Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 01:48 PM

5,420 posts, read 6,519,708 times

Advertisements

Is it murder to kill a child less than 40 days old, in your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 02:04 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,115,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The spirit and the soul

Every material object, including the living organisms, has an ethereal skeleton: the spirit, which is a true copy of the material object.

The spirit of man is called "soul".

The fly, dog, horse, cockroach, your cat Gizmo, and bacterium cell: all have their spirits, but it is not called soul.

Only the human being, after 40 days old, is called the human soul.

Moreover, it requires 40 days for the ethereal skeleton or frame to be firmly coherent to its parts; while if it is less than 40 days and the organism dies or change into other forms, then almost, no established spirit can be formed for it.

The same thing is applied to all material objects, like the cups, the dishes, the clothes and dresses ...etc: if it is more than 40 days old, there will be a firm spirit for it; while if it is less than 40 days old, it will have no established spirit, and there will be no spirit for it.

In other words, the ethereal world is the image of the material world, and the material world is the mould for forming the ethereal beings and ethereal structures.

Man after Death
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
What is man?
The soul
So there's a difference between spirits and souls? If my cat is, say, 3 years old it has a spirit?

Old 08-11-2009, 02:06 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,840,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Is it murder to kill a child less than 40 days old, in your opinion?

Of course it is a crime to kill this innocent being without any crime he committed.

This is in the Quran 81: 8-9
وَإِذَا الْمَوْؤُودَةُ سُئِلَتْ . بِأَيِّ ذَنبٍ قُتِلَتْ

The explanation:
(And when the female baby that was buried alive, shall be asked [by the angels]:
For what crime she was slain.)

Old 08-11-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
So there's a difference between spirits and souls? If my cat is, say, 3 years old it has a spirit?

No, it has a spirit; the soul is only the human soul.

The spirit is a general term, and the soul is only the human soul: that hears, sees and perceives: about 40 days of age and over.

The plant has a spirit, the animal has a spirit.
The spirit of man is called a soul.

Man after Death
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
What is man?
The soul.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
And, as well, when eanassir launches into his fundy ideas, Should we play nicey-nice just because he's a poor defenseless lone Muslim? Poor baby....

But, if you want me to play favoritism, just let me know. I'll go easy on him. Poor baby.

Someone has to whisper in the ear of the bear: this rifleman is a poor baby; anyhow beware, rifleman, the bear will try to drop your rifle

Old 08-11-2009, 05:06 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,801,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Probably because most of them aren't honest about what islam and shariah law actually teaches.
Are you for real?

I admit I have a certain shade of Islamophobia too. But it stems from a civilization which has given the world so much and is actively contributing to it, to this day.

"We should not despise a civilization which is older than ours" ~ Alexander the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
i'm not bashing the poster for being a muslim but rather for being someone who is spouting doctrine that is antithetical to life and love and tolerance and openness and who damns all who do not perceive / believe simarly to him.
For the record, the indoctrination you accuse the guy of is unfair, coz it does not equate to the indoctrination you have in mind.

The indoctrination you have in mind collocates more with the Bible thumpers you folks may have grown up with, the mainstay of American social life. A fair share of this population can be hypocritical.

The same can't be said about the Islamic people. They are probably the most devoutly religious people on the face of the earth. When they say they fast, they will, from 6am to 6pm, and some people don't even drink water. It's extremely difficult to understand this from a western point of view for we are talking about a whole new realm of human life thriving on self-sacrifice and self-denial for the belief in something.

Even if he is spewing crap, he does so without insulting anyone, I've never seen him hurl personal insults on anyone here. This is a religion forum and all religions are welcome to be discussed and presented here. He is not invading the atheist forum and buggering with its denizens

Quote:
And stop dropping in the strange alien language inserts. . لَقَدْ جِئْتُمْ شَيْئًا إِدًّا . تَكَادُ السَّمَاوَاتُ Do they make your point any better? Does it mean you hope Allah will "bless" your silly posts? Do you really think it adds credibility to your silly ideas?
I didn't expect this from you, professor. Alien language? It's probably urdu or arabic. He also makes sure he presents translation beneath them.

Several muslims actually consider it taboo to provide english translations or any other, for that matter, for it's basic belief that other languages are unclean in terms of blasphemy.

I detect basic cross-cultural deficiency here. But I hope you have a passport (unlike the tons who haven't set foot out of their closet) and have done some world travelling, given your galapagoes exploits which I bet you may have a ton, if I am to resign to the fact that you are truly a field scientist.

Quote:
Or do you realize that perhaps it's a big irritant to the rest of us, but you do it anyways?
I can turn that around for you. Contemporaneously, your numerous accounts of fossil formation, sedimentation, science research and the like are pretty much abracadabra to 90% of the folks here. You do realize that, don't you? We all know this is not a symposium to present white papers on the vagaries of radio wave communications or the metamorphosis of tadpoles. This is no research school, for Darwin's sake. An anonymous message board of people from diverse educational backgrounds (or even none), period.

I do understand you put sizeable effort typing them up, whether you employ google or not is known only to God (whom "I" believe he knows) or you.

But, you sure do realize it can be a big irritant for a fair share of the folks (I bet I'm not surrounded by Ph.Ds, domain techies and real time research scientists). Besides, who in the world likes geeks So, while you're at it, it's alright if our boy rolls out junk in alien languages. It's a tie. Case closed. Fini.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:17 PM

24,527 posts, read 33,410,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Ok and this is based on nothing, and has no scientific facts backing it up.
There are no scientific facts backing up why the earth is the 3rd planet from the sun, but it is anyway.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,748,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

For the record, the indoctrination you accuse the guy of is unfair, coz it does not equate to the indoctrination you have in mind.

The indoctrination you have in mind collocates more with the Bible thumpers you folks may have grown up with, the mainstay of American social life. A fair share of this population can be hypocritical.

The same can't be said about the Islamic people. They are probably the most devoutly religious people on the face of the earth. When they say they fast, they will, from 6am to 6pm, and some people don't even drink water. It's extremely difficult to understand this from a western point of view for we are talking about a whole new realm of human life thriving on self-sacrifice and self-denial for the belief in something.

Even if he is spewing crap, he does so without insulting anyone, I've never seen him hurl personal insults on anyone here. This is a religion forum and all religions are welcome to be discussed and presented here. He is not invading the atheist forum and buggering with its denizens

Indoctrination:
  • teaching someone to accept doctrines uncritically
  • Indoctrination is the process of ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or a professional methodology. It is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned. ...
  • The act of indoctrinating, or the condition of being indoctrinated; Instruction in the rudiments and principles of any science or belief system; information
  • indoctrinate - to teach with a biased or one-sided ideology
That's the indoctrination i have in mind.
I didn't grow up with bible thumpers and they certainly are not "the mainstay of American life"!!!
That's an interesting take you have on the U.S.A. and it's kinda disturbing that the very loud minority (which the fundamentalist, right wing so-called Christians are) seem to represent this country ... or rather, mis-represent it.

You said:
"a whole new realm of human life thriving on self-sacrifice and self-denial for the belief in something."
Say What?!!!
and
That's a good thing?!!!

What i was responding / reacting to were not personal attacks but a constant spewing of dogma that damns those who believe / perceive differently.

I have no issues with religious people as long as they don't attempt to control and/or condemn others with their doctrine.
So, though i'm not too keen on dogma, doctrine, indoctrination, brainwashing, etc. (being that freedom is kinda essential to me), as long as there is not an intent to harm others, whatever and so be it.

And certainly the history of and cultural gifts from the middle east (well, at this moment i'm thinking of Persia - btw didn't Alexander the Great destroy it in the 4th century?) is astonishing ... astonishing in the good sense.

And finally, i'm neither an atheist nor do i "believe in God" (the belief in God that you "have in mind) ... if you can grok that.

Last edited by coyoteskye; 08-11-2009 at 07:13 PM..

Old 08-11-2009, 07:23 PM

5,420 posts, read 6,519,708 times
Modern Islam is a little like pre-reformation Christianity in that they still mostly believe what their holy book says.

But of course, that's one of the things that makes Islam a bit more dangerous to those of us inclined to favor a liberal, secular democracy.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:06 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,801,623 times
Quote:
That's the indoctrination i have in mind.
Understood, but we need not tread into hazy waters where you have to treat christian indoctrination akin to its Islamic counterpart. These people don't tell that someone goes to hell, they don't thump the Quran, they don't do bumper stickers, nor do they show themselves up at gay people funerals with sign boards.

The middle east is largely mono-theocratic and the average muslim is a personal devotee of God and is not someone who will radiate his religion outwards, like it happens in the West.

Quote:
I didn't grow up with bible thumpers and they certainly are not "the mainstay of American life"!!!
That's an interesting take you have on the U.S.A. and it's kinda disturbing that the very loud minority (which the fundamentalist, right wing so-called Christians are) seem to represent this country ... or rather, mis-represent it.
I'm an outsider and it's an honest observation. In the several states I have been in, Bible activism has been the most vibrant and telling aspect of American social life. But then, I don't really consider NYC or LA truly American, for only one in 20 happens to be the descendant of 19th/early 20th century settlers.

Quote:
You said:
"a whole new realm of human life thriving on self-sacrifice and self-denial for the belief in something."
Say What?!!!
and
That's a good thing?!!!
It's unfortunate if you think it's not I'm not sure if you've heard of Sufism in Islam. It will give all those enlightenment buffs with hinduism/buddhism a run for their money.

Quote:
What i was responding / reacting to were not personal attacks but a constant spewing of dogma that damns those who believe / perceive differently.
Technically, this is the only place he is allowed to do that. The christians do it in their sub-forum. He can't be spewing it in the A&A. Ideally, they should create an Islamic sub-forum.

Quote:
And certainly the history of and cultural gifts from the middle east (well, at this moment i'm thinking of Persia - btw didn't Alexander the Great destroy it in the 4th century?) is astonishing ... astonishing in the good sense.
I admit it, Alex does not collocate well in peaceful matters. I simply had to throw him in for he's been my personal hero since I was 5 or 6

Contrary to popular belief, he didn't destroy the Persian dynasty (the Persians grew back to bugger the Romans), he was seen more of a liberator and strove to integrate them into his empire while his generals resisted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality