Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2021, 03:23 PM

37,476 posts, read 61,432,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
This true, but only for a Trump vaccine. The Pfizer and Moderna ones don't have such a problem. If your doctor thinks otherwise, get a new doctor...
I got the Pfizer 'Trump' vaccine. Both times when I got it, we were required to sit in a room with nurses watching us for 30 minutes before we could leave.

Again not my doctor. I was talking about my wife's doctor.

My wife has had five heart attacks. Her doctor is very concerned, apparently, all of the Trump vaccines have had issues with heart palpations within a few minutes of getting the shot.

I do not have a doctor as my Primary Care Physician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 03:29 PM

88,625 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Well, my 73 y/o cousin just passed away from Covid. She contracted it at a relative's wedding. She
was immunocompromised with rheumatoid arthritis, and got pneumonia from Covid.

She and her family made a decision not to intubate, and she struggled with the oxygen given.

She is the first to die in our enormous extended family, though many have contracted it, despite most being vaccinated. Mild cases for them.
I am so sorry.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:32 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I got the Pfizer 'Trump' vaccine. Both times when I got it, we were required to sit in a room with nurses watching us for 30 minutes before we could leave.

My wife has had five heart attacks. Her doctor is very concerned, apparently, all of the Trump vaccines have had issues with heart palpations within a few minutes of getting the shot.

I'm trying to figure out what the issue is you're pointing to. I do believe everyone throughout the country was required to wait 15-30 minutes after receiving the shot to see if there was an adverse reaction. There's always going to be someone somewhere that has a bad reaction.

It's no secret there are people, due to current medical issues that should not receive the vaccine. Their doctor makes that decision. None of this is new.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:32 PM

88,625 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshultz View Post
Typical that he died from disease rather than combat. WW2 was the first American war where more soldiers died from combat than disease.
True. The Great Influenza addresses that, because the medical community was expecting a pandemic in WW1.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:35 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:

Very interesting. I had to stay for 30 minutes the first two times also: I have some drug allergies that are fairly severe and at the time I was also on blood thinners because I had had ankle surgery right before the vaccines. For the booster, I only had to wait 15 minutes as I was off the blood thinners and had a very easy time with the initial two. I am someone who has heart palpitations and racing heart but I never had an issue. A few of my family members have a-fib and no issues with them either.

But 5 heart attacks is serious business and the mRNA vaccines do have a rare side effect in some of cardiomyopathy. I guess I can sort of understand your wife's doctor's hesitancy. Let's just hope she doesn't get COVID because the vaccines cause the mild version of what can happen to you when you get COVID. If the vaccine is that treacherous for her, the disease itself could be catastrophic.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:35 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,403,381 times
Quote:
I got the Trump vaccine as soon as I could get it, and the second shot too.

My wife's doctor refuses to allow her to get any of these vaccines. Apparently, in the first 30-minutes of getting the shot, there is a high incidence of 'heart palpitations'. Anyone who has had multiple heart attacks needs to have a cardiologist standing by before they are given the shot.

My wife's doctor does not want my wife to get the shot until they can schedule for her cardiologist to be onsite when it happens.

What is the Trump vaccine?

Regarding the rest of your post, I agree with your doc, but why did he not send your wife, long ago, to get the vaccine at the nearest hospital, where there are several cardiologists (optimally but not necessarily including her cardiologist) onsite all the time?

Last edited by elnrgby; 12-30-2021 at 03:43 PM..

Old 12-30-2021, 03:37 PM

492 posts, read 406,657 times
BigBear99, I am very glad you post on this site.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:40 PM

106,750 posts, read 108,937,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenah View Post
BigBear99, I am very glad you post on this site.
Same , compared to all the agendas and misinformation we see here it is nice to have someone actually in that field to sort the noise out . Big bear was a researcher I think but he will correct me if I am wrong

Old 12-30-2021, 03:50 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,403,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
This true, but only for a Trump vaccine. The Pfizer and Moderna ones don't have such a problem. If your doctor thinks otherwise, get a new doctor...

I still don't know what a Trump vaccine is, but a concern of serious arrhythmia following a mRNA vaccine in a severe cardiopath is a legitimate concern. But covid in a severe cardiopath is also a legitimate concern, so not sure why his wife was not vaccinated ten months ago. Hospitals offer the vaccines, and contain readily available cardiologists. ER docs also know very well how to handle the potential issue.

Old 12-30-2021, 04:03 PM

37,118 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
So, it looks as though, if you are vaccinated (even if not boosted), this winter you are 5 times more likely to die if you get a flu than if you get covid. If you are unvaccinated, good luck...

Source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement