Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 03:28 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,799,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
And AS ALWAYS, whenever I ask that question, you people spout MORE scripture as if it means something to us.
I just assume it's because they can't possibly conceive of the idea that their holy books may not matter a lick to someone who doesn't believe in God. You'd think it would be obvious, but obviously it's not.

*waits for more scripture to be posted*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 09:42 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,842,198 times
More ayat about the atheist claims and their due punishment

God – be glorified – said in the Quran 45: 30-32
وَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا أَفَلَمْ تَكُنْ آيَاتِي تُتْلَى عَلَيْكُمْ فَاسْتَكْبَرْتُمْ وَكُنتُمْ قَوْمًا مُّجْرِمِينَ
وَإِذَا قِيلَ إِنَّ وَعْدَ اللَّهِ حَقٌّ وَالسَّاعَةُ لَا رَيْبَ فِيهَا قُلْتُم مَّا نَدْرِي مَا السَّاعَةُ إِن نَّظُنُّ إِلَّا ظَنًّا وَمَا نَحْنُ بِمُسْتَيْقِنِينَ
وَبَدَا لَهُمْ سَيِّئَاتُ مَا عَمِلُوا وَحَاقَ بِهِم مَّا كَانُوا بِهِ يَسْتَهْزِؤُون

The explanation:
(But as to those who disbelieve [it will be said to them on Judgment Day:] "Were not My revelations rehearsed to you? But you were arrogant and were a guilty people.

And when it was said [to you]: "God's promise is true, and the Hour [of the Doomsday]: there is no doubt of its [inevitable coming]", you used to say: "We know not what [this] Hour is; we have only a surmise; we are by no means certain [about it.]"

And there will become evident to them the evils of that they did, and it will surround them that [punishment] at which they mocked.)

http://man-after-death.t35.com

Old 08-17-2009, 12:57 AM

4,275 posts, read 5,428,548 times
[quote=Lamplight;10306239]I just assume it's because they can't possibly conceive of the idea that their holy books may not matter a lick to someone who doesn't believe in God. You'd think it would be obvious, but obviously it's not.

*waits for more scripture to be posted*[/quote]

Bingo!

My eyes just skate over it.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:30 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,596,114 times
There is no death, only a series of rebirths, until the journey reaches Enlightenment.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
There is no death, only a series of rebirths, until the journey reaches Enlightenment.

There is no transmigration of souls (or no reincarnation)

Man lives two lives: one is material: the life in the World; and the next is the afterlife in which he lives by the ethereal soul.

And there will be no return of the bodies to life again and there is on return of the soul to its body, or to any other body.

God - be exalted - said in the Quran 56: 60-62
نَحْنُ قَدَّرْنَا بَيْنَكُمُ الْمَوْتَ وَمَا نَحْنُ بِمَسْبُوقِينَ . عَلَى أَن نُّبَدِّلَ أَمْثَالَكُمْ وَنُنشِئَكُمْ فِي مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ

The explanation:
(We mete out death among you, but We are unprecedented,

To exchange [new bodies:] the likes of you, and to transfigure you [again] into [these new bodies] that you know not about [their creation.]

And you have known the first formation [of the embryo and the child growth,] why then do you not consider?)

Therefore, His saying - be exalted -
وَمَا نَحْنُ بِمَسْبُوقِينَ . عَلَى أَن نُّبَدِّلَ أَمْثَالَكُمْ
i.e. (but We are unprecedented, To exchange [new bodies:] the likes of you.)

It means: We had not done it before: that We bring dead bodies back to life, as you think, and form some souls of your like,

but you say some words that you do not know and that are untrue; so that you say, as it is mentioned in the Quran 36: 78
مَنْ يُحْيِي الْعِظَامَ وَهِيَ رَمِيمٌ ؟

The explanation:
('Who is that can revive bones when they are rotten!?');

and you think that man is the material body,

while if you have the precise knowledge, then you will realize that man is the ethereal soul, and you will realize that there is no need to revive and bring the material body back to life again.

Man after Death
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
There is no transmigration of souls

Old 08-17-2009, 12:32 PM

8,825 posts, read 7,348,691 times
I cannot read that...my eyes are burning..but it's OK, hey to each their own -they won't convince me, that's been tried and didn't work...I've made up my mind, I'll go be wormfood after I die and feel no pain, in fact I won't mind one bit ..

sad part, yes, people die each minute of each day over religious stuff...

Old 08-17-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I cannot read that...my eyes are burning..but it's OK, hey to each their own -they won't convince me, that's been tried and didn't work...I've made up my mind, I'll go be wormfood after I die and feel no pain, in fact I won't mind one bit ..

sad part, yes, people die each minute of each day over religious stuff...

Certainly you will be happy if you will be wormfood , but if things prove opposite

As in the Quran 78: 40
إِنَّا أَنذَرْنَاكُمْ عَذَابًا قَرِيبًا يَوْمَ يَنظُرُ الْمَرْءُ مَا قَدَّمَتْ يَدَاهُ وَيَقُولُ الْكَافِرُ يَا لَيْتَنِي كُنتُ تُرَابًا

The explanation:
(We warn you [associaters and idolaters] of an imminent chastisement [following your death.]

The day when [the believing] man shall behold what [charity] his hands have forwarded [to the afterlife],

while the disbeliever shall say: "O would that I were dust [to get rid of the torment like my body that has become dust so it has got rid of the punishment.]")

Last edited by eanassir; 08-17-2009 at 12:55 PM..

Old 08-17-2009, 01:12 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,705,666 times
I would rather be worm food than spend a lifetime fearing an unseen unproven invisible man floating in the air. I have a life to live and since we only have one I don't want to waste it.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:25 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,581,581 times
[quote=eanassir;10318911]
Quote:
Certainly you will be happy if you will be wormfood , but if things prove opposite
And you, if things turn out to be the opposite, or at least different, than what you believe? How will you be?

Old 08-17-2009, 01:37 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,197,980 times
I always wondered about this:

Quote:
>> beautiful women who have been raised from earth to heavens; these women may be likened to butterflies because of their beauty and charming.
Are all women going to be beautiful? Are they also virgins? How does this work?? Where does it state in your holly book??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality