Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 01:22 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,839,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ah, This is the first time I've seen a muslim use Pascals wager, but it means nothing to me, for I'm certain that death is final....What is your purpose here? You will not persuade anyone to your faith by calling us fools you know....When you produce proof that what you say is true I'll listen, but I do not consider words from any holy book proof, nor testimonies from people I don't know
Ah, I see you are the same my old amigo; aren't you
Anyhow, the arguments of atheists are the same: they have some arguments which they know by heart; almost they have read that in some books of a drunkard atheist

I tell you some arguments of atheists:

If you say to them: God is the Creator, they say: Who created God? and if you tell them there is afterlife, they say these are myths.

Other ways they use: if one tells them, God is the Designer: they say: this is the argument from design.

In addition to this Pascal's wager, although I don't mind it is Pascal's or other than Pascal's.

The other thing they say: the teapot of Russel ...etc.

And if you tell them some argument derived from the Glorious Quran: the word of God, they say: we don't accept argument from holy book ...

Anyhow their words are similar, as are their ways of deceiving themselves and deceiving others to be against their Lord God Most Gracious, Who created them and bestowed on them all His grace, blessings and favor, and to Whose judgment they will resort, willingly or by loath.

And I tell them, in case you are truthful in your claims, and you are sure and certain: no god and no afterlife; what's all this zeal for your atheism? Did Satan promised you with any reward, when you follow him?

Here is a real and true joke:

I had a neighbor since childhood, then we left each other for about 30 years, then we met: we also were collegues in the same study and the same career.

All that family of our neighbors were communists inclining to atheism, then we met as I said after this long time of about 30 years; so I asked him about his family members:

I said to him: "How is your brother A?" He said: "He has been excuted by the tyrant: he is a martyr!" and I was sorry for our neighbor.

I then asked him: "How is your brother B?" He said: "He is a martyr in the same way!"

Then I asked him another question: "How is your brother C?" He said: "Also he is a martyr!"

And I was sad for this family; and I could not ask him [because this will add more to his sadness]: what do you mean by "martyr"? Have your brothers gone to Paradise:
that is because all of them were atheists, they deny any afterlife and any Paradise or Hell, in addition to their denial of God their Creator.

Then I told him this idea which you call Pascal's wager; and he was reluctant [but I am certain: that when he is alone at night, and thinks it over: he will certainly discover he is wrong, but cannot admit it, because of his party and his friends who will not avail him anything against God];

This atheist goes on in his error and confusion, till death will come on him and he is in his error, and will have complete loss of both the World, and the next afterlife.

This is in the Quran 18: 103-108
قُلْ هَلْ نُنَبِّئُكُمْ بِالْأَخْسَرِينَ أَعْمَالًا . الَّذِينَ ضَلَّ سَعْيُهُمْ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَهُمْ يَحْسَبُونَ أَنَّهُمْ يُحْسِنُونَ صُنْعًا . أُولَئِكَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بِآيَاتِ رَبِّهِمْ وَلِقَائِهِ فَحَبِطَتْ أَعْمَالُهُمْ فَلَا نُقِيمُ لَهُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَزْنًا . ذَلِكَ جَزَاؤُهُمْ جَهَنَّمُ بِمَا كَفَرُوا وَاتَّخَذُوا آيَاتِي وَرُسُلِي هُزُوًا . إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ كَانَتْ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتُ الْفِرْدَوْسِ نُزُلًا . خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا لَا يَبْغُونَ عَنْهَا حِوَلًا

The explanation:
(Say: "Shall we tell you who will be the greatest losers in [the reward of] their works?"

[They are] those whose efforts in the Worldly life will be lost, while they think that they are doing good deeds.

Those are they who unbelieve in the revelations of their Lord and [in] the meeting with Him;
so their works have failed, and on the Judgment Day
We shall not make for them any judgment.

That is their reward: Hell; because they unbelieved and took My revelations and My messengers as a jest.

Those who believe and work righteous [works]; there will be for them the Gardens of 'Paradise' (: 'the broken trees of the World.)

They will be dwelling therein forever, and they will desire no transmission therefrom.)

Man after Death

Last edited by eanassir; 08-07-2009 at 01:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 02:09 AM

320 posts, read 450,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
The dead knows nothing until the resurrection. There will be 2 resurrections, the 1st are for the saints (true believers) who will be given glorified eternal bodies to rule the humans on earth with Jesus Christ for 1000 years. After the 1000 years are over comes the 2nd resurrection of the rest of mankind to face God on Judgment Day. The saved will receive eternal life while the wicked will die a second death in the Lake of Fire. This is the truth revealed in the Bible.

Is There Life After Death? - by Richard F. Ames
...sigh...yawn...sigh! sorry to burst your little bubble! theres know 2 ressurections! There is going to be "NO" rapture for you lot who are looking up in the clouds to be wizzed away! We will All go through the tribulation together! Theres only one Ressurrection and that will be when All mankind who are living right now! and those who are in there graves, and those who are dead in the sea...etc will be raised up at the ressurection to stand before the throne of God which is the judgement day of the Lord...at the second coming of christ every eye will see him!! even those who pierced him!

Rev 1:7 Look he is coming with the clouds and every eye will see him and even those who pierced him and all peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be!

You your self will be amoung those who will witness this day! And same!

Each to his own! grace and peace!

Old 08-07-2009, 02:25 AM

589 posts, read 1,563,248 times
mightynerd,
Yes, we will all go through the Great Tribulation... but at the end the elect will be gathered in the "gathering of the saints" which is the first resurrection and rapture! Immediately after the gathering, the 7 bowls of God's wrath will pour down on earth for 10 days (Trumpets to Atonement), then Jesus Christ comes down on Mt. of Olives with his ARMY OF SAINTS! The saints are his administrators who will rule the humans on earth for 1000 years.

Revelation 20:4-6

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:40 AM

Quote:
mightynerd,
Yes, we will all go through the Great Tribulation... but at the end the elect will be gathered in the "gathering of the saints" which is the first resurrection and rapture! Immediately after the gathering, the 7 bowls of God's wrath will pour down on earth for 10 days (Trumpets to Atonement), then Jesus Christ comes down on Mt. of Olives with his ARMY OF SAINTS! The saints are his administrators who will rule the humans on earth for 1000 years.
How can you say we will go through the tribulation together and then say at the end the elect will be gathered in, when we all are going to be here going through the trib!!

grace and peace!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
mightynerd,
Yes, we will all go through the Great Tribulation... but at the end the elect will be gathered in the "gathering of the saints" which is the first resurrection and rapture! Immediately after the gathering, the 7 bowls of God's wrath will pour down on earth for 10 days (Trumpets to Atonement), then Jesus Christ comes down on Mt. of Olives with his ARMY OF SAINTS! The saints are his administrators who will rule the humans on earth for 1000 years..
We ALLL will go through the tribulation...wilvan...the 7 bowls of God's wrath will be poured down on the earth and we will be here when this happens...this is so God can see who will remain fathful to him during that time...At the end the angels of the lord will be sent out to all four corners of the earth to gather up the elect and fathful..the Holy Saints...who stood by and trust God through the trib...then mankind and all dead and in there grave and those dead in the sea etc...are raised up too! All will be standing before him! all will see him! just had to add my little 1c..!

grace and peace to you wilvan, it's obvious you believe what you have been taught and I can respect that!

So! I guess its each to their own! God bless!

Old 08-07-2009, 04:33 AM

The Body will not be resurrected

God revealed the Torah, the Psalms and the Books of the prophets (most of them are included in the Old Testament) and in spite of this, Jews invented many things that God did not reveal in these Heavenly books: some imaginations and arranged doctrines about the next world, the Judgment, Paradise and Hell.

Then God revealed the Gospel to Jesus and sent the apostles of Jesus: Peter and his comrades and in spite of this, Christians invented many things that God did not reveal in these Heavenly books; all that are imaginations, gesture and deeming without certain revelation from God.

Then God revealed the Glorious Quran to Mohammed, with the clear revelations and obvious signs of God, and correction of the distortions in the previous Torah and Gospel --> and even so Muslims invented many things that God did not reveal in the Quran; and some of such doctrines they adopted from the erring past nations of Jews and Christians.

While if you now investigate and study the Glorious Quran, as did the interpreter Mohammed-Ali Hassan al-Hilly explain, there will be no resurrection of bodies, and the soul will live forever.

And only such idea of the bodies to be resurrected is misunderstood as belonging to the Quran: Muslims have adopted the idea of the resurrection from Jews and Christians who in turn adopted from the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Roman who were heathen and idolaters worshipping idols.

Man after Death
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
The body will not be restored

In addition, there are many added and deleted parts of the Torah and the Gospel, like the Book of Revelation is not authentic.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The Body will not be resurrected.
Yep thats right, already know that!!! It's not the physical that will be ressurrected! as that returns to dust and becomes dust, again! It's The spirit/soul of All that will be raised up and gathered together! after the trib...If you have other beliefs oh wel fine! but i stand by my beliefs and respect anyone else who might have a different view..!

grace and peace each to his own!

Old 08-07-2009, 05:02 AM

And those who survive through the trib will be changed in a twinkling of an eye!!! Ok thats me on this subject! I'm done now!

grace and peace!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:31 AM

The general outcome of people following death

Following death, the soul will leave the body; the body will decay and become dust; the body will not return once again to life.

The soul is the true man; the soul will survive forever.

Now Doomsday has not come yet.

Souls will live in the world of souls or the afterlife. This world is round about us, but we do not perceive it and do not perceive the spiritual beings.

A - The idolaters, associaters (associating other beings with God) and the atheists: will lose; Satan and devils will be set on them, and they will serve Satan and tormented by Satan till Doomsday.

On Doomsday, this category will be admitted into the Hell of Saqar, without judgment, and no intercession nor any redemption will avail them; because they violated the essential part of the faith: which is the devotion to God alone without associate or son or daughter or patron.

B - The monotheists (who devote themselves to God alone, and believe in all His apostles and all His revealed Books), who work righteous work and avoid the diobedience of God
--> will go to the Paradise of Abode which is the lowest layer of the ethereal heavens or the kingdom of heavens, and live there in happiness and safety till Doomsday,

then will be judged to be admitted into Paradise of Everlasting (or Paradise of Prosperity: the kingdom of heavens) and have their deserved rank in Paradise. None may enter this Paradise, unless after his judgment.

C - The monotheists who have some sins and negligence of many of their duties --> will have their mild punishment in the afterlife or the world of souls, then will go to their families (their past family house in the World, or their new families in the Paradise of Abode.)

Moreover, the admission into Paradise or Hell is not for all souls: this will only be for those who saw their apostle himself in the life of the World: those who deny him and keep up with their idolatry and association --> will go the Hell of the core of the earth, immediately following their death.

And those who believe in their apostle and convert to the new religion of monotheism and following the new apostle --> will go to the Paradise of Abode immediately following their death.

What is said about the afterlife: there will be only their sending from their bodies to the afterlife, then on Judgment Day their sending to the Gathering together for Judgment.

Man after Death

Then from the list of Contents, click on many topics for more details.

Last edited by eanassir; 08-07-2009 at 07:39 AM..

Old 08-07-2009, 08:16 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,574,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
You cannot be any logical, in case you insist on this nothingness after death, and that all this is only myths.

How can you be so certain? Have you passed the experience of death?

At least one should put this into consideration:

If there is nothing after death (and this is only for the purpose of discussion) --> none will lose neither the believer nor the atheist.

If there is God and afterlife (to this I am certain) --> the atheist will lose, and the righteous believer will propsper.

So now, you claim nothing after death, but if there is the afterlife world, and the reward and punishment is true; what will be the position of the foolish atheist?
With statements such as this, you really ought to refrain from making statements concerning logic. Then you admit to an agenda for which you have no proof and insist on its truth. That, in addition to your version of Pascals Wager show how limited your arguments are, and without fact to back you up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality