Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 10:29 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,839,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
UUMMM Sorry to tell you, babies CAN see( while hazy and in black and white) at birth and as the brain develops they can see even more and more clear, there have been many tests to prove this. Your statement of this just proves you know absolutely NOTHING about anything. Also they can hear as well, you really need to do so reading outside your weird sites and get a clue.

Developmental milestones: Sight | BabyCenter
Developmental milestones: Hearing | BabyCenter
The ear and the eye of the baby undergo development while they are even in the womb, but when can he satisfactorily hear and see?

This is in the link that you give:

"When it develops

Unlike a baby's hearing, which is fully mature by the end of his first month outside the womb,

the sense of sight develops gradually over 6 to 8 months, at which point your baby will see the world almost as well as you do."

This proves that at least you have to know SOMETHING about something of the baby development, before saying your weird words.

And I tell you, that the hearing develps before the sight as does the many ayat of the Quran declare. See the aya in my previous reply where it gives the sequence of development: the hearing, the sight and the spiritual heart.

and you have to know after reading the observations and tests in my previous post, that it is only about the age of 6 weeks (or about 40 days) that the baby can satisfactorily hear and see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 10:35 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,690,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The ear and the eye of the baby undergo development while they are even in the womb, but when can he satisfactorily hear and see?

This is in the link that you give:

"When it develops

Unlike a baby's hearing, which is fully mature by the end of his first month outside the womb,

the sense of sight develops gradually over 6 to 8 months, at which point your baby will see the world almost as well as you do."

This proves that at least you have to know SOMETHING about something of the baby development, before saying your weird words.

And I tell you, that the hearing develps at first before the sight as does the many ayat of the Quran declares,

and you have to know after reading the observations and tests in my previous post, that it is only about the age of 6 weeks (or about 40 days) that the baby can satisfactorily hear and see.

From that site:

From the get-go, your baby will pay close attention to voices, especially high-pitched ones. He'll respond to familiar sounds (you or your partner talking or reading a favorite story, for example). He's also likely to startle at loud or unexpected noises. WHICH MEANS HE CAN HEAR and is NOT DEAF like you state.

And the site also says

From the day your baby's born, his eyes will aid his physical, mental, and emotional development by allowing him to take in information — a little bit at first, and eventually much more — about the world around him.

WHICH MEANS THEY CAN SEE AND HEAR AT BIRTH AND ARE NOT BLIND AS YOU SAY!!!!

Develops means over time, getting better and better, NO WHERE DOES IT SAY THEY ARE BLIND OR DEAF as you say.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:45 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,839,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
From that site:

From the get-go, your baby will pay close attention to voices, especially high-pitched ones. He'll respond to familiar sounds (you or your partner talking or reading a favorite story, for example). He's also likely to startle at loud or unexpected noises. WHICH MEANS HE CAN HEAR and is NOT DEAF like you state.

And the site also says

From the day your baby's born, his eyes will aid his physical, mental, and emotional development by allowing him to take in information — a little bit at first, and eventually much more — about the world around him.

WHICH MEANS THEY CAN SEE AND HEAR AT BIRTH AND ARE NOT BLIND AS YOU SAY!!!!

Develops means over time, getting better and better, NO WHERE DOES IT SAY THEY ARE BLIND OR DEAF as you say.
This is practically not correct, and I tell you again that the baby can satisfactorily see and hear only after the age of 6 weeks or 40 days, and in order to confirm this, you can do such tests as stated in the link:

Man after Death
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
The fetus neither hears nor sees

And as I mentioned this in my post 119.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:48 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,690,827 times
Quote:
This is practically not correct, and I tell you again that the baby can satisfactorily see and hear only after the age of 6 weeks or 40 days, and in order to confirm this, you can do such tests as stated in the link:

Man after Death

No you said BLIND AND DEAF can not see can not hear.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:49 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,589,564 times
His body will become worm food while his soul will attain the Kingdom of Heaven or the nadir of hell

Old 08-04-2009, 10:52 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,884,511 times
Simple: The lights go out, nothingness, you turn into worm food. The End. There is no soul. Please give me concrete proof of a soul/afterlife if you disagree.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:11 PM

895 posts, read 2,368,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What evidence do you have that there is no God ?
WHy do I need evidence to prove there is NOT a god? How ridiculous. You need to prove something is true FIRST than we can look at your real evidence not a book then we can disprove it. I can say right now i have a flying pink unicorn chained in my backyard and you should say "prove it" and I will say "but u cant prove i dont have one!". It doesn't work like that. You made the claim, the burden of proof is with you.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:20 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,375,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
WHy do I need evidence to prove there is NOT a god? How ridiculous. You need to prove something is true FIRST than we can look at your real evidence not a book then we can disprove it. I can say right now i have a flying pink unicorn chained in my backyard and you should say "prove it" and I will say "but u cant prove i dont have one!". It doesn't work like that. You made the claim, the burden of proof is with you.
Why do you need evidence ? , because i want to know why in your opinion you believe it's true in your mind that God does not exist ? What is ridiculous about that.

Are you going to deny i exist because you do not see me , what about my friends and family, neighbors you have never seen them , do they exist ? .

Old 08-04-2009, 12:34 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,653,318 times
Quote:

Man after Death

There's NOTHING in post 119 that says a baby can satisfactorily see and hear. But that isn't what was said. Here's the quote:
Quote:
Approach to an infant, and sit near to him, on condition that his age does not exceed ten days, then shout near his head, you will see that the baby does not move or cry; for he is deaf and cannot hear any thing of your voice.

Then make another examination of this baby: that is to pass your hand in front of his eyes and you will see that he does not close his eyes and that his eyelids do not blink; that is because he is blind and cannot see anything.

Approach to an infant, and sit near to him, on condition that his age does not exceed ten days, then shout near his head, you will see that the baby does not move or cry; for he is deaf and cannot hear any thing of your voice.

Then make another examination of this baby: that is to pass your hand in front of his eyes and you will see that he does not close his eyes and that his eyelids do not blink; that is because he is blind and cannot see anything.
Babies normally can hear and respond to sounds even while they are still in the womb well before birth. They are not born deaf. Babies can also normally see. They don't see well because it takes time for the eyes and muscles to develop the ability to focus on things. There's not much to look at in the womb, but they are born to optically see things close up. They are not born blind.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:40 PM

895 posts, read 2,368,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why do you need evidence ? , because i want to know why in your opinion you believe it's true in your mind that God does not exist ? What is ridiculous about that.

Are you going to deny i exist because you do not see me , what about my friends and family, neighbors you have never seen them , do they exist ? .
You are posting right now, you could post pictures if you wanted to. I could fly to you and take dna tests. Tons of evidence. Youre claiming something exists with absolutely no evidence. I can say there are flying whales in space that eat planets, I made the claim so i have the burden of proof, I cant just say "well you cant prove theyre not real".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality