should believe you? Please give me a good reason why we should "believe you" rather than believing the evidence we can look at ourselves.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:36 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,972 times
Quote:
Considering how many large dinosaur fossils have been found, and the condition of those fossils, it would require quick burial for such fossils to exist. Large animals can not remain for thousands of years waiting to be covered and preserved. I'm talking about large dinosaurs when I'm talking about quick burial. I'm not useing faulty assumptions, I'm useing commonsense.
No one is denying that rapid burial happens.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
How wonderful Campbell. What other scientists should we put out of work? Should our mission statement be "the only science allowed is that which validates the bible?" I'm excited, let's get started.
Well they spent 100 years trying to validate Evolution and still can't do it. I would suggest they stop beating a dead horse. On the other hand, men who based science on Scriptural understandings have been rewarded with new insite into science and correct theories. However, if you oppose the Bible, I can understand why you would ignore those facts.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Believe you, like you are some sort of scientific authority on evolution? You know everything about "whale evolution" so we should believe you? Please give me a good reason why we should "believe you" rather than believing the evidence we can look at ourselves.
Because the evidence you point to has more to do with beliefs or assumptions. And their assumptions are based on beliefs that have little to do with science. We are being told that Evolution has occured over millions of years, yet we see nothing in the fossil record that would show us this Evolution. We see animals of the past that have either died off, or are much like what we see today. The process of Evolution is absent from the fossil record. The reality of Evolution should be obvious in the fossil record. Darwin said that if his theory was correct, we would see an abundance of such fossils. Yet the reality is, we see nothing. The only transional fossils we do see, come to us in artistic drawings. I agree with Darwin, if his Theory was correct we would see many of these transional fossils, and that would of been a slam dunk for Evolution. The reality is, we don't see anything like this.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Campbell, I linked you a website, TalkOrigins Archive: Exploring the Creation/Evolution Controversy

I can't do anything more for you if you won't take the time to investigate with an open mind.
I have been to TalkOrigins many times. Yet I know what they believe, I'm asking you, why do you believe in Evolution?
And please don't tell me you believe in Evolution, and then tell me to read this article and they will explain to me what you think you believe.
It is because I have an open mind, that I can give you reasons for what I believe. And those reasons are factual, and cannot be dismissed. Yet such facts are dismissed all the time by sites like TalkOrigins, because their belief in the Theory of Evolution far out weights the facts. To believe in Evolution requires the ability to see facts that outright rufutes the Theory, and then have the ability to filter out those facts. Once you have fully imbraced the Theory, you then can continue down a path that only leads you farther away from the truth. And when more facts appear that refutes the Theory, you put your spin on that evidence, that errors on the side of Evolution. Such as what they did with the recent soft tissue find of a dinosaur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality