Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 10:21 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,571,681 times

Advertisements

[quote=eanassir;10221019]
Quote:
I said
That would appear to be the basic problem with all of your posts, "I said".

No one cares or take as fact anything that you say. Without you, they will either believe or not.

All of your verbose ramblings lend nothing to the discussion, especially coming from one who can only believe himself.

Last edited by Arjay51; 08-11-2009 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 11:18 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,113,454 times
The fly, dog, horse, cockroach, my pet cat Gizmo, and what the heck, bacterium cell. What do these things run on? Do they have souls or is it something else?

If the answer is no, could it be that us human beings also run and operate because of the same exact thing

I'd love to hear an answer on this that doesn't require faith.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:23 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,740,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The danger to the planet comes from two main parties:

1- The party of the atheists and disbelievers in general:

Like what happened to the planet of the "Asteroids". That planet was inhabited, but its inhabitants were infidels and disbelievers; they disbelieved, rebelled and oppressed; so God destroyed their planet and took revenge on them.

God –be exalted –said in the Quran 67: 16
أأمنتم مَنْ في السماءِ أنْ يَخسِفَ بِكمُ الأرضَ فإذا هيَ تَمورُ ؟
The explanation:
(Do you [people] feel secure that [God] Who is in heaven will not cleave the earth with you, [as did He cleave another earth with its people before you], so that it then [shall] violently heave?)

The interpretation:
Have you [people] taken security from the punishment and might of God ?
Aren’t you afraid that He will destroy your Earth, as had He destroyed an inhabited earth before you, then those pieces of the destroyed planet started to swim and move about, i.e. swim in the space, and none had survived alive, and as such will your earth be if He breaks it up.

ÕÝÍÉ ÌÏíÏÉ 1
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
The mistake of Astronomers about the Asteroids 1

2- The party of those who associate others with God, like angels, Jesus and other prophets, saints and imams, particularly Christians who claim Jesus as the son of God, and the pagan Arab before the Islam, who claimed the angels are the daughters of God.

This is in the Quran 19: 88-91
وَقَالُوا اتَّخَذَ الرَّحْمَنُ وَلَدًا . لَقَدْ جِئْتُمْ شَيْئًا إِدًّا . تَكَادُ السَّمَاوَاتُ يَتَفَطَّرْنَ مِنْهُ وَتَنشَقُّ الْأَرْضُ وَتَخِرُّ الْجِبَالُ هَدًّا . أَن دَعَوْا لِلرَّحْمَنِ وَلَدًا

The explanation:
(And they say: "[God] Most Gracious has begotten a son [or daughters.]"

Indeed, you have advanced a thing most hideous.

Because of that; the skies are about to crack, the earth split asunder and the mountains fall down crushed.

In case they [insist] on attributing a son [or daughters] to the Most Gracious.)

ÕÝÍÉ ÌÏíÏÉ 1
What is Doomsday?

man, you are one indoctrinated dude!!!
you're just broadcasting.
where is the voice of your heart and free mind?
same question to indoctrinated christians.
this is insane.
fascinating ... but insane.

Last edited by coyoteskye; 08-11-2009 at 11:39 AM..

Old 08-11-2009, 11:30 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,937,489 times
Wink "when we we children, we though as children, but as adults,... some still think like children!

eanassir said:

"Talking to your bunny; this is something imaginary and one of children stories"

Just like you talking about your god. Absolutely no difference, except the kids all grew up and some became rational observers and commenters on life. You, apparently, not so much.

And stop dropping in the strange alien language inserts. . لَقَدْ جِئْتُمْ شَيْئًا إِدًّا . تَكَادُ السَّمَاوَاتُ Do they make your point any better? Does it mean you hope Allah will "bless" your silly posts? Do you really think it adds credibility to your silly ideas?

Or do you realize that perhaps it's a big irritant to the rest of us, but you do it anyways?

Perhaps Nihon Kitty could post all of her responses in Japanese? O-negai shimas...?

Old 08-11-2009, 11:31 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,769,868 times
I don't understand why everyone bashes one of the "few" muslims on the board. Hospitality, huh?

Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,080,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I don't understand why everyone bashes one of the "few" muslims on the board. Hospitality, huh?

Probably because most of them aren't honest about what islam and shariah law actually teaches.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:39 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,740,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
i'm not bashing the poster for being a muslim but rather for being someone who is spouting doctrine that is antithetical to life and love and tolerance and openness and who damns all who do not perceive / believe simarly to him.
indoctrinated christians who are similarly intolerant and bigoted are equally toxic ... anyone who is attached to and cherishes ideas and beliefs that are against others is toxic.
it's all the same s*** ... just different expressions of it.

Last edited by coyoteskye; 08-11-2009 at 12:00 PM..

Old 08-11-2009, 12:12 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,937,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
i'm not bashing the poster for being a muslim but rather for being someone who is spouting doctrine that is antithetical to life and love and tolerance and openness and who damns all who do not perceive / believe simarly to him.
indoctrinated christians who are similarly intolerant and bigoted are equally toxic ... anyone who is attached to and cherishes ideas and beliefs that are against others is toxic.
it's all the same s*** ... just different expressions of it.
Ditto. Qusetion, Antlered; why do so many Christians bash atheists? Why do they claim it's a "religion"? So they can drag us in the same leaky boat they're in? Why do they claim we have no ethics, no morals, etc.

Because there's some lightly suppressed agression here that we cannot express out in front of our Super Value store. And, as well, when eanassir launches into his fundy ideas, if we/I perceive them to be without merit because they rely on unintelligible iconic Farsi (or whatever) language "quotes", why should we then pay more attention? Why should I not criticize the ideas and fakey approach? Should we play nicey-nice just because he's a poor defenseless lone Muslim? Poor baby....

I can assure you, I find Islam far more rational than nut-ball Christianity, and far better organized. Too bad they want to replace Christianity in the world as the dominant super-religion. And that they also rely on ancient mythology and unconfirmable supernaturalism and faith-based beliefs in the face of factual evidence to the contrary. That's too much to accept, for me anyhow.

But, if you want me to play favoritism, just let me know. I'll go easy on him. Poor baby.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:11 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,838,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
The fly, dog, horse, cockroach, my pet cat Gizmo, and what the heck, bacterium cell. What do these things run on? Do they have souls or is it something else?

If the answer is no, could it be that us human beings also run and operate because of the same exact thing

I'd love to hear an answer on this that doesn't require faith.

The spirit and the soul

Every material object, including the living organisms, has an ethereal skeleton: the spirit, which is a true copy of the material object.

The spirit of man is called "soul".

The fly, dog, horse, cockroach, your cat Gizmo, and bacterium cell: all have their spirits, but it is not called soul.

Only the human being, after 40 days old, is called the human soul.

Moreover, it requires 40 days for the ethereal skeleton or frame to be firmly coherent to its parts; while if it is less than 40 days and the organism dies or change into other forms, then almost, no established spirit can be formed for it.

The same thing is applied to all material objects, like the cups, the dishes, the clothes and dresses ...etc: if it is more than 40 days old, there will be a firm spirit for it; while if it is less than 40 days old, it will have no established spirit, and there will be no spirit for it.

In other words, the ethereal world is the image of the material world, and the material world is the mould for forming the ethereal beings and ethereal structures.

Man after Death
What is man?
The soul

Last edited by eanassir; 08-11-2009 at 01:56 PM..

Old 08-11-2009, 01:15 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,838,852 times
[quote=Predos;10222131]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

That would appear to be the basic problem with all of your posts, "I said".

No one cares or take as fact anything that you say. Without you, they will either believe or not.

All of your verbose ramblings lend nothing to the discussion, especially coming from one who can only believe himself.

That is what I said, and this is what you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality