Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 02:45 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,839,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
With statements such as this, you really ought to refrain from making statements concerning logic. Then you admit to an agenda for which you have no proof and insist on its truth. That, in addition to your version of Pascals Wager show how limited your arguments are, and without fact to back you up.
Pedros, don't sit upside down , neither say any word, uless you should speak the truth and nothing other than the truth; whether it is Pascal's or someone else: God is True and is Truthful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 08:31 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,573,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Pedros, don't sit upside down , neither say any word, uless you should speak the truth and nothing other than the truth; whether it is Pascal's or someone else: God is True and is Truthful.
First, use a spell checker.

Second, you just posted to speak the truth, a subject that you apparently know nothing about. Because YOU believe some fairy tale does not make it true.

Third, you have no proof that there is a god, let alone the nature of such an entity. Other, of course, than your books of myth.

You really need to consider looking at other views than those prejudiced ones in your fairy tale.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:54 AM

The afterlife punishment of the atheist, the idolater and the associater

In my post 189 I said: "A - The idolaters, associaters (associating other beings with God) and the atheists: will lose; Satan and devils will be set on them, and they will serve Satan and tormented by Satan till Doomsday."

I here shall explain how this is:

When the disbeliever and the associater dies, the angels will leave him be, after beating his face and back (and then he will realize that he has lost everything),

then a devil will come and shout in his face with a terrible voice,

and if the disbeliever is a coward, he will surrender to the devil who will capture him, take him to torment and abase him by every means, and may cast him in the volcanoes, or may ascend with him to the high layers of the sky.

But in case the disbeliever is brave and does not submit to the devil, then the devil will call other devils: and they will come some of them riding horses and others walking, and they carry weapons, so that they will overcome him and put chains in his hands and bound his hands to his neck in chains, and take him to torment and subject him, while he cannot get rid of them.

God – be glorified - said in the Quran 17: 64 – addressing Ibliess (: Satan):
و اسْتَفْزِزْ مَن اسْتَطَعْتَ مِنْهُمْ بِصَوْتِكَ و أجْلِبْ عَلَيْهِمْ بِخَيْلِكَ و رَجِلِكَ و شارِكْهُمْ في الأمْوالِ و الأوْلادِ و عِدْهُمْ و ما يَعِدُهُمُ الشّيْطانُ إلاّ غُرُوراً

The explanation:
( And startle, with your voice, any of them whom you can [startle],

and urge your horse-soldiers [the cavalry] and foot-soldiers [the infantry] against them,

and share with them in the property and children,

and promise them – but Satan promises them with nothing other than deceit.)

Man after Death
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
The after-death life of: disbelievers, associaters and hypocrites

Last edited by eanassir; 08-08-2009 at 09:09 AM..

Old 08-08-2009, 09:43 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,774,258 times
eanassir, unless you have died, experienced these things for yourself, then come back to the world of the living, you simply cannot logically state these things as facts, no matter how much you believe them. The same is true for those who don't believe. We can't state with 100% certainty that there is no afterlife, because we are still living (though some of us do state such). You advise Predos to not speak unless he speaks the truth, yet you cannot know if what you're claiming as truth is, indeed, truth. You can only believe it based on faith, which is fine but in no way means it's a known truth. Apparently this is incredibly difficult for many to comprehend.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
eanassir, unless you have died, experienced these things for yourself, then come back to the world of the living, you simply cannot logically state these things as facts, no matter how much you believe them.
So will everyone go to the next afterlife in order to be certain about it?

And who has died then come to life once again to tell us what is there: there were many of such people, but almost they were disbelieved, and their stories almost were unsatisfactory, while Abu abd-Allah in his trip to the world of souls: he saw many observations which he said in details:

Man after Death
Was it death or fainting?

And the Glorious Quran gives much explanation about the next afterlife, more than what is in the past Torah and Gospel; and we believe in the Quran and we believe in the next afterlife;

as in the Quran 2: 3
الَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِالْغَيْبِ وَيُقِيمُونَ الصَّلاةَ وَمِمَّا رَزَقْنَاهُمْ يُنفِقُونَ

The explanation:
([Those god-fearing] ((who believe in the Unseen)), are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them.)

The interpretation:
They believe in the next afterlife: the world of souls, and believe in Paradise, Hell and Judgment, although they have not seen it yet.

This also is in the Quran 45: 24-27
وَقَالُوا مَا هِيَ إِلَّا حَيَاتُنَا الدُّنْيَا نَمُوتُ وَنَحْيَا وَمَا يُهْلِكُنَا إِلَّا الدَّهْرُ وَمَا لَهُم بِذَلِكَ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِنْ هُمْ إِلَّا يَظُنُّونَ . وَإِذَا تُتْلَى عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتُنَا بَيِّنَاتٍ مَّا كَانَ حُجَّتَهُمْ إِلَّا أَن قَالُوا ائْتُوا بِآبَائِنَا إِن كُنتُمْ صَادِقِينَ . قُلِ اللَّهُ يُحْيِيكُمْ ثُمَّ يُمِيتُكُمْ ثُمَّ يَجْمَعُكُمْ إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ لَا رَيبَ فِيهِ وَلَكِنَّ أَكَثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ . وَلَلَّهِ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرضِ وَيَومَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ يَوْمَئِذٍ يَخْسَرُ الْمُبْطِلُونَ

The explanation:
(They say: "There is nothing but our [present] Worldly life; we die and our [children] live, and nothing but Time [factors] destroy us." Of that they have no knowledge, they merely conjecture.

When Our revelations are rehearsed to them, being obvious [revelations, and the afterlife, Paradise and Hell are mentioned], their only argument is that they say: "Bring our [dead] fathers [to life again] if you are telling the truth."

Say [O Mohammed to them]: "It is God Who makes you alive, then makes you die, then gathers you [in the Barzakh world: the world of souls] till Doomsday about which there is no doubt; but most of people do not know.

To God belongs the ownership of the heavens and the earth, and on the day when the Hour [of Doom] will take place; on that day 'those believing in falsehood' will lose.)

Last edited by eanassir; 08-08-2009 at 11:42 AM..

Old 08-08-2009, 11:19 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,690,827 times
Quote:

And who has died then come to life once again to tell us what is there: there were many of such people, but almost they were disbelieved, and their stories almost were unsatisfactory, while Abu abd-Allah in his trip to the world of souls: he saw many observations which he said in details:

Man after Death
Was it death or fainting?

And the Glorious Quran gives much explanation about the next afterlife, more than what is in the past Torah and Gospel; and we believe in the Quran and we believe in the next afterlife;

as in the Quran 2: 3
الَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِالْغَيْبِ وَيُقِيمُونَ الصَّلاةَ وَمِمَّا رَزَقْنَاهُمْ يُنفِقُونَ

The explanation:
([Those god-fearing] ((who believe in the Unseen)), are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them.)

The interpretation:
They believe in the next afterlife: the world of souls, and believe in Paradise, Hell and Judgment, although they have not seen it yet.
You sound exactly like someone else on this board, who posts the same things such as yeshusavedme, I think maybe somebody has two accounts on here!!!

Old 08-08-2009, 11:41 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,774,258 times
Quote:
Yes. Would you believe me if I told you I rode a sasquatch to work yesterday? I sure did. I have no physical proof, but I can assure you I did. I promise I wouldn't lie about this!

Old 08-08-2009, 11:46 AM

The difference is that God Himself is telling us in the Glorious Quran about the next afterlife, and we believe Him with certainty.
While the other party do not consider this until they die and lose.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:47 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,690,827 times
Quote:
The difference is that God Himself is telling us in the Glorious Quran about the next afterlife, and we believe Him with certainty.
While the other party do not consider this until they die and lose.
God has hands and fingers and wrote it himself?

Old 08-08-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You sound exactly like someone else on this board, who posts the same things such as yeshusavedme, I think maybe somebody has two accounts on here!!!
No, I am another man, with all my respect to all believers.
Man after Death
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality