Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 05:15 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
How is that Boxcar!?
Because, by definition, the supernatural is a violation of the laws of nature. That is the very distinction between the natural and the supernatural.

On a different point:

A baby can see about 2 feet at birth. Most breast feeding mothers will tell you, I believe, that their babies can make eye contact as they feed.

Maybe this is just a language issue/misunderstanding. By "blind", if you mean babies are born legally blind, then that may be true. But if by "blind" you mean that a baby is totally incapable of sight until 40 days after birth, then you are clearly wrong. They have vision, albeit imperfect vision, at birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 08:07 PM

508 posts, read 1,107,472 times
Since I've been called on this before I have to preface this with IMO...

When people die and their body starts to decay that's about it in some people's mind. Most people believe in a spirit that continues beyond your body though, as do I. This spirit is then held between existences, like out of conciousness until called/awakened. I know there's some religions that believe you return in another life/form - I do not. You get one shot IMO. There's others that say you will be brought back in your current form for another purpose as if death is not permanent. I do not think this is the case with most but do believe it has occured and will continue to occur in rare situations. Then there's the belief that you will not return on earth but go on to a new place, whether instantly or otherwise. I don't think anything is instant after death but may seem that way to the deceased. So in this logic I don't believe there's a throng of people watching the events on earth from heaven or hell... the dead are all just dead and frozen in time.

Without starting to sound like I'm pushing my religion too much, I'll reserve the rest of my thoughts on future events concerning the dead unless specifically asked.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:17 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,171 times
You'd have to take a trip to the local cemetery to find the only people who know the answer to that question, and they're not talking.

Really, they're not!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:51 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Because, by definition, the supernatural is a violation of the laws of nature. That is the very distinction between the natural and the supernatural.
This is only a fallacy.
God is the causative of the result and the doer of all acts. He is not the violation, but the creative of all systems and orders, and He inserted the natural laws in the universe.
And God keeps up these systems and orders in harmony; and He keeps up the existence of all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
On a different point:

A baby can see about 2 feet at birth. Most breast feeding mothers will tell you, I believe, that their babies can make eye contact as they feed.

Maybe this is just a language issue/misunderstanding. By "blind", if you mean babies are born legally blind, then that may be true. But if by "blind" you mean that a baby is totally incapable of sight until 40 days after birth, then you are clearly wrong. They have vision, albeit imperfect vision, at birth.
The development of the baby is a contiuous process since he was a fetus in the uterus of his mother, then this development continues as he is born, but until he reaches his 40 days old (or about 6 weeks), he then starts to see the things near to him, like the nipple of his mother's breast and he goes directly to it and engulfs it to start sucking.

While before the 40 days, he cannot see the nipple of the breast, so he moves his head right and left until his mouth comes in touch with the nipple and he then engulfs it and sucks (and there are some reflexes that enables him to do this: like when the nipple or even your finger comes in contact with the angle of his mouth, then he turns his mouth to it, in addition to the sucking reflex ).

See the details of such tests and observations that anyone can do, to be certain this is true:

Man after Death
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
The fetus neither hears nor sees

Old 08-05-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
Since I've been called on this before I have to preface this with IMO...

When people die and their body starts to decay that's about it in some people's mind. Most people believe in a spirit that continues beyond your body though, as do I. This spirit is then held between existences, like out of conciousness until called/awakened. I know there's some religions that believe you return in another life/form - I do not. You get one shot IMO. There's others that say you will be brought back in your current form for another purpose as if death is not permanent. I do not think this is the case with most but do believe it has occured and will continue to occur in rare situations. Then there's the belief that you will not return on earth but go on to a new place, whether instantly or otherwise. I don't think anything is instant after death but may seem that way to the deceased. So in this logic I don't believe there's a throng of people watching the events on earth from heaven or hell... the dead are all just dead and frozen in time.

Without starting to sound like I'm pushing my religion too much, I'll reserve the rest of my thoughts on future events concerning the dead unless specifically asked.
So there is:
death
body decays
soul remains alive

But the difference is that the soul till Judgment Day: what happens to it.
Here some think, it will stay sleeping or something like that until Judgment Day, then the body will be resurrected and the soul will return to its body, and man will be judged.

This is not correct.

The true thing is that the soul will depart from the body by death, and the soul will be in the world of souls or the afterlife; where it will live forever in the spiritual form.

The soul is the true man; it is the soul that hears, sees and perceives the pain and pleasure. The body was the mould for forming the soul, then when it departs from the body by death, there will be no need for the body anymore. The body will be in such case like the egg-shell which the chicken breaks and get out of its egg.

So there will be no resurrection of the body; because no need for it; it only put some burden and heaviness on the soul, and it is full of dirt, urine, sweat and flatus, and its material body cells has some limited age, while the soul is immortal, and the death is only for the body, not for the soul.

Man after Death
The body will not be restored

Then when Judgment Day will come, they will be sorted into two categories:
The atheists, idolaters and associaters --> will go to Hell to abide therein forever.

The monotheists who devote themselves to God and work righteous work --> will go to Paradise, after being judged.

Man after Death

Old 08-05-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
You'd have to take a trip to the local cemetery to find the only people who know the answer to that question, and they're not talking.

Really, they're not!

You are right about the body, but not correct about the soul.

>> About the body: it will be like a cast board of wood: does not understand, neither does it hear nor does it see.

So the bodies will not talk, whatever you speak to them.

This is in the Quran 35: 22
وما يَسْتَوي الأحياءُ ولا الأمواتُ ، إنّ اللهَ يُسْمِعُ مَنْ يَشاءُ ، وما أنتَ بِمُسْمِعٍ مَنْ في القُبُورِ

The explanation:
(Nor are the living equal with the dead. God makes to hear whomsoever He will, but you cannot make those in their graves to hear.)

Here, God – celebrated be His praise – says to His prophet Mohammed – salam be to him :
These disbelievers do not hear what you say; because of their extreme stubbornness, just as that the dead [buried] in the graves: do not hear anyone that talk with them.

Hence, this Quranic revelation confirms that the dead [body], from which the soul is separated, does not hear anyone that talks with it; because no life in it.

Moreover, God – be exalted – said in the Quran, 27: 80
إنَّكَ لا تُسْمِعُ الْمَوتى ولا تُسْمِعُ الصُّمَّ الدُّعاءَ إذا وَلَّوا مُدْبِرِين

The explanation:
(Truly, you [Mohammed] cannot cause the dead to hear, nor can you cause the deaf to hear the call [specially] when they turn back [away from you.] )

Therefore, these Quranic revelations declare that dead bodies neither hear nor understand; because they are dead bodies having not any life, and will vanish after some years and become soil.

Man after Death
What is man?

>> While the soul is alive, the soul can hear, see and understand, but they cannot talk to us with any audible voice, and we cannot hear them; they may only make us understand their words by the inspiration not by any hearable words.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:09 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
Oh that makes a world of sense. What you're basically telling us with this logic is no one is valid on anything unless they experience it. Is that your basic arguement? So unless there's some dead guy posting on here we can't reach a conclusion on this issue?

Any zombies here? Undead? Please contribute. Anyone....???

I think it's very logical for us to be able to reach a conclusion on this matter without having to go through it ourselves. It would hurt me too much to go through what you suggest just to validate my posts.
And this conclusion of yours is correct just because you say so? No other evidence required? No proofs?

I have some ocean front property in Arizona for you...

Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
What does scientific evidence have to do with it?
Well, ......if there were a REAL god, there would be evidence, not hearsay or the ramblings of a self-serving book and/or clergy. Of course the book and clergy want you to believe in myths, if you don't they are out of work

Old 08-06-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Well, ......if there were a REAL god, there would be evidence, not hearsay or the ramblings of a self-serving book and/or clergy. Of course the book and clergy want you to believe in myths, if you don't they are out of work
God is Real and True, and the evidence is so obvious; the atheist only insists in order to turn the truth upside down.
Actually the atheism is the rambling.

In fact:
The Heavenly books guide people to God alone.

The clergy and the religious man almost wants to convince people with their enthusiasm and associating [the Christ and other saints, apostles, prophets and imams] with God in the worship.

The atheist, on the other hand, tries to convince people with his atheism and works with zeal; to please his party and friends; who certainly will not avail him against God in the next afterlife.

This is in the Quran 92: 4-11
إِنَّ سَعْيَكُمْ لَشَتَّى . فَأَمَّا مَن أَعْطَى وَاتَّقَى . وَصَدَّقَ بِالْحُسْنَى . فَسَنُيَسِّرُهُ لِلْيُسْرَى . وَأَمَّا مَن بَخِلَ وَاسْتَغْنَى . وَكَذَّبَ بِالْحُسْنَى . فَسَنُيَسِّرُهُ لِلْعُسْرَى . وَمَا يُغْنِي عَنْهُ مَالُهُ إِذَا تَرَدَّى

The explanation:
(Surely, your striving is [to] diverse [ends.]

>> But as for him who gives [alms to the poor and needy for the sake of God], and wards off [the disobedience of God.]

And believes in the best [rewarding for him in the afterlife, and in Paradise.]

Surely We will prepare for him [only] the mild [punishment in the Barzakh world after death.]

>> But he who is miser (or stingy) [with his wealth, in regard to the poor and needy], and has forgone [the Quran and the Islam religion],

And gives lie to the best [rewarding in the afterlife, and Paradise.]

We shall surely prepare for him the hard [punishment in the afterlife.]

Nor will his wealth [which he collected in his life of the World] profit him when he will fall headlong into the pit [of the Fire.])

Old 08-06-2009, 11:36 AM

508 posts, read 1,107,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
And this conclusion of yours is correct just because you say so? No other evidence required? No proofs?

I have some ocean front property in Arizona for you...
Sweet! I'll take it!

Predos, I'm only saying that the truth about death has been made available for us to know - if indeed you believe that we have a soul that exists beyond this life. I'm gonna die someday and I don't personally know what it will look-feel-sound like or anything at the time of my passing. What I do know is I will continue and I have been told enough about the next life to believe it's far better than this one I'm muddling through.... I also don't agree with many who say things about being whispy spirits or anything like that. I'm not sittin' on any cloud someday with angel wings and a halo. I'm not going to travel with aliens or be given a new buff body or personality. No 20,000 virgins for me..... I'll just be me, in this body, with the Creator and his angels and Christ and any others who overcame the fight against sin, resurrected and forever changed to no longer age or decay. Death is the only way to shake this curse (oooo that word may be too strong for some of my bretheren). My proof is the Bible validated by my relationship with Christ, conviction and careful consideration of his written word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality