Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 12:01 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
There are plenty of white guys in Sacramento who have jobs.

Maybe the problem is not Sacramento?
lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 05:14 PM

258 posts, read 292,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol!
Well that could be one thing, but right now I'm focusing on why it seems every hotel I apply for has little to no white men working and thus always kicks my application out even when I do good on an interview

Old 01-28-2017, 05:18 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA2000 View Post
Well that could be one thing, but right now I'm focusing on why it seems every hotel I apply for has little to no white men working and thus always kicks my application out even when I do good on an interview
Could you clarify what sort of college program you're in, OP? I thought you were training to be in hotel admin, or something of that nature. At that level, you wouldn't be competing with the cleaning staff, or possibly not even the desk clerk staff, right?

Old 01-28-2017, 05:24 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Do they have white women on their staff? From my experience white males usually can get better jobs than 'night auditor' at a hotel, so those jobs are more commonly held by women and ethnic minorities who tend to have fewer opportunities. But why do you want to do that kind of work, those are usually considered crappy jobs.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Could you clarify what sort of college program you're in, OP? I thought you were training to be in hotel admin, or something of that nature. At that level, you wouldn't be competing with the cleaning staff, or possibly not even the desk clerk staff, right?
I'm actually studying for a government and journalism. This also goes for the other comment as well, but the reason why I'm pursuing hospitality careers is because I have more experience with them from being a previous front desk person/night auditor. It's where I have experience and thus have an 'edge'.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do they have white women on their staff? From my experience white males usually can get better jobs than 'night auditor' at a hotel, so those jobs are more commonly held by women and ethnic minorities who tend to have fewer opportunities. But why do you want to do that kind of work, those are usually considered crappy jobs.
It's where I have experience in.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:54 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
It's where I have experience in.
Have you tried to get a student job at the College you attend? Or, how about a State of California Student job? https://jobs.ca.gov/Public/Jobs/Students.aspx

Old 01-29-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I'm in a government/journalism program, currently studying to get a BA, but I hope to move even more forward and get an MA.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Have you tried to get a student job at the College you attend? Or, how about a State of California Student job? https://jobs.ca.gov/Public/Jobs/Students.aspx
I have. On at least a dozen occasions, and they almost never end up hiring white men. That's why I've been looking elsewhere.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Yes... they usually have quite a few on there. But, as I've said before, it's what I have experience in. Also, I'm on the autism spectrum, and even though I usually don't have to notate anything when filling out forms, it pretty much shines through no matter what, so half the time I feel like I'm being looked at as say, the next Adam Lanza, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento